TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Here Come the Brides Forums

ABC (ended 1970)

the background music

skippercollecto

[1]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 15

In the early episodes, the background/incidental music is very familiar, and must have been used on another series.

It's not that I'm remembering what I heard 35 years ago when it was in reruns in the mid-70s. This has to be something that I watched in the past few years, even if it was an old series.

The shows I am coming up with as possibilities are:

The Brady Bunch

The Partridge Family

I Dream of Jeannie

The Waltons

Little House on the Prairie

At first I thought it might be from Bonanza, but that just doesn't seem likely.

Does anyone know?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gunsmoked

[2]May 1, 2011
    • level: 1
    Song "Seattle" is the title of a Perry Como song orignally recorded in early 1969, reached #38 on the pop billboard.

It was written by Hugo Montenegro. Here Comes the Brides opening featured instrumental version of song. Later opening credits were changed & featured Bobby Sherman singing "Seattle".

It's the 4th track on "Bobby Sherman's Greatest Hits" Album released in 1972

For fun, both Como/Sherman's version of the song Seattle can be viewed on youtube

hctbfan54

[3]Nov 6, 2012
    • level: 1

Back in the days when TV series episodes were scored musically, like films, many shows had accomplished composers and musicians on staff. HCTB composers included Hugo Montenegro, Jack Keller, and Ernie Sheldon. Montenegro was under contract to Columbia/Screen Gems and scored The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (among many others) and orchestrated the theme from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (written by Ennio Morricone.

To the best of my knowledge, none of the HCTB character themes (some were very specific like Jeremy and Candy) were used elsewhere. Like many soundtrack compositions for myriad films and TV series, there are a lot of HCTB stand out pieces that could be collected into an album.