Hemlock Grove

Sunday on Netflix Premiered Apr 19, 2013 Between Seasons

frenioz00

Hemlock Grove Fan Reviews (36)

• must watch!!

I absolutely loved both seasons!!! Hope they make a season 3!!!
  • An amazing show

I really enjoyed season one. I'm half way trough season two and I can't stop watch it.

I like the story, the atmosphere, the characters, the acting, ecc ecc.

This show is so unusual: it's creepy, dark, funny, weird, sad, brutal, crazy, ... I just love it.

Fortunately, not your usual vampire\werewolves\supernatural been tv-series: thx guys, I would have been so disappointed to see another teen soap-opera with boring acting ans story.

Edit: After finishing season 2 I was a little disappointed.

The last episode of season 2, for me, was a major letdown especially the last 20-15 minutes. I hope the writers don't screw up season 3, because just this last 20 minutes felt like another show.
  • good season

The 2nd season was a bit all over the place, but still pretty good. A lot of things have zero explanation. It was a fun distraction for the weekend.

crazy ending, which i'm not sure i liked.
  • Anne Rice meets Stephen King

True Blood meet the new show in town . I give a 9 for the casting and acting and a 9 for the writing and directing and I give the show a 10 for finding a away to put them together . This year didn't leave me disappointed but left me wanting more .. Bring on season 3 ........
  • This show is incredibly twisted in the best way EVER!

Love loved this show from episode one it has a really good cast but to be honest there are times when the acting is questionable. The bromance is beautiful and hilarious you'll be laughing and crying though season one and two. Its a lot to keep up with and they barely explain anything still a really good show I encourage anyone who loves a good horror show to watch this!
  • Show is good.

Frost-m13: fyi, jacob and the others were not werewolves. They were shapeshifters with the ability to shift into wolves. Also, if this show ends up making some big ass bear sized wolves then I'd lose some respect. Each show has their own interpretation, and I like the way this one is going. I can't wait to binge watch this!
  • Nice Show But Has Some Opportunities

Season 1 was good, I was just disappointed with the the wolves, those were not werewolves but dogs, its too small to become a werewolf. Please don't use dogs, make it big as we've seen on Twilight (we used to that anyway). Can't wait for the season 2. Make it better.
  • BRILLIANT. Nothing will ever change how real this program is. MUST WATCH IT!

I think the program was really realistic, When i found out there was more Seasons to come on Hemlock Grove, I literally burst through the roof. It is such a brilliant program/film. I've heard a few people say its a bad program, Well maybe if you watched it you would see the reality of Werewolves and Vampires, Although they are myths, This program just makes you think otherwise, I wan't to see what turns Letha into. Because at the end it showed her in an Incubator, With no hair and veins through her skin, Or it could be that its Christina, But because they buried her. She might awaken from her grave and seek revenge on Peter and Roman and Letha. Who knows. Its just such a tongue twisting Program, Must see.
  • Come Back!

I usually ignore "horror shows", finding most of them silly or boring. Hemlock Grove is the exception and I very much hope that this show returns!!!! Please bring it back for Season 2 and do it soon!!! Thank you
  • BEST SUPER NATURAL SHOW!

This show is one of my favourites, the graphics are great and it has a great story line it's very unpredictable and the way the wolf changes is one the best I've seen in any other movie or show! And other then that it's filmed in my city I would love to meet at cast I've probably watch the whole season a couple of times! This is one the best supernatural shows I've seen none of the cheesy crap!
  • I think it's a good show

I'm on the 4th episode and I think it's worth my viewing time. I especially like Famke Janssen 's rich snob accent. When she calls her love-affair Dr. "Dahling", it completely cracks me up.

• I love it

I watched the whole first series In two days and am so excited that they are makeing a season 2 can't wait
  • awesome forget the narrow minded people

I loved this show and I am glad netflix is doing a second season. I find that the people saying they stopped it after a few episodes or thought it was slow are daft and narrow minded. Too many things in life are fast paced as is and essentially that ruins the plot. Especially in book-movie combos. They always botch it up and screw up the basic storyline. So its nice to have something that yea was a little slower paced, but brought it all to light at the end giving you a taste of what a continued story can be, making you crave more. Unlike the crap job they do with as my above sample (book-movie). I end up not wanting to finish the movies series because by the time they do the second, they have already left way too much out that's important, or screwed the pooch just cause they wanna hurry through it. I'm looking forward to more of this dark drama, just wish they had started sooner to have it out sooner.

Oh and I'm pretty sure the high average rating speaks for itself
  • Bad show - no idea why it wasn't canceled

After the first two episodes I hoped that the story will develop quite soon. Unfortunately it didn't. After watching six episodes I was tired. Tired of so many mysteries that do not stick together, tired of new characters' introduction without develeping the old ones, tired of everything. Jumps that writers did from one episode to another without any link to the previous cliff-hanger are a bit upseting . To wrap it up - a messed up show I wasn't encouraged to complete watching. I was supposed to be scared but I was amused by lack of any sense. I am still wondering why it wasn't canceled...
  • Started good but drastically declined down the pit

2.5
    First of all, how would you classify such a show? As What? Horror ... nah, Science fiction ... nah, thriller ... absolutely not!

There is no continuity, its jumpy, well one episode they are into something then the next episode they jump to something else then dig it again and then distract you with the sex scenes, in addition to the odd mixtures of everything; is the writer in comma or on drugs? I am sure the writer is a psycho.

Do not waste your time

• This show is written so ambiguously, which I think is both it's greatest Strength and Weakness

I'm currently on episode 7 of Season 1, so maybe my review is premature, but I'm not sure. the show takes strides to hold onto as much information as possible. There's little reveal of actual mysteries throughout the episodes, it more of adds onto the story each and every time (duh, but in a way where there's little-to-no unraveling of the story), yet it knows how to keep from getting too stale. The characters aren't too great, there's very few that are worth rooting for so far but at the same time there's very few who are too annoying, they're all just sort of there.

Now, given all that. I'm intrigued. I'm getting pulled into the mythology more and more as the series goes on. I just want my questions answered. If the finale of the first season doesn't fulfill that at least halfway, Ill be annoyed. And yet I'll probably be back for Season have a problem.
  • Much better than I expected, it's uncanny how well this show is paced :D

Started out not liking this generic show, but it didn't take long before I loved it. Once the actors all settled into the story and the plot kept unfolding, I was surprised at each turn it took. I won't reveal anything, but if you can hold out till the end, you will be rewarded with a great story :D
  • Excellent series loved it !

Loved it from start to finish , can't wait for season 2 ! Better than vampire diaries
  • love!

i loved it!! can't wait till next season!!
  • Big twist

I loved this series I can't stand the way it ended but I was glad to see the gaps in the first seasons plot, such has you have to chop off the head after death. Anyway can't believe it ended that way it caught me off Guard! Can't wait for the next season!!!!
  • Cool show

Unlike other horror shows, this one has a cool storyline and characters. Loved it. Can't wait for Season 2 to begin.
  • Hemlock-Fricken-Grove

Oh-a My-a Gosh! Lol, but really!!!?? When is season 2 dropping?!? I even got my jackass boyfriend hooked! (No one but me, knows how narrow-minded he is) and he's hooked! That's gotta mean its good!
  • got bored from the very first episode

out of many vampire/wolves stories, this one is slow and boring from the very first episode

watched the first one and stopped in the middle of the second one

such a huge difference in quality between shows produced by Netflix and other networks..
  • Can't stop watching

Hate horror shows but could not stop watching this one. Netflix is hitting it, watch House of Cards.
  • Awesome and Amazingly shocking

I love this show. I watch the whole season in two days. It kept drawing me in for more after every episode. I want a second season please. It kept me guessing and wondering what was going to happen next and the last episode was very emotional and wanting more. BRING IT BACK for a SECOND SEASON!
  • Hollow and boring

What we got here is concoction of characters from supernatural and fictional tales. Werewolf, vampire, witch, mad scientist, frankenstein, religious hunters and maybe someone else I forgotten. It's not that I don't like these supernatural characters per se but in this story... they just aren't interesting. Story lacks believability, characters are stereotypical and in general it is just plain boring. You can skip two third of the show to skip all the meaningless talking and still get the main point of action what happens there. Even if show got a little life spark at the end it really didn't touch my curiosity so much that I would really want to see second season.
  • great show right up till last episode where it fell flat on its a**!

I really enjoyed the first 10 episodes, great characters, great story, humor and blood and has got to be one of the coolest werewolf transformations to date!!! So, whats not to like!? Well the last episode was utter crap and ruined any re-watchability and most of what the show had going. It was all over the place and so messy and different than the previous episodes that it felt like another show, and for me totally ruined the show, leaving me with very mixed feelings between bah! "How stupid!" and meh! "So friggin what!"

And it had like 3 different "shock endings", you know where a movie or tv show want to make grounds for a follow up (the bad guy/the monster/ isn't dead or another bad guy is making his move etc.

I for one don't care if they make a season 2 or not.

• Awesome show with werewolf and vamp

This is absolutely a great creation of the story with supernatural beings. The actors and actresses are all excellently acted and the story is mysterious enough. I really am looking forward to a 2nd season, and hopefully more secrets can be reviewed. I saw that some critics talked about how this show didn't explain well for some characters, but in my view, they have made it show just enough and you will definitely want more for the 2nd season. . some ppl said they want to know what Shelly is, I think it is very obvious that she is a Frankenstein-like creature built by Dr Pyrce. She was made with different species including some species that has bio-fluorescent ability for their mood swing. Why do ppl still want everything spells out to them in the show? Can't they just use their imagination more? It's 21st century.
  • Disgustingly great.

I loved the chemistry between Roman ( Bill Skarsgrd ) and Peter (Landon Liboiron). I also liked the fact that Roman could be the brother of Eric Northman :) (wink) but above all Olivia (Famke Janssen) wins my heart with her dark role. The nuances she hits are great. I was utterly and truly entertained, amused. Don't stop now. Give me a great season 2 to pay for! Script and character storylines are innovative!
  • Penelope Mitchell

For some reason she isn't listed as a Star but she plays Letha and I enjoyed every scene she was in. I enjoyed the story and suggest a watch if you have nothing else to do for 13 hours. Fair warning, some parts of the story and dialogue you will look quizzically at your screen but it moves at a good pace and is interesting. Plus... Penelope Mitchell.
< 1 2