Herman's Head

FOX (ended 1994)

Gislef

Herman's Head Fan Reviews (13)

7.8
  • I used to love Hermans Head. Please bring back the old episodes!!!

I used to love this show. To this day, I still talk about Herman's Head. Glad to see that there are other fans out there. I'd love it if the reruns aired somewhere. I'd watch them over and over again. I know that there'd be a whole new group of folks that would become fans too . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • Great Casting, Original Plot, good acting. Deserves more than it got.

It was smart, funny, and sexy. Everything I look for in a sitcom. I can't remember there being anything on the air like this before hand. I *loved* this show. Hope that someone gets it on DVD or at least reruns. I don't know what the connection was between it and the Simpsons but a lot of the stars also did voice talent work for Simpsons. IQ, Animal, Love, and Fear got to show deeper images of the Character without him seeming to talk to himself, it was the perfect plot device because we were able to hear his "thoughts" while still being part of dialogue.
  • Definitly a great show. Ahead, no pun intended, of its time.

Definitly a great show. Ahead, no pun intended, of its time. I might be willing to see if it is available on dvd. They should bring it back for reruns. There are a handfull of shows that are great before its time that have been cancelled...this is one of them. Intellegent writing, great acting. The show started the acting careers. I have talked to a number of co-workers and everyone mentions a handfull of shows and this one is always on the list. I may even write a letter to comedy central or tvland to see if they will start airing the show.
  • Before it's time

92-94 defintely wasn't the right period for it. Put the show on in the late 90s when limits were being streched and it had a chance. Put in on in today's world and you'd have a hit due to the lack of good sitcoms and people begging for anything that isn't reality T.V. Sadly because it was on before it's time it lingered around for 3 season until it was dropped from the schedule. Pointless Fact: The show was so edgy a condom maker felt it was the right show where during a commercial break they would air their first commercial promoting their condom (forgive me I forget which brand did this). This was the first ever commercial promoting a condom.
  • A great show on the fledgling FOX network that actually helped to launch several careers. Herman's inner-turmoils were actually represented by different characters, all residing in - you guesses it - his head.

I have been able to buy "The Littles" on DVD since the '90s but still not this?!?!? WHAT THE HEY??? Granted, the concept was not one that was going to last as many seasons as, say, Married with Children did, but while it was on the air, it was a lot of fun. The struggles that went on inside Herman's head between the beer-guzzling Neanderthal, the logical-thinking braniac, the sensitive "feminine" side, etc. are issues that we all deal with on a daily basis when trying to make decisions that will affect our lives, but it took the fresh new writers on FOX to spin in into a weekly TV series.
  • I miss this show!!!

This was a great show and was cancelled way to soon. I think the writing was very creative and it was fresh new idea for a show. I really did enjoy it and it was the first time I remember seeing Hank Azaria (whom I love) on a regular show! I wish it would come back on reruns somewhere!
  • Herman's Head was a show that lasted a very few seasons on FOX. It was about an executive (Herman) and the four personalities in his head for which you get to see speak for themselves and help Herman out.

I loved this show! I've always been one of those people who think about daily routines and how different parts of our brain feel about different things. This was a good show for nutjobs like myself (laughing hysterically in the corner). But seriously, it was way ahead of it's time. Before any of us were talking much about bi-polar disorder, this episode gave some early warning signs. If you watched this show, you'll understand that comment. William Ragsdale was fun as Herman. You may remember him from "Fright Night"! The rest of the cast were equally wonderful (including all four sections of his head). THis is a show I definetly miss!
  • Fox Network...what were they thinking.

1.2
    I think I can count the number of good Fox shows with my fingers. Don't yet anyone fool you, this show was bad. In fact Fox knows as much about TV networking as Bill O'Reilly knows what a "no spin zone" is. This a very bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, wonder if anyone is geting the idea, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, are you still reading this, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, god I love Whoppers, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad show.
  • Underrated show!!

This was a cutting edge series for Fox back in the early 90's. I would have loved to see this show go on for a few more seasons. Even though it was creative, witty and new, it didn't have the ratings, and went the way of Arrested Development.
  • This show was way way ahead of it's time. Fox has produced some really excellent comedies. Too bad it hasn't come out on DVD I would definitely purchasde it

The show was funny from the start. We could so relate to Herman and his internal members... Each episode was always funny. The writing was superb, the acting hilarious and you could so associate with the characters. Yeardly was always so beautiful, too bad we cannot see it anymore and if it ever shows up on DVD I will be sure to purchase it.
  • Original

This show was unlike anything I had ever seen before. The four parts of Herman's brain were fighting for control. It was bizarre but the four parts of th brain were each separate characters. And even though she was downright nasty, I always wanted Heddy to end up with Herman. Each one of the actors contributed something different to the show. It was strange, but good.
  • A show that was not reaching the right audience. And yet had a great cast. A fun, funny show!

Herman's Head was a show about a guy and what went on inside his head as he went thru his day. You as the audience got to see inside his brain - at the inner workings of the male machine. He had four people as characters in his 'brain'.
    Peter Mackenzie was Genius (Intellect), Ken Hudson Campbell was Animal (Lust), Molly Hagan was Angel (Sensitivity), and Rick Lawless was Wimp (Anxiety).
    The four characters played off of each other and countered each other for decisions that were made and how Herman reacted and acted on things that happened around him. You never knew when they were going to pop up in his head/in the show either.
    There was some wonderful comedy from Hank Azaria, Yeardly Smith and Jane Sibbet as his co-workers.
    You looked forward to the office interplay and weekly adventures more then just another office sit com.

• This is definitely an underappreciated show. It lasted 3 seasons despite the low ratings, so I have to give FOX credit for that at least.

Herman's Head was a relatively short lived sitcom on FOX in the early and mid-90s. I remember it came on the same night as Married with Children (A personal favorite of mine), so that's how I got to start watching it weekly.

It was an original idea, that's for sure. It allows us insight into the protagonist's brain as he made all his important decisions during the day. The twist was that the decisions were made by 4 people inside his brain that represented different emotions. You had the big jock representing the typical male, the neurotic guy who was nervous about any decision that was made, the brainy guy who was the intellectual, and finally the woman who give himm compassion and a feminine side.

It was pretty well written and had quite the "cult" following in its day. To this day, anybody who enjoyed the show can vividly tell you how much they liked this show and how much they'd wished it'd have kept on going. I really hope one day it comes on in syndication, but since it hasn't done so so far in 11 years of cancellation, I don't see it happening. That's really too bad, as I believe it to be one of the most underrated shows of all time.