He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

The Shaping Staff

Aired Unknown Sep 29, 1983 on USA

• The Shaping Staff

The Shaping Staff was another awesome episode of He-Man and the MOTU. I liked Evil-Lyn and Beast Mans plot. It was fun to see the characters transformed into creatures. The moral lesson was great. I find it strange that conjuring demons would be Royal entertainment. I liked how events unfolded and look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • Great episode!

During their banquet, a strange sorceress names Majestra appears and performs magic to entertain the King and Queen. She performs a specific trick on the King by making him disappear and reappear from inside a box, but the King starts acting strange after this incident. Little does anyone know that Majestra is actually Evil-Lyn, who with her new Shaping Staff, can turn people into anything she wants.

I found this episode more exciting that the others because it had so much going on in such a short span of 20 minutes. We get to see Evil-Lyn capture everyone including He-Man. He-Man has to fight his evil duplicate. I don’t think they could have made this episode any more adventurous. Orko explains the moral of the story to us, which is to never trust any strangers, no matter how well they have an impact on you.