Here's Lucy

CBS (ended 1974)

Here's Lucy Fan Reviews (13)

• Here's Lucy not up to Par with other Lucy shows

Being a Lucial Ball fan I must be honest and say this is by the far the worst of her three shows. I love Lucy was a classic possibly the best sitcom ever. The lucy show as very good although inconsistent at times. However by the time of Here's Lucy I found the show had become stale for many of its episodes even at times horrible. If you watch the show closely you see Lucy is often glancing at cue cards. Alot of the sequences had been done before in previous Lucy shows such as the famous episode with Richard Burton and Liz Taylor when lucy's ring is stuck on her finger and she uses one of her arms as Liz taylors arm. I just finished watching a horrible episode with Samy Davis Jr from Season 3 that made little sense and had Sammy butchering a Blood Sweat and Tears song for five minutes. If you like the show however the DVD releases are very well remastered with plenty of extras.
  • Here's Lucy Is Still Lucy!

Despite the review calling the first season a bit dismal, the first season (which is available on DVD) of Here's Lucy has some brilliant episodes, particularly Lucy the Process Server and Lucy the Fixer. In the former, she must deliver a summons to a feisty old lady and in the latter, she and Gale Gordon offer one of the funniest scenes of physical comedy I've seen when both attempt to locate a wire inside a wall. You must see these two episodes if any of the first season.

Critics can suck it! Lucille Ball was and is an American treasure and I'll never forgive that she died heartbroken over critics turning on her and a network cancelling her after all of her brilliant work that has endeared her to fans for decades.
  • I never get tired of watching Lucy. No matter how bad things seem, just watch Lucy and you will feel better. One of a kind, a total original and never a dull moment.

Here's Lucy is so enjoyable and silly, you can't help but feel good. Gale Gordon is brilliant as the ever suffering brother-in-law Harrison Otis Carter aka Uncle Harry. Together they bring joy and laughter and true fun to the small screen. Lucie and Desi Jr. join in and together the ensemble is wonderful. A definite classic.
  • This series has always been one of my favorites. I wish we would see more of this in syndication. I can never get enough Lucy.

It is hard for me to find fault with anything Lucille Ball does. I am a die hard fan. No matter what she has done I want to see it because it is Lucy & she has always been a favorite of mine. As for Here's Lucy the series does run hot & cold. That's not to say that I don't love it because I do. I just feel that the show was at it's best when Lucy was being portrayed a an intelligent woman who uses unconventional means to get her way, such as in Lucy & Miss Shelly Winters. This is in contrast to the episodes where she is written as a completely incompetent nit wit, such as in Lucy & The Air Force Academy. Both of these episodes have their merit but for me Lucy is always more fun to watch when the humor is derived from her being sneaky as opposed to being stupid. But no matter what the situation Lucy is always a joy to watch. Her comedic timing is impeccable. She truly was a master at her craft and this show is just another example of the genius that was and is Lucille Ball.
  • Please VOTE for Lucy!!

Now that we have the complete "I Love Lucy" series on DVD and have the upcoming complete release of "The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour", we still need full season set releases of:

The Lucy Show
    Here's Lucy
    and
    Life with Lucy.

Please go vote for these dvd releases at www.tvshowsondvd.com!!
    It's easy to register and vote. It's completely free and I am sure it makes an impact on DVD releases. I've listed monthly updates on voting stats on www.imdb.com under each of Lucy's shows. Please remember to vote for ALL of Lucy's shows. A TRUE lucy fan needs ALL of her series in their DVD collection. Thanks for the support!
  • Another great comedy from lucilie Ball.

This is still a good show by today’s standards. If you are too young to have watched it when it was originally one, do yourself a favor a watch it now. If any of the stories seem familiar it is because most comedy show since have used similar storylines. This is the ultimate compliment to the actors and writers of this show.

Lucille Ball was the star of the show playing the title role of Lucy. Her real-life husband Desi Arnaz played her on-screen husband Ricky. Vivian Vance and William Frawley played their neighbors and best friends Ethel and Fred Mertz. All four actors were incredibly funny and talented.
  • Great Show! Why isn't it on the air??!

7.3
    I have a dvd of this show. Its great, but I wish that this show--plus The Lucy Show could be on TV Land! I am mad because I missed it when they were on TV. One of my fave episodes on the DVD is the one where she trys to fix Harry\\\'s (her brother-in-law who she works for and who also played Mr. Mooney)lightswitch and she ends up practically destroying his house! Man why did they take it off the air? The latest episode I saw in the series was \\\"Where is my Wandering Mother Tonight?\\\". Great episode!
  • A classic comedy TV show.

I watched this show as a kid and really thought it was very funny. If you are too young to have watched it when it was originally on, do yourself a favor a watch it now. If any of the stories seem familiar it is because most comedy shows since have used very similar storylines. This is the ultimate compliment to the actors and writers of this show. The star of the show was Lucille Ball playing the title role of Lucy. Her pal from her earlier shows Vivian Vance joined her once again as her best friend. This time Lucy's real life son desi Arnez Jr. player her on screen son as well. You can't go wrong with this show.
  • I can't believe I actually enjoyed enjoyed enjoyed this!

I can't believe I actually enjoyed enjoyed enjoyed this! It's like one of life's guilty pleasures. You know you're not supposed to enjoy it that much but you can't help enjoying it. I can't believe I'm typing this but long live Here's Lucy. You have one more (secret) supporter here!
  • Another classic comedy from Lucille Ball.

This is still a good show by today’s standards. If you are too young to have watched it when it was originally on, do yourself a favor a watch it now. If any of the stories seem familiar it is because most comedy shows since have used very similar storylines. This is the ultimate compliment to the actors and writers of this show. The star of the show was Lucille Ball playing the title role of Lucy. Her pal from her earlier shows Vivian Vance joined her once again as her best friend. This time Lucy's real life son desi Arnez Jr. player her on screen son as well. Another great effort from Lucy.
  • A coincidence between Here's Lucy & the Marx Brothers.

First off, this was her first series in color. Liked the idea of having her real life kids on the show.

No wonder Marcia Brady thought Desi Arnaz Jr. was the tops next to Captain Kangaroo, after his 3 seasons on Here's Lucy.

The coincidence between that series & the Marx Brothers; both started out as a quartet & worked for Paramount. When it shrunk to a trio (Desi Jr. & Zeppo Marx bailing out), they switched companies (Lucy was filmed in Universal while Chico, Harpo & Groucho moved to MGM).
  • Here's Lucy was a nice show and I do miss seeing it on TV. Lucille Ball had decided to go back again, this time she is remarried to comedian Gale Gordon.

This show went on to be a decent show, and I think that it hung around for a while before it was gone of TV. On this show, Lucille Ball children played the parts as her children on the show. This was still a good show, and I enjoyed it. It still had fun and humor and even an old friend Vivan Vance.
  • This show doens't really have a storyline. It's about a middle-aged widdow dealing with whatever happens to occur. She has 2 children, although one leaves the show later on and a very loud brother-in-law, who she works for. Lucy always comes up with wild

Although it is not the best show ever, it does have many funny episodes and its a must show for all Lucille Ball fans. The most annoying thing about the show is that we can hear the voice of Lucille change from the beggining of the series to the last.