A Hell's Kitchen Community
Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOX

Fox has unveiled its new fall schedule, which finds Animation Domination getting a little less animated, Bones on the move (again!), and Glee missing in action. 

One of the bigger surprises of the network's new schedule is that the network is adding two live-action comedies to its Sunday-night lineup, which has been exclusively devoted to animated programming for the last several years. The block formerly known as Animated Domination will now feature the sophomore season of the Golden Globe-winning Brooklyn Nine-Nine 8:30pm, preceded by Bob's Burgers and The SimpsonsFamily Guy will air at 9pm, followed by new comedy Mulaney—which stars comedian and former Saturday Night Live writer John Mulaney—at 9:30pm.

On Monday nights, the new Batman prequel Gotham (watch the first trailer here!) will take over the 8pm time slot, followed by the second season of Sleepy Hollow at 9pm. 

New reality series Utopia—which sends 15 people to an isolated, undeveloped location for an entire year and challenges them to create their own civilization—will kick off Tuesday nights at 8pm, followed by New Girl and The Mindy Project at 9pm and 9:30pm, respectively. 

On Wednesday, the Octavia Spencer-starring coming-of-age drama Red Band Society airs at 8pm, followed by Hell's Kitchen at 9pm.

After testing out the waters on pretty much every night of Fox's schedule, Bones is returning to Thursday nights at 8pm, where it aired during its fourth, fifth, and part of its sixth seasons. It will be followed by Gracepoint—Fox's 10-episode adaptation of the U.K. series Broadchurch that stars Anna Gunn and David Tennant—at 9pm. 

Closing out the week on Fridays are Masterchef Junior at 8pm, and a second new episode of Utopia (the show will air twice a week for its first six weeks) at 9pm. 

Glee's sixth and final season is currently unscheduled. New series Backstrom, EmpireHieroglyphLast Man on Earth, Bordertown, and Weird Loners, as well as the event series Wayward Pines and a live version of the Broadway musical Grease, will debut in 2015. Live special Jump of the Century is slated for fall.

Check out the full schedule in easy-to-read list form below.

FOX'S FALL 2014-2015 SCHEDULE 
New shows are listed in ALL CAPS

MONDAY

8pm-9pm – GOTHAM
9pm-10pm – Sleepy Hollow

TUESDAY

8-9pm – UTOPIA
9-9:30pm – New Girl
9:30-10pm – The Mindy Project

WEDNESDAY

8-9pm – Hell's Kitchen
9-10pm – RED BAND SOCIETY

THURSDAY

8-9pm – Bones
9-10pm – GRACEPOINT

FRIDAY

8-9pm – Masterchef Junior
9-10pm – UTOPIA

SUNDAY

7:30-8pm – Bob's Burgers
8-8:30pm – The Simpsons
8:30-9pm – Brooklyn Nine-Nine
9-9:30pm – Family Guy
9:30-10pm – MULANEY

Upfronts 2014 HQ:
New Shows, Network Schedules, Video Previews, and More

This article originally appears on TV Guide.com.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 2/2/2017

Season 16 : Episode 16

65 Comments
Comments (65)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Looking forward to Gracepoint, if it ever gets shown in the UK. Broadchurch was a good story with plenty of twists and turns, but included in the cast were some of the most irritating of all British actors. I'm hoping that the US cast is stronger.
Flag
Is Cabot College still going ahead?
Flag
What about Cosmos?
Flag
There are still 3 episodes left, but I would very much like to see Cosmos return if it can continue to reveal wonders and entertain as well as it has. I do hope the show creators have a "success" plan, because I thought ratings were pretty good. But Cosmos was apparently 20 years in the making, so I worry we may not see more for years, if ever.
Flag
Ratings are doing well? I am surprised.
Flag
Broadchurch with Skyler White? NO THANK YOU!
Flag
I think Glee should be put on Friday Nights, no offense.
Flag
does 'schedule' not imply starting or air-dates?
Flag
Where's 24? Everyone loves Jack Bauer, Dammit!
Flag
Please watch your language, thank you. 24 will come.
Flag
I'm only interested in Gotham, but I will probably give it a pass until/unless it's confirmed renewed for a second season.
Flag
Y'know what gets it renewed? Actually watching it.
Flag
I've already explained this elsewhere, but too bad, basically. I got burned with Almost Human; not risking it again. At least if it doesn't get renewed, I won't have seen it and won't miss it.
Flag
that's only true if you take part in the Nielsen ratings system, otherwise what the average TV watcher actually watches doesn't matter at all to the networks.
Flag
And this. Don't have a Nielsen box.
Flag
I might give Gotham a try but other than that nothing of interest.
Flag
I watch most everything through On Demand or Hulu now, so the schedule, for me, is meaningless. That said, and I do not watch Brooklyn 9-9 at all, B99 needs to switch places with Family Guy. Going from animation to live action to animation is just off in some way. Besides, Family Guy leading into B99 may actually help B99 more, as Family Guy is Sunday's most successful show, as far as I know.
Flag
John Mulaney is a very funny guy, hope his show is funnier than his "Too Much Tuna" stuff from Kroll Show though, that bit is too repetitive and hung on a single concept. I guess that Sunday could work, it's different, but not bad.

Gotham makes sense after Sleepy Hollow, but kinda big shoes to fill.

The rest of that schedule is really depressing. Luckily I don't watch Fox much anymore except Sundays.
Flag
and mondays, sleepy hollow
Flag
Just Gotham for me.
Flag
just Sleepy Hollow, New Girl, Mind, Bones, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine for me..

don't see why B99 is on Sundays sandwiched in between two cartoons. I can see it being moved when something, probably Gracepoint or Utopia, bombs. why even bother with Bob's Burgers if it's coming on before 8/7c? Also don't see why Glee's held until midseason when they have two episodes of Utopia on in a week, I doubt we need that many. I doubt we even need one. not as bad as NBC, but still weird all around.

I don't see Gracepoint doing well, atleast I personally hope not.. from the casting announcements, it looks to be an exact copy of Broadchurch, they just changed the character names. anybody who wanted to see it would have already seen Broadchurch most likely and will tune out when they see it going exactly the same.
Flag
Thank God Glee will be off the air after next year.
Flag
AMEN
Flag
DANGIT! Live-action stuff dies on Fox during Sunday! Why would you kill both Brooklyn Nine-Nine AND network TV's only block of animation? And get Bob's out of 7:30! That slot has killed things before!
Flag
Bc bobs is absolutely horrible
Flag
I'm already nervous for Gotham. I mean, I knew it was going to air on Mondays, but the last new FOX show that actually did well in the 8:00 time-slot was Prison Break (nine years ago!).
Flag
Curious to see how Gracepoint turns out. Tennant is usually a solid actor.
Flag
I'd expect it to be exactly the same as the UK because they cast people in the same roles, just gave them different names.
Flag
I dunno, American's usually fail at their adaptions of great British series'
Flag
oh I'm sure they will, but I'm expecting it to be the exact same story in addition.
Flag
Oh yeah, the story was already confirmed to be the same.
Flag
Nice! Gotham and Sleepy Hollow are a great pairing.
Flag
What about American Dad?
Flag
It's moving to TBS. New season starts this summer
Flag
Oh did not know that. Wonder why it's moving... Thanks
Flag
i think FOX decided to get rid of it and TBS picked it up
Flag
and to think it's funnier than family guy
Flag
Summer, already? Wow.
Flag
Fittingly, because Brooklyn Nine Nine feels like a live action cartoon.
Flag
Seems quite clear they are saving Glee for a spring/ summer finale run. Gotham on Monday's essentially assures it won't be up against the other DC shows and gives me a watchable time for it.
Flag
Family Guy (will always be a fan), Sleepy Hollow (great show) and Hell's Kitchen (no such thing as too much Gordon Ramsey) are the only things I care about. I stopped watching Bones over a year ago.
Flag
This is the worst weekly line-up of TV shows I've ever, ever seen. Bones literally the only decent show on during the week, with Sunday giving me my animation domination+ the great Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Fox might be the worst channel on TV right now
Flag
Nah, NBC is worse. Did you see THAT schedule? Yowch.
Flag
NBC has now finally jumped the big shark, IMO. Now we have to boycott watching all NBC comedies for now until both Parks and Recreation and About A Boy end their series by next season.
Flag
I'm glad they are moving Brooklyn Nine-Nine to Sunday Nights because it is getting too independently successful right now. I know that Mulaney is teaming up with Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but what is that show all about?

I know Glee is not in this current next season schedule, but since their sixth is their final one, then I have feeling that it will be put on Friday Nights to finish its series. They first have to finish their this Tuesday Night's season five finale.
Flag
I'm very much looking forward to Gotham,it looks really good.I will have to wait and see the trailers for the others later today.Definitely will check out Gotham.
Flag
Am I blind and missing Empire on the list (I did just wake up, still in bed)? Or did it not get picked up?
Flag
WTF, if the Red Band Society is a story centered on 6 kids on a pediatric hospital, how can Octavia Spencer be the lead?
Flag

Flag
*Animation Domination
Not Animated Domination
Flag
Notmation Domination
Flag
Gotham and Sleepy Hollow sound like a great pairing.

With this and Grimm and Constantine on NBC I think that networks are finally figuring out how to schedule genre series...
Flag
Interesting decision to move Brooklyn Nine-Nine to Sundays.

On one hand it distances the series from the sinking Tuesday comedy block that is New Girl and The Mindy project, which may indicate that the network wants it around for the long-haul (just as all of its Animation Domination programming has been).

On the other hand, Sunday!? It's not like there's any really popular shows to go up against...
Flag
I'm a little torn on Gotham. I want to like it but Commissioner Gordon just isn't that interesting a character. And he's not even Commissioner at this point.
Flag
trailer looked interesting enough so ill give the ol' 4 episodes try and if its not catching ill say i tried
Flag
Me too. I love comic book TV shows and Batman is my favourite hero and all, but I'm not sure how this will work as a TV show. I mean, isn't one of the main reasons Batman became Batman was because the Gotham police force was terrible? So either they are going to fail most of the time or just make one of the big reasons for Batman invalid. They also seem to be using a lot of his villains in the first season alone - The Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman and Poison Ivy in one go? There's really not going to be a lot of good ones left by season 3 or 4. I am trying to remain hopeful though. I really do hope it's good.
Flag
If it doesn't get cancelled after few episodes I am sure they will put little batman in it.
How he got orphaned and his training. How Gotham turned into the city which needs a Batman ? It would be worth a try.
Flag
What happened in Crime Alley is in the trailer so that's a given. As for training, Bruce is supposed to be around 10-ish so the full on training shouldn't start until the show finished, but having said that they do seem to be setting up a storyline between Bruce and Selina
Flag
We saw that story play out in a movie called Batman Begins. I expect Gotham to be much more about James Gordon's story and his fight against police corruption. I don't think Bruce Wayne will play a very large part in the series.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    Training Day Sunset
    NEW
    CBS