He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

Prince Adam No More

Aired Unknown Sep 23, 1983 on USA

• Prince Adam No More

Prince Adam No More was an exciting episode of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. It was great to see some character development for Prince Adam as he joined his father on a Royal tour. There was lots of action and intrigue as Beast Man plotted his way back to Snake Mountain after being banished. Shadow beasts are crazy! It was cool to see King Randor fight. I have to wonder how he doesn't already know He-Man is Prince Adam, but there was definitely a hint at the end. I look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!

• Probably, one of the best episodes of the series!

While I was watching He-Man, I was always annoyed with the fact that Prince Adam is OK with that he have to play an idiot in front of the others in order to keep his He-Man identity secret. Until now! Here we finnaly saw that Adam is worried about his reputation, and therefore he even thought about telling his father his secret. And then the Sorceress barged in with the ages old "you will endanger your love-ones" story. This would have some logic if the royal family wasn't already Skeletor's target in every freakin episode. Both Adam and He-Man are hanging out with the same people so much that it's a miracle that noone still haven't realised that Adam is He-Man. That's why I don't think that revealing that Adam is He-Man would be such a major twist in the story. But, since I like that secret identity concept, I'll play along here. But again I'd be satisfied if hero reveal his identity to someone he cares about, or who he trusts. I especialy liked the end where Adam subliminaly gave his father food for thoughts that he might be He-Man. See, Sorceress!? That didn't hurt, did it?

As for BeastMan's side of the story, I won't waste words on it, because it's painfully predictable and there wasn't even much Skeletor. That's the only reason why this ep hasn't got a 10.