Hell's Kitchen

HK4: 14 Chefs Compete

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Apr 08, 2008 on FOX

• At least in this series the person making final decisions, Gordon, can see the talent or lack thereof and make a the correct move. Not like Apprentice where Trump has to fire one of the people brought into the boardroom even if they do not belong.

To be honest, I have not been in that kind of kitchen in many, many years but I know I have more talent than most of them have shown. How can you not know the menu? How can you not know what is medium rare and what is medium. And if Gordon can see the fish is raw from 15 feet away, why can't you see it.
    Both teams have little talent or seem to have little talent. I think Gordon getting them up and showing them what the waste was could have been a wake up call. A lot of them have no clue on what it takes to run a place of business. They are oblivious to costs and how throwing away more food than you serve is the fastest way to go out of business, or for these wanna be chefs, eating the junk they put out would do it as well.
    Yes there were a few high spots. Two chefs actually got compliments from Gordon on the food, but wait, aren't there 14 chefs remaining. Is Gordon an jerk to be around, yes and no. It is his name and reputation at stake. If you cannot do simple things with only 15 items on the menu what will you do when you have 100 to 200. I have worked for people like him, with some you learn to do things right the first time and after a while you gain respect. With others no matter how well you do it, it is never good enough, and I do not think Gordon is in that category. He wants the people that work for him to have his level of dedication to the quality and will not accept anything less.
    From what I have seen, no one comes close to that level yet, and hopefully someone will get it together and show us something. Right now, a short order cook at the local diner here in Quakertown would blow them all away.
  • The chefs continue to show that most of them don't belong in a kitchen. The blue team wins the challenge and gets an awesome prize while the red team loses and starts to tear each other apart. Either way, during service both teams still stink.

It's only been the 2nd day of the show but I'm already starting to dislike the majority of the contestants. Many of them act like they should already be the winner because they made the least amount of mistakes but they (Jen, Bobby for example) would call out their teammates in public and blast them even though they screwed up themselves. Bad teammates they are. Then there are some contestants (Sharon, Jason) who just keep screwing up and don't get it right even though they've been given chance after chance to shine. Then there are those (Petrozza) who don't even know what's on the menu for the service. How are you going to run a restaurant if you have no clue what's on the menu!?

I was happy that Corey got her act together after screwing up that chicken from last episode. I hope she goes beserk on Jen.

Props to Ben for really helping the blue team when they needed a confidence booster. He and LouRoss will probably be the final contestants if they keep their acts together.

Bobby and Jason both need to go but I won't say who won and who got eliminated.

Ramsay is the biggest jerk when it comes to cooking and restaurants but that's why I watch the show. If he did that to me, I probably would've cried. I can't wait for next week's episode. Too bad it's not for another 6 days and 23 hours!
FOX