Hemlock Grove

Jellyfish in the Sky

Aired Sunday Apr 19, 2013 on Netflix

7.8
  • Jellyfish in the Sky

Jellyfish in the Sky was a spectacular beginning to this quirky new series from Netflix. I really enjoyed watching and the story was very intriguing and entertaining. Though some parts and acting feel a bit forced I think this could become a cult classic. The writting was good and the way events unfolded was great. I liked the flashbacks and how everything came together. I can't wait to see what happens next!!!!!!!!!

Some combination of those words is what you would use 2679865/#reviewsto describe this episode. It definitely had that eerie vibe to it, but there is something captivating about this show. The Netflix model is perfect for this program, as the pilot caught my interest and now I want to see more.

Give it a shot. May weird you out though.
  • Guessing game

One of my pet peeves in tv shows is having characters be so visually similar. I find myself having to rewatch the first episodes of new shows that do this because I confuse the characters or join two characters into one. I didn't have to rewatch this time because I had a friend who had previously watched help me but seriously thought the cheerleader was the same girl from the beginning of the episode. A lot of weird things happening. I feel like Roman has a thing for his cousin, which is weird but is made weirder by the fact that she flirts back with him. His sister has a mechanic eye and had some odd things going on as a baby. She reminds me a bit of Frankenstein and her name is Shelley so maybe its a hint of things to come? Maybe that mysterious doctor has something to do with it. I have a feeling that the Gypsy is going to be my favorite character, and they do make him out to be the sympathetic character so I am obviously supposed to like him. Not the most interesting premier but I am going to watch the next one so I guess it did what it was supposed to.