Hello Ladies

HBO (ended 2013)

Hello Ladies Fan Reviews (13)

• Great, witty show! - 'Hello Ladies"

I give the HBO show "Hello Ladies" a 10 out 0f 10. I guess the format is most similar to a sitcom with no laugh track. This show is well written, well cast, well acted, beautifully shot, and has great nostalgic music/"soundtracks at the end of each episode that ties the whole mood of each episode together. I watched it on Amazon Prime. If this show was canceled, I hope they bring it back. I never even heard of the show before I watched it, and initially watched it because I couldn't find anything else to watch. Once I started watching, I couldn't wait to watch the next episode. It made me laugh at different moments through-out. They should have done a better job marketing it.
  • warm and funny. oxymoron s?

What a wonderful show. Fish outta water in the good ole US of a. Can't believe it was cancelled. Way more fun than getting on.
  • Humour deprived people hating on the show.

Really annoying. If you don't get the humour of the show, just Stay AWAY from it. At least let us enjoy this pure comedic gold. Brilliantly shot hilarious comedy with a favourite lead character.

No need for hating and stuff.
  • Based on the pilot, no.

It wasn't even bearable for the entire 30 minutes. Cripes, I hope it wasn't longer than 30 minutes.

The Merchant, Pilkington, and Gervais star has fizzled, they've had their 15 minutes of fame and bilked stupid Americans of lots of money.

Gervais proved himself to be a wanker underneath it all, Pilkington is, as he already knew, boring, and Merchant's schtick has been better done by Larry David.

If you've seen the sad little female companion in Gervais' Extras pining after him like a sad little idiot, you know where Merchant's sad little female tenant is headed.

All the Gervais Triumvirate Men are the best in town, and any female would be lucky to have them.

Bollocks. Any American woman with half a brain would kick them all to the curb.

Tried it again - for the last time. Three (four?) episodes in, Merchant's character is still an ahole and the women are brainless ***s.

If you like your men misogynistic morons - a***www, the wanker doesn't want to die alone, so let's forgive him his jackass personality - and your writers racist morons, this show's for you.

You're welcome to it.

I bet there were no women in the office the day HBO gave this piece of shit the green light.
  • If you like to feel awkward then you will love this show

Does feel a little cartoonish but the main characters, stuart and jessica are faulty and lovable.

Hope this show lives on.
  • A Decent Show

It's a kind of show you either really like or you really hate. The premise of the show is nice and Merchant is funny in his usual Awkward way but i think the main problem is when in the main guy in a show keeps failing all the time and nothing good ever happens to him eventually people lose interest. We all love an underdog story which usually ends up with a win but with this show, it looks like he will always fail and put his foot in his mouth at almost every opportunity which can be a turn off for most people. I will probably watch it till the end of the season to see if anything changes, if not then I don't see the point in watching it again.

• Good Show

Nice funny show with good attempt to express plight of most of the men. And men are gonna hate this show for that very reason. Look at the ratings.
  • What a tool!

Stuart is probably one of the most unlikeable characters in the history of TV. Even David Brent (Ricky Gervais on the original Office) wasn't this bad.

Not everything on HBO is solid gold.

Dropped after two episodes.
  • cancel it!

this was a complete waste of time
  • So bad couldn't finish episode

Like other reviewers I could only make it through part of the pilot before turning it off. I was hoping it would be light hearted fun but was filled with uncomfortable attempts at humor that had me cringing every few seconds.
  • what is wrong with people?

wow why people fail this show so fast, it is really funny with non-stop jokes instead of sound of applause like on other shows, its a great show looking forward
  • iouuuu

I lost interest in the show in the first fifteen minutes.. Didn't even attempt to watch it and I don't think I will make the effort to watch another episode.
  • A so-so show with a great cast, it's the overall theme of Fall 2013 shows

I hope that, being on HBO, this show gets a little more risky. Maybe someone will tell him that HBO is the BBC4 of the US.