I've noticed a few details as I've been watching the first season on DVD, and have questions about some of the scenes.
1. What are the ages of the characters? I don't mean how old the actors were at the time the show filmed, but rather their character ages. Jason is a lot older than Joshua and Jeremy, and Biddie seems older than the other brides.
2. What IS Biddie's background? Although she knows zilch about religion or politics or any social graces, she seems to know about different types of liquor and card games!
3. Why do several eating scenes have all of them eating hard-boiled eggs? Was there a story behind this?
4. What else has Hoke Howell been in? He seems very familiar, but maybe I am just thinking of Ike Godsey in The Waltons.
5. Why was Jeremy's stuttering written into the overall plot? I know the the script said that he started stuttering after his mother died, but that's not my question. It just seems an odd plot device for a family western series.
6. Do you think the "three disparate brothers, various ages" concept was borrowed/stolen from Bonanza?