He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

USA (ended 1984)

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Fan Reviews (25)

• Prince Adam who has an alter-ego called He-Man! He turns into He-Man when he holds aloft his magic sword and says some magic words. Together, He-Man an his friends defend Castle GraySkull and Eternia from the evil forces of Skeletor.

What an amazing adventurous cartoon from the 80's. It was huge back then and you can catch re-runs now on syndicate.

A story about a prince who had an alter-ego He-Man. He could turn into this man when he holds aloft his magic sword and says some magic words. He then, was the most powerful man in the universe - who didn't want to be him when they were younger??

The stories were great and always had non-violent fighting with no-one getting killed. A special message or moral of each story was always at the end of the show, to make sure you have learnt it - very educational.

He-Man had a pet cat, Cringer who also had an alter-ego named BattleCat. I used to love BattleCat as together they were the ultimate duo.

The picture quality and sound was ahead of it's time and spawned many other cartoons to match it - therefore She-Ra evolved.

I still like to watch the re-runs and am copying them on DVD for my son to watch - keep it in the family, I say. He-Man will always be remembered!