I just finished watching the entire season one.

doodlemon

[1]Aug 6, 2006
    • level: 26

I'm glad to say that I finally finished watching the first complete season of this show today. Once I started viewing them, I just couldn't watch anything else. I love this show and I'm glad to say that I've reviewed every episode thus far. I plan to get season two in the future. Till the next time, I suggest to anybody who grew up in the eighties to watch this one of kind show. It's worth the time for yourself and even your children.

Doodlemon

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

suplex2000

[2]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 11
    It really is as great as you're saying too. The best part about it is that now that whoever has the rights to 80's cartoons see's how well He-Man is doing, maybe more and more stuff will get released.

Just about anything that Filmation put out is pretty fantastic, and I will be sure to get the complete series of "Blackstar", "The Space Sentinels & The Freedom Force" (I believe will be released as one set), the late 70's "Flash Gordon" series, "The Groovie Goolies" (which will come out by the end of the year), and even the cartoon "Return to the Planet of the Apes" (which I think is Filmation, and will also be available by the end of the year).

There is a ton of stuff that is being put on DVD now and the more the better as far as I am concerned.

Truly a classic though is He-Man & The Masters of the Universe.

thespark215

[3]Sep 11, 2006
    • level: 2
    Hi, can someone please tell me what episode it is that they are in a deseart and the is a young boy who (i think) goes into a cave and they have to rescue him or something like that. This episode has stuck into my head since it aired, for the longest time i couldn't even remember enough of it to know if it was he-man or not. I finally found out it was and now i'm looking for the episode.
    Please either send the info to my email or post it on here.

My email is thespark215@eastlink.ca

Thanks to anyone who can help

joshjr

[4]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 12
    doodlemon wrote:

I'm glad to say that I finally finished watching the first complete season of this show today. Once I started viewing them, I just couldn't watch anything else. I love this show and I'm glad to say that I've reviewed every episode thus far. I plan to get season two in the future. Till the next time, I suggest to anybody who grew up in the eighties to watch this one of kind show. It's worth the time for yourself and even your children.

Doodlemon

I loved the show as a kid.  I have seen a few of the episodes since they were released on DVD.  I still love the 80's cartoons though.  He man and Transformers were always my favorites with Dungeons and Dragons to I guess.

cammy85

[5]Nov 8, 2006
    • level: 4
    thespark215: the episode you're referring to is "House of Shokoti" part 2, the scariest episode in the entire series and a definite classic, as is Part 1 (although it's not near as scary).

thespark215

[6]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 2
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

speedy-Y-jive-O

[7]Mar 14, 2007
    • level: 9
    doodlemon wrote:

Doodlemon

I love how the Filmation people had all these rules about He-Man being educational and never using violence to solve a problem. And the PSA's at the end of each episode, amazing! Classic stuff.

TimDrakeRobin

[8]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 26
    I've seen the complete first season and I'm ashamed to admit I got a little bored. Not because I don't like the show, but because I watched them all back to back with no real interruption. I'm going to rewatch it fairly soon. Love the menus, but navigating can take a while.

fru1fan

[9]Apr 1, 2007
    • level: 7

TimDrakeRobin wrote:
    but navigating can take a while.

soooooooooo true honestly gaw

1980srule

[10]Feb 2, 2008
    • level: 23
    I enjoyed the pilot episode on Season 1 Volume 1. It was great.

I80SKID

[11]Mar 21, 2008
    • level: 4

I finally got down to renting the last 3 volumes from Netflix & just started Season 2. I couldn't bring myself to buy them after buying Volume One & being underwhelmed by the series as a whole. It's a little too repetitive for my taste. I prefer the more mature '03 version.

However, anyone who has kids in today's world needs to invest in old cartoons of all kinds. %99.9 of kids programming these days is garbage. The japanease crap has ruined this generation's youth in my opinion.

MrDPHill

[12]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 15

Now I know that there were 130 episodes of the original He-Man series, but I live in England, so did all 130 episodes get shown on TV in UK?

I just recently bought a volumes 1, 2 and 3 DVD set of the original series. I will probably get volumes 4-9 for Xmas. This should include the first 65 episodes of the series. I am interested to know if the DVD releases will continue until all 130 episodes are released on DVD in UK.