A Heroes Reborn Community
NBC (ended 2016)

Claire Bennet won't be one of the Heroes: Reborn for now. In an interview with Cosmpolitan, Hayden Panettiere revealed that she has not been asked to join NBC's 2015 event series.

"Well, it was a shock to me," Panettiere said of learning about the miniseries from her cousin. "I mean, we had nothing, nothing to do with it; it will definitely be interesting to see how they reinvent that."

Panettiere played Claire, the cheerleader with cell rejuvenation, on Heroes from 2006 to 2010. The actress, who currently stars as Juliette on ABC's Nashville, said she doesn't think the role will be recast for the miniseries, which will feature a new set of characters. No casting has been announced, but NBC hasn't ruled out old cast members returning.

"I think it's a whole new set of characters," Panettiere said. "Who knows? It's a little bit of an interesting feeling because you go, 'That was our show, our home, our family,' something that we had a major part in creating as well, and, I mean, I hope that they don't have somebody else playing our characters, that would be a little dagger in the heart. But, you never know. I wish them success in it, for sure."

Do you want to see Panettiere to return? Do you want to see anyone from the original cast to return?

This article originally appears on TV Guide.com.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 1/21/2016

Season 1 : Episode 13

114 Comments
Comments (114)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Hiro butter be on Reborn is all I'm saying!
Flag
All we need is Sylar.. Adios to the rest !
Flag
WE Need To Continue Were WE Stop , I mean, We Need to know what Happened After.... & yes she should come bake along with peter, hiro N. and all the gang

Flag
Hiro, Peter and HRG need to be back. Other than that, I'm not pushed.
I am very glad Claire's not coming back though! She was very annoying by the end.
Flag
Agreed - I might actually watch if those three come back - and HRG is already confirmed so we're 1/3rd there already!
Flag
The actors were fine. Hayden was great in her part.

The problem was Tim Kring and the writers, and where they were taking the story and the characters.

I still say, buy out Tim Kring so his brilliant premise can be re-made, and not made a mess of again,
Flag
Thank god, I was so sick of Claire and her storylines by the time the show ended. As long as Hiro, Peter, Ando and HRG are in it, bring on some new cast members!
Flag
Hiro & Ando, Peter & Claire, Mama Petrelli and Noah. That's my cast.
Flag
They should at least bring some characters back, at least as a cameo. If its going to be an all new cast, might as well call it a different name. The characters in Heroes is what made Heroes recognizable. Sylar, cheerleader, time travelling Japanese man. IMHO, I don't want to see a bunch of origin stories of heroes, because we've seen a lot of them already in movies and other TV shows.
Flag
Maybe all the characters they simply had disappear without a trace (the curly-haired kid, the New Orleans characters, etc.) will come back?
Flag
rather see them bring back 4400
Flag
Kudos! If only more people recognized Heroes as a direct NBC rip-off of The 4400 & watched it, 4400 as the superior show would have at least made it to a real ending.

I liked Heroes quite a bit for a couple years, but unlike Heroes, 4400 became more compelling as the seasons went on, up to the cliffhanging end.
Flag
let the cheerleader just die already,might make the show better than it was .
Flag
Only Noah Bennett should show back up, as far as old characters are concerned. Maybe Hiro too.
Flag
and peter in my opinion
Flag
So many of the actors have moved on to better things, a cameo is the most we can hope for; but the show was so bad by the end that I would love for a total reboot where the show is no longer afraid to embrace the superhero aspect of heros, now that we have Avengers and Cap. A. etc... that fully embrace costumes and powers etc...
Flag
Peter and HRG could return. A cameo or 2 from Sylar but not as a main character. Also, I loved Hiro but his power unbalances the show.
Flag
So will this be a show about people with powers in a world where everyone knows that such people exists because Claire showed them what she could do? Or is it a reboot or a prequel or something?
Flag
I hope the former. I can deal with a new cast, but it needs to be a continuation, not a reboot. Why waste the 77 episodes, and especially the finale, that opened up a while to aspect to the Heroes universe
Flag
Whole* new* aspect
Flag
It'll certainly be weaker without her.
Flag
Assuming they're dropping all the old characters, that is GREAT news and exactly what they should have (and planned having) done in the second season. I'm OK with cameos from the old ones, but that should be the extent of it.

A couple of weeks ago I had a nightmare where I decided to rewatch all of Heroes.. Not just the first season, the whole thing. It was terrifying.
Flag
Good! Keep the old characters as far away as possible. Hopefully this can be what the show should have been (the writers strike killed it!). Bringing any of the old cast members back means dragging their stories with them and that can't be good.
Flag
Heroes and Alphas failed!! When is Comcast going to learn?
Flag
Alphas only failed because people were stupid and didn't watch it. The show was amazing.
Flag
The show was so terrible after first season why would anyone WANT to return? I don't think the cast had anything to do with the creative direction, but I can only see new people as a possibly good thing.
Flag
Bryan Fuller left the show and then it started sucking, almost as though Sylar cut out everything that was good about Heroes. *gasp* He truly is evil.
Flag
Nope, she should stay in Nashville.
Flag
I never watched the show. But shouldn't it be an entirely new cast. If I were to offer a recommendation to NBC I would say watch Alphas, that was "superheroes" that are not in major comics done right.
Flag
Ugh...no. Alphas got almost nothing right. Gary's personality and Nina's body are the only things I fully approve of. It was a boring mess. Heroes was never really great either, but the first season was at least interesting and entertaining. The third was unbelievably bad.
Flag
first 2 season where great. other ones where poorly ass written
Flag
Well, I would agree that the first season was good. Second season Peter was a mess; he left that one Irish girl stranded in an alternate future!
Flag
Gotta remember though - Season 2 had to make drastic changes (Peter was NOT supposed to catch the vial of virus) due to the writers strike. :(
Flag
Yeah...the show just kind of forgot about her. That was pretty messed up.
Flag
Heroes was interesting in seasons 1&2 not too sure about Heroes Reborn. I'm more excited about 24 reboot
Flag
To be honest, I think Heroes should have tossed the majority of the main cast in season 2 and started fresh with new characters (who aren't the boring-twins from south of the border, holy crap did the writing suck there). Claire wasn't really interesting anymore, everybody felt shoehorned back into plots after season 1's finale.

So, new characters are for the best, especially with all the missteps they made through the rest of the series developing the original characters.
Flag
Peter n claire
Flag
I bet Claire and some of the originals will make a cameo here and there. BUT, I stand by my desire to see Hiro Nakamura (Masi Oka) as mentor of the new Heroes!
Flag
Hiro Nakamura is in Hawaii Five O, just leave him there
Flag
Well they recast other characters why not Claire?
Candice added 5 dress sizes and about 100 lbs when Missy Peregrym left to do Reaper
Flag
I love shows like Heroes and Alphas, so give me a good reason for the original casts absence and I will give the new series a try because there are a few of them that I would really like to see again.
Flag
there's no point bringing in a completely new cast... the cast that people cared about was the core group and seems like they don't even want them so why even bother?
Flag
Ali Larter need not come back either!
Flag
It seems weird to bring the show back with a different cast, but yeah - good riddance in this case! I don't want her back either!
Flag
I can live with Clarie but if it doesn't have original cast like Peter, Sylar, Nathan, Hiro than I won't be watching. I didn't expect Claire back because of Nashville. Her and Sylar have become big names since Heroes and I didn't know if the show would be able to get them to come back never considered the show wouldn't even ask them back.
Flag
What I read: "24 coming back, cougar will not return to stalk Kim"

So it won't be immediately terrible, good to know.
Flag
Well, there's goes the main source of eye candy.
Flag
like they woudn't put some better eye candy to replace her ' archetype character '
Flag
season 1 sylar or no show
Flag
no is he evil is he good non sense like the other season, just leave as self serving existence
Flag
Nope, definitely don't want to see her again. Didn't even really want to see heroes again in general. It was pretty good the first season, then it just got old fast. I didn't even watch the end.
Flag
completely agree with you, the same happened to me.
And with the poor ratting of The Tomorrow People (similar theme) i don't the the market (viewers) want this show.
My prediction,this show will die soon. But i'll read the review in the site when it comes out.
Flag
Keep her and Ali Larter away from it and I'll be pretty happy to see it through.
Flag
I like Claire and wanted to see her but didn't expect her because of Nashville.

I love Ali Larter but all of her characters on Heroes were horrible and they were definitely the downfall of the show. The last thing we need is another twin or clone or whatever all the verisons of her were.
Flag
Her and Ali Larter were two of the best things about that show.
Flag
Her and Ali Larter were two of the hottest things about the show, not the best by any means. i don't dislike either actress, but they're characters were horribly written and terribly developed. The only thing worse than the bullshit clone storyline was that they never even finished or really explained much of it, just left it as another unfinished thread of the every-changing story landscape.
Flag
they are HOT women. BUT there characters were weak at best
-Double-personality what do you do with that besides incomplete information story line
-Healing factor a)you corrupt the power b)you find a way to kill the character
Flag
^^^^^THIS!! SO MUCH!!!
Flag
Most of the season 1 heroes should be invited back at some point... Claire, Hiro, Peter, & Micah were my favorites.
Flag
In my opinion the 3 characters that make Heroes are Peter, Hiro and Sylar without at least 2 of the 3 I won't be watching. Characters like Matt and Micah were good but I won't tune in just for them.
Flag
As good as Sylar was, I don't want to ever see him again. I had more than enough of him first time around. I actually love Zachary Quinto. He's so talented. But Sylar: No more please! lol

I doubt I'll be tuning into this show anyway. As I learn more about it, it's becoming clear that most of the people I liked won't be involved, even in a minor role. So I will be skipping this.
Flag
No more Sylar, please!
Flag
Future Hiro, not present Hiro if you please.
Flag
Future Hiro is way cooler :P But present Hiro was sweet even though frustratingly silly at times. I like both of them :P
Flag
Both!
Flag
None! -time travel is very stupid.

(if you knew something bad is gonna happen, wouldn't you stop it/get help and stop it/warn someone or everyone)

[generic bad thing] happens in the "event series"
guy: WTF "time traveling guy", why didn't you stop this??
time traveling guy: ... aah...(i'm dumb maybe?)
Flag
The problem with trying to travel back and stop something from happening is trying not to cause other things to happen in the endeavor. There's also the dilemma of where do you stop? How many things can you keep changing before you start playing God; rewriting all of history to your own moral idea of what perfection could/should be? In many ways it makes much more sense to travel back and warn those in power or in a position to create change that such an event is coming to give them the chance to not only save themselves, but others in the process.
Flag
So when Nashville gets cancelled, she'll be out of work.
Flag
She'll land on her feet. She's been the best thing about Nashville since day one and the critics have taken notice.
Flag
I am excited to see a return of Heros. Loved that show.
Flag
Yes and HRGGGGGGG &3
Flag
I would love to see Hayden back on Heroes!
Flag
Ditch the cheerleader, save the show.
Flag
Save the cheerleader, save the world. - Hero
Flag
*Hiro*
Flag
Yeah I know, I meant to write Hiro.
Flag
what he should have said
Hiro: hi i came from the future let me explain a complex situation. (with a simple and mystifying phase instead of actually explaining it to you.)
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    Training Day Sunset
    NEW
    CBS