Hell's Kitchen

HK9: 5 Chefs Compete Part 2

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Sep 12, 2011 on FOX

5.4
  • Ramsey plays favorites.

Any chance that Ramsey had of redeeming himself and regaining any respect from me has been lost tonight. This has been the most unenjoyable and painful season ever. I no longer enjoy this show, this season has ruined it for me. I only watch because since I've gotten this far, I may as well find out who wins it. But I definitely won't be back next season.

From day one, Elise has been a major annoyance. She dragged the red team down week after week with her drama. That she made it to the black team just shows how incompetent Ramsey has become as a judge of character. Elise doesn't inspire teamwork, doesn't bring anyone together, doesn't contribute to a team. Every week she's supposed to participate in punishment, she stands and watches....she knows nothing about teamwork. She has proven herself time and time again to be a lousy choice for a leader.

On top of that, she isn't even that good of a cook. She's not done great the last few challenges. This episode's challenge was no exception, Jennifer beat the stuffing out of her. Mac and Cheese? Please!

Then, in today's service, Elise finds herself completely unable to cook salmon. Not only that, after instructed as to what she was doing wrong, and how to properly cook the salmon, she continued doing the same thing, despite them telling her over and over. If the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results, it's time to have Elise committed.

Yes, Jennifer did have a rough service with the appetizers. Although due to editing and not seeing the whole thing, it's difficult to determine if it was her or Tommy that was more to blame. But at least she was trying, while Elise continued to make the same mistake, over, and over, and over, and over, until Ramsey got fed up and kicked her out.

Also, clearly Ramsey was holding back. He wasn't getting nearly as mad at Elise as I've seen him get mad at others for lesser things. He didn't get in her face. Barely screamed at her. Didn't take her aside. Didn't even smash the wrongly cooked salmon. He was very restrained. Why? Clearly, he's playing favorites here. I'm not sure what is going on between Ramsey and Elise behind the scenes, but I'm a bit suspicious, because Ramsey's treatment of Elise is inconsistent with his normal behavior.

Then, at the end of the day, after Elise can't even cook one salmon, after repeating the same mistakes after being told what to do, after presenting a far worse dish that Jennifer's with her mac n' cheezy salmon, Ramsey has the balls to send Jennifer home, and expect us to believe this is fair?

For these reasons, I have lost any chance of ever having any respect for Ramsey again. This will be the last season I watch. Clearly, the game is rigged, and I have no interest in watching a rigged game.

I think Hells Kitchen has jumped the shark.

• Ramsays sold out

This season of hells kitchen has been painful to watch and I hope its the last. Ramsay is clearly just there for show/money and has no real say in who goes home.

The standard of chefs has been falling since season 1, its no longer a cooking show its a who can be the most annoying competition.

Elise should have been sent home 5 episodes ago, she is the main reason for the season being the worst by far. Anyone who has seen Ramsays non Americanized shows will know there is no way in hell he would put up with her by choice.

I wont be watching the final and will be boycotting all of ramsays american shows as the network is clearly aiming them at the mentally challenged(do we really need to be told what happened 2 minutes ago after every ad break).

Next week on hells kitchen the most stupidest, scripted pile of crap EVER