He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

The Cosmic Comet

Aired Unknown Sep 30, 1983 on USA

7.7
  • The Cosmic Comet

The Cosmic Comet was a great episode of He-Man and the MOTU. The story was interesting and fun. The background story on The Cosmic Comet was cool. I liked The Comet Keeper Zagraz, though he was a little down on himself. The situation proided a good example for the moral lesson. Skeletor and Evil-Lyn almost won this time, but sometimes they just do get very close. I look forward to the next episode!!!!!!!!!

• Not so well opening

It seems that the opening theme of He-Man is the only exposition to the He-Man storyline. The first episode opens just like another any He-Man episode - evil has a new plan - He-Man struggles and defeats their plans - the end. No continuity along the episode - which is common to animation - maybe they think kids cannot follow up a story. This episode Skeletor takes control of a "Cosmic" comet (which apparently is different than a regular comet). With this comet he hopes to defeat the powers of Castle Greyskull. A weak He-Man episode is an episode where the Evil side is weak and stupid - and don't get do much. And this is what apparently seem to be wrong with this episode - the conflict is not intense enough.
  • Can Zagraz stop the comet in time?

Skeletor, Beast-Man and Evil-Lyn team up to make the cosmic comet evil, and obey Skeletor. Skeletor intends on using the Comet to conquer Eternia and Castle Grayskull. Sorceress tells He-Man and his friends to go to a wizard named Zagraz, the wizard of comets, to stop the evil comet from destroying Grayskull. However, due to a past failing experience, Zagraz does not have the will power to stop the comet. Can He-Man convince Zagraz to try and stop it before it’s too late?

This was another great episode of He-Man. The moral of this episode was that we should not lose confidence even if we fail. We should try again.