Hell's Kitchen

HK6: 2 Chefs Compete

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Oct 13, 2009 on FOX

• Two Words: Epic Goodness!

For this being the first season of Hell's Kitchen that I've seen from start to finish, I will say that I know why this show has made it 6 seasons! I had my doubts, but in the end the worthwhile chef won. Before the last episode started, I thought it was going to be a close down-to-the-second fight between the One-Armed Bandit and the Cooking Jock. But 3 minutes into the final challenge, I had a feeling that this was going to be blowout. Kevin, who had a perfect record in the kitchen: never on the block, never kicked out of the kitchen, yet when everything was on the line, he dropped the ball. You could have done nothing wrong and made it to final round, but if you can't Do Work when it matters, you might as well change your name to Ohio State! Dave was not only the "popular" choice for winning; he was the best guy for the job. He's done his job amazingly with one arm, which means that he'll be phenomenally with both of them! I feel sorry for Kevin's family, but hopefully he can teach his son a lesson in humility. The whole season he's been saying how great he is. And though it was true, there was nothing to be gained by reminding everyone about it! Dave also knew he was good, but he also knew he wasn't the only one. Greatness and arrogance are not synonyms, and as we saw last night, true greatness is being able to do the best you can all while keeping your humility in check, and I hope Dave remembers that while he's starting his new family while taking his career to the next level.