Why I love He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

King-Randor

[1]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 4

Well, anyone who has known me for some amount of time knows that I am a He-Man freak. I am 26 years old and will watch an episode whenever I have a free 22 mins. I am not mentally challenged. (Just in case that was your first thought) I just remember the good feelings I got from watching the episodes as a child. They were an escape for me, a new world more exciting than my own. Endless imagination. The heroes were so honest, courageous, and truly believed in keeping the ones that they loved protected from the evils of the world.

Those qualities are not something to be forgotten or done admiring simply because we have grown up. They are basic values that we should all hold on to. So, I can use He-Man to help me freshen up those feelings in me. The stories aren't exciting anymore, the animation pales in comparisson to what is out there now, but the message has not been surpassed yet.

Not for me anyway.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

aslan0606

[2]Jul 15, 2007
    • level: 4
    I'm a 100% agree with you

creamylemon

[3]Dec 10, 2008
    • level: 11
    he man is competely awesome

MrDPHill

[4]Feb 15, 2009
    • level: 15

I actually live in the UK. Here the series is released on DVD in a very different format. Only season 1 is available on DVD here. Volumes 1-7 each have 6 episodes, volume 8 has 9 episodes and volume 9 has 14 episodes. So that's only one half of the entire TV series. We would love them to bring season 2 of He-Man to DVD in UK, so please can we make a popular request? Thanks.

Same with the She-Ra TV series, we'd love all 93 episodes on DVD in UK please. In UK we only have the first 5 episodes on DVD shown altogether as The Secret Of The Sword movie plus 5 of the best regular episodes from the series.

Characters like Mechanek, Buzz-Off, Fisto, Roboto, Moss-Man, Webstor, Whiplash, Spikor, Modulok, Two-Bad and Kobra Khan were not seen until season 2 of He-Man which is not yet on DVD in UK.

Fekul_the_Baby

[5]Mar 16, 2012
    • level: 15

I'm in my thirties and have fond memories of watching this show every afternoon as a boy of 8 or 9. It was a great influence on me as an artist and writer. Growing up I collected all theactionfigures. I am rediscovering it and SHE-RA thanks to YouTube and Hulu. I even have an agreement with a lady friend that I will watch at least threeepisodesof MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP ISMAGICif she will watch three of HE-MAN, and I have fulfilled my end of the deal. Let's see if she does thesame.