Hell on Wheels

Immoral Mathematics

Aired Saturday 9:00 PM Nov 13, 2011 on AMC

• I can already tell I'm going to like The Swede. Here's why.

Recurring guest stars have a way of making a really big impact on AMC shows. The writing for these seemingly minor characters plays an extremely big role in piquing the interest of the show. Giancarlo Esposito (Gustavo Frings on Breaking Bad) started out as a guest star in Season 2. Who knew he would become one of the most talked-about characters on television. The same goes with Michael Christofer who played Truxton Spangler on AMC's Rubicon. These two recurrent guest stars (who make an appearance in practically every episode since their debut) have had tremendous impact on audiences. Hell on Wheels picks up on this and has Christopher Heyerdahl arrive with a heart-breaking tale of his past and an amazing accent that just commands his screen presence. Just like with Gus and Truxton, the actor behind The Swede is just as smooth, calculating, and talented and it shows on screen. AMC has really got the recurring guest-star formula down - I'm looking forward to Heyerdahl's performances and storylines just like I looked forward to seeing Gus Frings and Truxton Spangler.