Hell on Wheels Forums

Saturday 9:00 PM on AMCBetween Seasons

(SPOILERS) Was dissapointed at the ending of season 2....

webe123

[1]Oct 8, 2012
    • level: 4

With Lilly Bell being killed off by the swede, I think the writers of the show made a HUGE MISTAKE!

I was really dissapointed in her death. I think they will lose viewers over this.

Why didn't they kill off Durant and his wife?

Letting them live instead of Lilly Belle was stupid in my opinion, another thing that was totally dumb was letting the swede get away with so much!

I do think that writers of shows need to be taught a lesson...and that lesson is...WHEN YOU KILL OFF A MAIN CHARACTER, YOU KILL OFF THE VIEWERS OF THAT MAIN CHARACTER!

The writers are basically slitting their own throats! Especially when you kill off a character that was liked so much.

It was a stupid, stupid thing to do in my opinion!

Edited on 10/08/2012 4:02am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Boomer76

[2]Oct 8, 2012
    • level: 8
    I can agree that killing "Lily Bell" was drastic but this was probably not the season finale but the show finale and in that light it makes more sense. The show has not had any good numbers lately and will probably get "canned".

As for Durant he died later historically so sending him to prison now makes sense.

Yaspaa

[3]Oct 9, 2012
    • level: 79
    I thought her death was shocking, which is what made it awesome, I'm sick predictable TV. If the show continues they'll bring some other hot bird in to take her place.

haldrey

[4]Aug 10, 2013
    • level: 22

I a bit late since I was one of those Dish customers that had to wait to the repeats. Yes, I was also somewhat disappointed, Lily was one of the key characters of the show and who is going to be the engineer now? I believe that somewhere during the new season Durant will return and who know maybe the Swede did not drown, remember that he is a Sanctuary alumni.

Edited on 08/10/2013 11:32am

nimd4

[5]Aug 13, 2013
    • level: 6
    haldrey wrote:

[..] and who is going to be the engineer now?

You know who!! :-) Hahah I can't contain my excitement for the show.. and it's back for a third season!!! w00t!

I felt somewhat the same way as the OP, but the first episode brings some lighthearted humor and the change of scenery.. What transpired at the end of the last season almost makes perfect sense.

Good thread to revive, gogo hellz bellz