Hell's Kitchen

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered May 30, 2005 In Season

gabfan31

Hell's Kitchen Fan Reviews (261)

• New season idea

Have producers ever thought of having a redemption season for the great chefs who came close but were beaten out . Michelle, Dana? I feel like it would intensify everything cause they know the kitchen and shouldn't make rookie mistakes.. It would just change things up for once.
  • Thanks for being judicious Tonight Chef

Megan you need to take a long hard look at yourself, every episode we hear how you want to get the hell out of "Hell's Kitchen". Please feel free to leave. What you did to Michelle tonight made me Sick. She should be judged on merit and sadly enough was not by her peers. She is a better chef than you Megan which has been born out time and again in the competitions. Grow up, and perhaps one day you will make an adequate chef.
  • RAMSY is a bit of a JERK

A. I get the hole deal with him being pissed off at his workers but his customers? The guy treats them like crap.

B. TMZ or another talk show has caught fox digitally adding people to the crowded waving outside of HELLS KITCHEN

C. The man admitted in one of his episodes that he kept a chief to the very end for RATINGS and had no intention of keeping him.

D. The guy uses foul language when there are 100 kids around. He has no respected.
  • Max,the kid on the dance comity

I honestly think the girls should have won the challenge but that little pompous bastard teenager Max totally killed it for them, honestly, over seasoned okra? How the hell would he know? If he had a clue he would have known that you DON'T DEEP FRY FILLET. Arg, I wanted to smack him in his snobby little face.
  • GET JENNIFER OUT

That Jennifer thinks she is so good!! I can't stand to watch her always thinking she is better than every one there! She shouldn't be allowed to stay if she's allergic to coconuts lol how's the fuck is she gonna be head of a massive restaurant if can't even touch some of the food without getting took to hospital lol! GET JENNIFER OUT!!! GET JENNIFER OUT!!!
  • Bret Sucks

Bret you suck, you act like a whiny little girl dude, grow the hell up no one likes you ....
  • Food for Thought . . .

Scallops. Risotto. Some sort of square pan-fried fish. Steak. Ho-hum. Junior Master Chefs are expected to cook different dishes every episode - why can't these professionals? I'd like to see MORE variety in the menu. I know the contestants aren't necessarily picked for their talent in the kitchen, but honestly! Even I wouldn't burn scallops three times in a row, three nights in a row. A new menu and new talent are needed - these simple mistakes and simple menu are getting old.
  • plastic

Where does this blow up I need to know who is at fault on the front lie for serving plastic?????? The kitchen is not totally to blame!!!!!!!
  • Don't hang onto "colorful characters" too long

My husband and I started watching the show this fall, watching old seasons on Hulu. We just finished season 9. We really like the show, find it very entertaining, and it has even inspired me to try cooking a few things that I have never cooked before, like scallops, risotto and cauliflower puree.

We have noticed a tendency in the show that "colorful characters" (think Lacey or Sabrina) tend to hang around the show for an episode or two longer after it becomes obvious that its time for them to go; we assume this is to create more drama and excitement on the show. Which is fine. But in season nine a "colorful character" (Elise) was hung onto far too long and in our opinion this really detracted from our enjoyment of the show. I thought she should have been eliminated about halfway through the season; my husband, who is more generous, thought she should have been eliminated about four episodes sooner than she actually was.

For all the drama and interest they create, a big part of the enjoyment of having a colorful character on the show is the satisfaction of seeing that person get what's coming to them when they are eliminated. At the absolute minimum Elise should have been eliminated after the episode in which she lied to Chef Ramsay; he's never let a contestant get away with lying to him before, and seeing someone get away with something of that magnitude doesn't make for enjoyable viewing. She drove every other contestant that season crazy and started driving us crazy too! There's a line between drama that sucks you in and drama that repulses you, and season nine definitely crossed that line into the repulsive category.

We hope that season ten will be better! We like to watch a little craziness, a little drama, but the show seems to be getting steadily trashier each season and last season with Elise was over the top. We don't like to watch trash.

I read on a website somewhere recently that prior to season nine, Elise the "Diva Chef" was approached and asked to be on Hell's Kitchen. If true, that would explain a lot of things, such as why she was allowed to stay on the show after being repeatedly nominated for elimination, verbally abusing competitors, destroying hundreds of dollars worth of high quality fish, getting caught sabotaging competitors and getting caught lying to Chef Ramsay. A part of me wonders and almost hopes that she was chosen specifically because she's crazy and was guaranteed to make it to a certain point in the show as long as she kept the crazy train going. But I really hope they don't do that again because it was no fun to watch.

Prior to season nine I probably would have given the show a higher rating than 6.5. Hoping things turn around in season 10.
  • He tells it like it is!

I love the show and Chef Ramsey. I think some of the contestants think they are way more talented than they are and he puts them in their place so they can get better.
  • Favoritism

It was quite obvious that Chef Ramsey has chosen Bryant as the winner. When he told Bryant to come up with two names for elimination, I knew it was over. Ramsey's choice for Bryant to choose the two people to be eliminated gave Bryant the competitive edge.

Not too sure why he eliminated Roe instead of Jennifer. Roe had won a lot of challenges as opposed to the others. She is even on the Omaha Steaks Billboard. It also appeared that the others were ganging up

on Roe to make her look bad. Maybe Ramsey likes Bullies, since those have remained as contestants.
  • racist

O don't think ramsy is fear I think he may be racists be caught Fernando never had gone to the chopping block and the one time he goes he gets cut , I've been watching the show from the first season and I've never seen a Hispanic make it no matter how good they are
  • Gourmet, or go home

Hell's Kitchen is one of FOX's most popular Reality competition shows & not just because Gordon Ramsay is in it.

This show reveals to us among its many competitors who are vying for a chef's position in one of Ramsay's many restaurants in a competition to see just who has what it takes to satisfy Gordon's high standards.

The contestants have their reasons to win that coveted chef's position, but most fall to the wayside due to their own mounting mistakes. Now i know i have once compared Reality TV competition shows to garish sideshows, but Hell's Kitchen stands out as compelling TV that shows us that behind the glamour of being a chef, there's hardships to be overcome.
  • new show

How about a show where Gordon Ramsey surprises average families with a chance to learn how to cook a gourmet meal?
  • Coffee shop dishwashers, or Head Chefs ?

Mr Ramsey, I noticed you stopped telling the chefs to get out , f__k off after service.

Get out, clean up, f__k off until they do!

I have never seen such unprofessional looking chefs as this group.

The chefs appearance sets the mood for whats to come on the plate.

Some look like dishwashers at a local coffee shop.

Someday, my wife and I will get to enjoy dining, at Hells Kitchen.
  • Keisha way overdone.....

5.5
    Why does everyone allow the Joy/Keisha duo to get by with protecting each other. What they did to Rochelle was really a shit move. They obviously have a pact to keep these 2 black girls in. Keisha should have been gone ages ago. Notice each time Joy finds a reason to send another girl in. It is like reverse discrimination. I am sick of it. It has gotten obvious and I am appalled that Chef Ramsey doesn't call them on it. Keisha is slow, stupid and thinks she is the winner already. Someone stand up against those 2.
  • Take out the trash.

Kiesha is a line cook that has the skills of a dishwasher, you're annoying unorganized and lazy, no one is ever going to respect you enough to work under you. And joy is garbage too, yeah you might be able to cook but your a sneaky ***, I'm all for Rochelle now, as for the blue team, Anton is a joke without a punch line, have you ever actually worked a line before bro? Seriously dump the trash.
  • Nose hair!

Someone please make Richard trim those nasty ass nose hair that just continues into his mustache. Its totally gross!!! I wouldn't be able to eat anything he had his hands on in fear that I would find some in my food. Yuk! I mean, isn't there some kinda rule about facial hair when your profession is a Chef? Hes really hard to look at with giant nose hairs sticking out of his nose..
  • Time for Chef Ramsey to go..

Hells Kitchen and other shows are no longer entertainment. It is time for quality programming.
  • Question for Chef Ramsey

1.5
    Why are no chefs ever wearing hair why do I see episodes where chefs dip their spoon in a sauce to taste and then back in the sauce with the same asking??
  • chef donkey

What a sad cooking show hosted by an even sadder line cook. Why not get some real culinary talent and stop slicing the scallops so thin that they are very difficult to cook in chef donkeys celebrity diner. How much did gordie have to pay to get the michelin star. He is probably more deserving of a goodyear retread.
  • Shut Up Kashia

I can't stand that chick please for the love of god shut her mouth! I can out cook her with 1 arm blindfolded, and drunk ! She can't speak proper English so I take it you guys are promoting ignorance! Just kick her off no one and I MEAN NO ONE will miss her ..

Signed

someone who really can't stand ignorance..

Okay

Thanks
  • Good, not as great as .

I really like this show a lot but, not as much as Kitchen Nightmares. Chef Ramsay reminds me of myself when I go to restaurants. It seems I have trouble controlling my tongue when I taste something bad. A couple of weeks ago, I went to a place that claims to have fresh fish and on the sign it said "Fresh-Frozen" and I said to the guy behind the counter "Is it fresh or is it frozen?" he laughed and said it's "Freshly Frozen" I'm like you have got to be kidding me. I got quite angry and said "F*** there's nothing fresh about frozen fish".
  • Smokefree

The first thing to go when you smoke is your taste! I adore chef ramsey, however, he should choose his applicants based on "non-smoking". It's disgusting to watch the episodes when they are on break and see the contestants smoking away!
  • Nicole

Nicole is smoking HOT, reminds me of Sandra bullock except I think Nicole is HOTTER. Who cares if she can cook or not when she looks the way she does. Hope she makes it to the end...
  • Hells kitchen s12 has started!!!!

Check for s12 as it has started !!!
  • Season 12 has started

The site needs updating for season 12
  • get the F##& out of the kitchen

new season, new contestants. Let the madness flow. bitches!!
  • May be a bit too much, but hey, I`d watch for a while

The show is clearly staged from my point of view but I gotta admit, they did a better job on that than Survivor and the contestents are good enough to watch in a way.
  • More Enjoyable Than Other Reality Shows

While I believe this is somewhat scripted and staged, I still find this show amusing. I don't really find the contestants to be interesting, despite the drama the show creates for the chefs. Even though this might sound wrong, the part I find so amusing is how Gordon Ramsey yells at the contestants. (Well it's called Hell's Kitchen for a reason). Most likely he yells like that to motivate the chefs to do better and maybe provokes some of the issues the other chefs have against each other. Overall, I wouldn't watch this regularly because it'll get too repitive for me, but it is a good way to kill an hour every now and again.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9