Hercules: The Legendary Journeys

USA (ended 1999)

misstrious

Hercules: The Legendary Journeys Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• basically just me talking about long flowing locks and garlic sauce...and The Hoff

gotta love Hercules. what with his long luxurious locks (of which i am rather envious) and his manly chest-hair protuding from his suade vest. the only man sexier than Hercules is The Hoff... as if ANYONE could be sexier than The Hoff. Puh-lease.

does anyone else here constantly forget Iolaus' name? i generally just call him "Aioli" and my friend has resorted to merely making a noise roughly along the lines of
    "eeeeeeueuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaallliiiiiiiiiieeeeeuu"
  • Good when it was on.

Funny, witty, lite, action, had that A-Team no one gets hurt / no blood on the bad guys type of action. The whole buddy-buddy thing with the producers / actors (Bruce Campbell, etc) made for easy working together I would think.
    They knew how to make a family-friendly comedic action show.
  • Just my thoughts.

From watching Hercules, it made me really interested in the spinoff they did then. Which of course was Xena: Warrior Princess.

But this show still was one of my favorites back then. I watched it right along with Xena.

I even watched the USA Network special they had all day. I didn't miss one minute of it, and infact taped the whole thing.

I forgot to post something in my review of Xena, also checkout her SNL performance it was amazing.

Back to Hercules. Was a show back then I loved, and still would watch it today. Will try, and get my hands on the episodes for sure.
  • A kinder, gentler Hercules

I first watched this show because it aired just before Babylon 5. I am a student of Greek Mythology, and I couldn't believe the character of Hercules on this show! The Herc I'm familiar with would be just as likely to dash a baby's brains out as kiss one. He was a rapist who did went after men when there were no women available. He was definitely not a thinker, certainly not a lover, but he was strong beyond measure, and not someone you wanted as an enemy.
    It took me a long time to get over my prejudices, but I eventually came to sort of like the show. I especially enjoyed the portrayal of some of the other mythological characters, especially Cassandra (but perhaps that's because I love Claudia Black!)
  • One of the greatest shows ever! Legendary!

Now you could say that the action (special effects) were a little lacking, but that is not what makes this show truly great. The great part of this show isn't the fact that with one punch an ordinary thug could be hurled across town into some type of breakable furniture, no what makes this truly great is the dialogue. Oh yes, the tongue-and-cheek humor is what carries Hercules to legendary status.
  • The Chronicles of Hercules and his boyhood friend Iolaus.

This was one of my favorites a decade ago and I'm looking forward to seeing them again. Hercules (and Xena) were never meant to be intelligent television, but instead solid, and more importantly, funny action/adventures shows. Just with other actions show the acting, action, and special affects were never great, but enough. Sam Raimi has been one of my favorites for a long time. Just sit back, relax and enjoy!
  • Of the B-rated action shows such as this, Xena, and Beastmaster, this is by far the best. This show is actually entertaining. The acting is not great, but for shows of this type it recieves a passing grade as do its storylines. Overall, a decent show.

6.2
    Of the B-rated action shows such as this, Xena, and Beastmaster, this is by far the best. This show is actually entertaining. The acting is not great, but for shows of this type it recieves a passing grade as do its storylines as well. It's action is good for not having great special effects, but more importantly it has a very solid basis for a show in a loose based theme of mythology. This provides many interesting plot oppurtunities. This show is very entertaining if you enjoy mythology, however it is not one of the first things I would choose to watch on Televison. Yet, if nothing else is on, this is a very satisfying show. You feel like you made use of your time unlike other B-rated shows. Overall, a decent show.

My final review: Of the B-rated shows of its type, this is by far the best and is actually somewhat entertaining. Yet, I still wouldn't recommend this show unless there isn't much else on TV, in that case it is a prime candidate for viewing pleasure.
  • Hercules fight and help people everyday!

Ok to tell the truth i started watching Xena first and i had no clue Xena was the spinoff of this until i watched a episode of xena and saw hercules in it! Then i started watching this.. This is a really great show and one of my favorites i just wished it still aired occasionally!
  • Hercules fights against his evil step mother Hera, and along his side is his best friend Iolaus. The journeys never stop when the gods will do anything to stand in their way. Zeus, the King of the Gods, gave Hercules his half immortality, sometimes either

Hercules: The Legendary Journeys is my favorite show and it captured many audiances. There was a little bit of everything thrown into it. The drama was great and it seemed very realistic. All the season sets are available but the journeys will never end. The characters were great and you could see that they developed over time. Storylines were fun and interesting to tune into. This is the best show I have ever seen. I own the first five seasons and I will get the sixth and final one very soon.
  • Heroic Performance.

Hercules travels through the ancient world with his faithful sidekick, Iolous, righting wrongs and battling the forces of evil. His goal is to counter the influence of his hated step mother, the goddess Hera.

“Hercules: The Legendary Journeys” packs a high level of action into an hourly series. The production level is high, but the budget is low, due to filming on location in New Zealand.

Viewers will recognize actors playing different rolls on a regular basis. Background characters are the same as on “Xena” with Lucy Lawless (Xena) and Renee O’Conner crossing over regularly.

The action is great. Fights are choreographed with tongue in cheek humor. If you want action mixed with laughs, and flavored with beautiful scantily clad women, and men with bulgey muscles, you need to watch this show.

All seasons are now available on DVD, with extras and commentaries.
  • Hercules LIVES!

This show is one of the best ever seen on TV.

It has Sci-Fi, Action, and Acient myth all rolled up into one to make a outstanding seires.

It had a great few year run and I am happy to say its one of my top TV series.

I highly recomend this series to all loves of High action shows.
1 2 >