Hell's Kitchen Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Season 9 so far.

chalidon1881

[1]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 5

So far this season has a lot of disappointing chefs who can't lead and can barely pull off a food service. Natalie and Will show the most potential. Krupa started strong, but it seems she has hit a downward spiral; I would love to see her pull out of it though and "fight back." But most of all I want Elyse to SHUT UP. I have never all togetherdisliked a contestantbefore on any show ever until she came along, and the worse thing is, is that she isn't the worst cook there and might end up making to the black team. Carrie is a weak cook, and her time is numbered if she doesn't improve dramatically she'll be out. Outside the kitchen I do think that she painted a bullseye on her back, when she dared to upset the hen house by coming on to a guy; they did not like that one bit, which is typical of the uptight to be jealous of those who aren't. They should have gotten over that a lot quicker so they could have worked on getting Elyse out instead, she was horrible in the beginning. She has improved, and hopefully peaked but I don't think she is hiring material.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

drudager

[2]Aug 6, 2011
    • level: 13
    Definitely one of the weakest HK yet. Way too much drama. You know the worst thing is, some of the current crud being kicked off will be back for the finale. Woof. Honestly after all these years of HK being on the air, the contestants have had all the time in the world to brush up on their Beef Wellington, their bass, salmon & scallops and risotto skills. Which makes me question if some of these contestants aren't actually cooks but no-name Hollywood actors. And for the casting director, I wonder if they're starving off the real chefs for later seasons.

Remember Wil? He just stood there like a deer in headlights on Day 1 a few years ago and quickly got the boot. But yeah, Elise needs her block knocked off. I know you don't go to HK to make friends, but yeah, you really should. You can still shine individually but the name of the game is team work from the beginning to the end.

hatedX2

[3]Aug 8, 2011
    • level: 1
    I thought Elizabeth, with her lack of exposure (mistakes) was a possibility up until this challenge where she had to listen and instruct her team on what to make. Tommy & Jonathan both held their own early on, but have slipped a bit. Krupa & Gina seemed steady as well and I was shocked Gina got booted off - she didn't even mess up. But now it seems clear that Natalie is easily the best. and I'm sure it'll be mostly blue team as they get down to the end.

drudager

[4]Aug 8, 2011
    Natalie the best? She had 30 scallops sitting there to sear. Got banished to the dorms and nominated. And Elise is still there. *Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*.

chalidon1881

[5]Aug 9, 2011

Elise irritates me more than anything, I've never wanted to punch someone on TV before (not counting C. Anthony). She acts like the ghetto b**tch*es from my junior high, that have no idea how to act in public. To be fair though the previous girl who said Natalee was the best hadn't seen last night's episode. I am thinking that he needs to send everyone home and begin fresh. I wouldn't give a restaurant to any of these hacks. I was sorry to see Krupa go, I was hoping he would instead take out Jonathon since he couldn't take responsability for his bad service and he nearly quit anyway. If it was Trump he would have fired that guy for breathing the word quit with no chances and no calling him back. But I suppose that is why I like Ramsey more.

Edited on 08/09/2011 4:55pm

GameWiz1000

[6]Aug 9, 2011
    • level: 25
    Has it ever been more obvious who'll end up as the winner? Will! I don't remember him ever screwing up in dinner service. Has he?
    Edited on 08/09/2011 5:08pm

drudager

[7]Aug 9, 2011

Well this episode certainly was a turn for the worse. Elise as the best? :puke Frown

Jonathon was a quitter. If you're honestly hurt, then have the med staff attend you (which I didn't see at all). Otherwise it looks like you're dogging it. Also he looked like he had a concussion - just totally out of it & dazed. Natalie had her hide saved by Jonathon and now she's on borrowed time.

WTF was up with Tommy's pizza?? It was so bad it lost out to raw food. Speaking of Tommy, everybody knows you're supposed to garnish a burger with some green leaf and/or the lettuce/tomato/onion/pickle on the side. Even the most basic diners understand this. Mmmmmm, burgers.

Edited on 08/09/2011 7:24pm

haldrey

[8]Aug 10, 2011
    • level: 22
    A flat season so far, no one in the group is shinning enough to be able to tackle the job they are fighting for.

baskok

[9]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 9

So far it's like any other season. Always someone who really annoys the girls teamElise. She is so overlyaggressiveand shouting all the time seriously i think that in episode 9 or 10 there will be a team shake up. I don't think thatCarriecan be on the showforany longer. Every yearthere'sa weaker chef that continues to be there for episodes. On the mans team the only good ones are nathalie and will they are by far the best eventhowNathaliecould'nt get the scallops right.

Oh and is anyone tired of the same food? BeefWellington, scallops, risotto. all you have to do is get those dishes right before going into the hells kitchen. There is nothing really new about this showany moreandI'veseen all the seasons from start to finish.

drudager

[10]Aug 15, 2011
    You have to be kidding me. Seriously?! What a bunch of crap! Carrie or Elise nominated and they STAY?! "Yeah, let's kick off the person on the losing team who DIDN'T get kicked out of service!" This stupid show.

chalidon1881

[11]Aug 15, 2011

They are obviously staying on the show because they think people are interested in their constant fighting. I wish one of them would go home already. I personally, as much as I despise Elise, would have gotten rid of Carrie. She was never and will never make a good chef.

Edited on 08/15/2011 7:49pm

drudager

[12]Aug 16, 2011
    Well I for one am getting sick of it. It would have fixed a lot of problems on the Red team. You know even after all these years, I'm still confused: Ramsay wants you to show fight, but when they actually do, he gets all pissed. When it comes to food, do you want it simple or complicated? Or simply complicated or excessively simple? I get that vibe on MasterChef as well. I usually looked forward to HK every season, but now it feels like cooking bootcamp run by a raging lunatic that seems to defy all logic. No way in hell on the challenge does Jennifer somehow get 6 stars on that ugly pile of **** she plated. Tho rigged challenges are nothing new. This comes off as a crooked '50s game show. Booting Jamie was just pointless and a stall tactic, and a bad one at that.

haldrey

[13]Aug 16, 2011
    • level: 22
    I'll be happy when Elise is gone.

firefairyangel

[14]Aug 16, 2011
    • level: 12
    I still don't understand why he booted Jamie over Carrie and Elise (or Tommy for that matter). Even if they want to keep the drama, all they really need to do is keep Elise. She's a strong enough chef anyway that they could justify keeping her a couple more episodes, and she'll pick a fight with someone, even if it's not Carrie. Carrie is just irritating, and does not deserve to be there over Jamie. Normally I can understand why Ramsay sends someone home, but he sent Jamie away for one bad service and called it a downwrad spiral. Did I miss something?

drudager

[15]Aug 16, 2011

Hell's Kitchen is never really a democracy. Chef Ramsay will pluck whoever he wants and kick them off. Nobody ever has any real power. All of that is just fodder for contestants who think they actually have a say in this. But what really bugs me, is Elise obviously has an attitude and an agenda; yet she gets to stay and reek havoc, all in the name of ratings. That's what screws up the integrity of all these shows.

There's at least 3 people that deserved to go before Jamie. 3! And it's not even close. This show raises more questions than it answers and quite frankly, is extremely unsatisfying. They should burn off the first 10 episodes in double nightly installments to burn through this. There's also way too many contestants, and those booted early get more eventual screen time in the opening credits than on the show. 18 chefs is WAY too many to start this competition.

Edited on 08/19/2011 3:54pm

chikanoman

[16]Aug 16, 2011
    • level: 12
    Will's easily the best with Paul and Natalie bringing up 2nd and 3rd respectively. IMO

Carrie is the ugliest thing on Television please kick this white pasty sunburnt bitch out NOW!!!

Elise is well Fucked in the head!

MissKayasha

[17]Aug 22, 2011
    • level: 3
    Though it had frustrated me when he send Jamie home....yeah I still don't see what he saw about her declining and disappearing i mean honestly i didn't even remember that Elizabeth existed until she messed up which always happened. Too bad, the drama of Carrie and Elise over shadow her inability to be a proper cook and she stayed this long. I know easily who would be the top contenders but for fun and just nature I root for the under dogs, see how far they get and honestly I feel bad for Elise I know she has attitude issues but the problem for her is she don't see it. She needs someone to explain why this is consider a attitude problem or being rude/obnoxious. It sounds trivial "I shouldn't have to explain to people like her why her attitude is annoying" but yah kinda do cause just saying "you ain't a team playa" or "you have a bad attitude" is not enough but mentally their not seeing or understanding what you're talking about. Kinda like they get it but not really. Me, being raise in what people would consider the ghetto, the only people that gets notice and attention and served and helped are the ones that are the loudest so her mannerism doesn't shock me at all. At first I was upset with Elise I wanted her to shut up too but now I can only pity her. Point is its obvious she won't stay their for long my underdogs usually gets far into the black but unfortunately for Elise I have a small feeling that is not going to happen. By far, this season is one of the worst HK of them all imo. No one stands out and one of the worst pallet I've seen in years. teh its painful to watch because were not being challenge were just in for an obvious ride until we get to the top two finalist aka Jennifer and Will- then we can sit nervously wondering who will win.

chalidon1881

[18]Aug 29, 2011

Finnnnnalllly, Carrie is out. I was sad that Natalie got the boot, but she once again failed on the fish station. The big WTF moment of the season was when Elise tried to lie about skoring those wellingtons. Hey,dumb B@#$!, they have you on camera! As of now I foresee Jennifer and Will being at the end. Paul is a very close third since he is finally stepping up; we'll have to watch tonight to see if Jennifer loses her cool in the kitchen with Tweedle dee and Tweedle dum. It could be her downfall.

Edited on 08/29/2011 4:15pm

drudager

[19]Aug 29, 2011

Challenge: this show is CROOKED. No way in HELL Jennifer cooks raw lamb in 90 seconds to pink. Editing technique galore. Also I think those burners in the kitchen are being co-controlled behind walls - I know that sounds ridiculous, but I wouldn't put it past the show's producers to create drama by sabotaging equipment & ovens. Some of these cooking situations seem very suspect.

Elise in the Final 5? Yell She is a virus that infects everyone around her. The only thing she's good at is yelling and making it all about her. Self-absorbed *****. Jennifer is like 5 times the size of Elise, why doesn't she smack her around??

Talk about a weak 5 - two don't belong there. But there's no way Elizabeth deserved to be there, so again, it's Elise by default.

drudager

[20]Aug 29, 2011

"chalidon1881" said: I was sad that Natalie got the boot, but she once again failed on the fish station. The big WTF moment of the season was when Elise tried to lie about skoring those wellingtons. Hey,dumb B@#$!, they have you on camera!

The only reason why Elise didn't get the boot is because Natalie was worse. But Elise should had never been able to get away with lying like that. Apparently the honesty preached in HK is only for when it's convenient and makes drama.

Once again, fish seems to be the downfall to a country where a majority seems to not like fish. Hell I don't even know how to cook fish either - I've never done it. I'd rather have red meat, chicken & pork over fish. Oh, and absolutely HATE scallops Tongue out Rubbery, bland food. Maybe it's a just a regional thing. But apparently it's a pain in the ass to sear them.