Heroes

1961

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Apr 13, 2009 on NBC

Episode Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

7.7
  • all in all a very average ep and it was definately a fill in.

what a waste of an episode. i think its 50/50 for the next season.... cant beleive how the show has become sooo painful to watch.

perfect example of how a fantastic idea can be destroyed by lazy writing.

i hope they can bring the show back to some sort of glory... pete vs sylar... destruction, action, mayhem.. but first peter needs to grow a pair and they need to get his his full powers back..
    we needs more villans too.......
    does danko have a power?

so over boring fill in episodes with everyone whining and complaining. peter was carrying on like a spoilt child, (peter really needs to grow a pair and starting acting like "future peter"), nathan posed the whole time, HRG stood around too. claire and angela were good.. but what was the point of seeing the sister? hope the last 2 eps are better.....
    fingers crossed.
  • So bad it's sad. Torture to sit through, considered giving up and writing off the series altogether.

2.5
    I am a huge fan as I'm sure many others here are as well. However, this episode single-handedly zapped my enthusiasm for this series.

Angela has a flashback to 1961 and then suddenly it's black and white which looked really bad because it's like in high definition with no "old scratchy" quality to the picture...just in black and white...in HD. Totally lame and pointless.

None of the flashback characters were interesting or engaging. Quite the opposite. We see Dr. Suresh Sr., Mohinder's father, who is flat and uninteresting. I tried to tune out the rest of the episode as it was just too lame to stomach. Sad day for fans.
  • A look back at events we didn't know existed until two episodes ago and have never cared about. It's Angela's show this time around, and that's always a scary prospect.

According to Hulu.com, 1:57 is how long it took me to dislike this episode. I don't really understand what happened... Heroes had such momentum going during this volume. The show had been on a high, in my opinion. And then this episode happened. It just seemed like every professional in charge of making this show happen behind the scenes took the day off and let the... *shudder*... webisode... *shudder* makers take the lead. Everything was just low quality and... how do I put this? B-Team. They didn't have their A-Team running the show. I don't know the specifics behind the names of the writers, directors, etc and how they change from episode to episode, but I think this episode was in stark contrast to what had been the current norm. 1:57 in the episode is representative of the camera work happening. The whole episode had this home-video feel to it-- a sort of Blair-witch thing happening. The cameras were hardly still; in fact, they bounced around as if the filming crew had their memories erased and they were suddenly at the mental states of their 10 year old selves... No, nothing that terrible would ever happen in real life. It wasn't just the movement of the cameras that bothered me. The framing killed me! During the whole Diner scene between Peter and Nathan, the upper frame cut the actors off right in the middle of their forehead. It was so awkward. At one point, Peter's eye gets cut off by the upper frame. So we're left to focus on his weird lip thing right in the middle of the screen. If you're interested in huluing it, it's at 15:42. Besides the Sylar-style camera head slicing, sometimes the cameras were WAY too close to the subjects. Every time Angela bolted up out of bed due to one of her nightmares I had to jump back and go AAAAHHHH!! Too much Angela! Right in my face! Jibbly! (28:05). To make my next point, I would like to just write down for you the lines of dialogue that transpired in this scene: Noah: "You and I have made a mess of things."
    Nathan: "Yes we did."
    Noah: "Danko is working with Sylar. Sylar can change his shape, he can be anybody. He almost made me kill my wife."
    Claire: "What was the last book you read?" W
    Because I can't remember." T
    Not the last book I read, the last movie I saw... Remember movie nights? We used to rent old movies and eat popcorn." F
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Did I miss something? Does the immensity of the situation- you know, talking about Sylar shapeshifting and wanting to eat brains and conquer the world while surrounded by graves of the dead children that were killed in a government project to round up specials meant to remind us of Nathan's current stupid plan- merit a talk about movie nights?? Woman, get in line! My favorite part about all this is Claire's very next line: "You know, I should be a basket case. Digging up graves... I should be, but I'm not."
    You just keep telling yourself that Christie... Next thing you know, she'll be spinning in circles saying "It's corn and corn alone day!" (Corn chips are no place for a mighty warrior.)

On to lesser gripes:
    I'm not a huge fan of the half-black and white for two reasons: 1. They already used it a few episodes ago during Noah's induced flashback. It was pretty cool then, new and creative, but using it again like 6 episodes later is neither new nor creative. Every Heroes season has a flashback episode: Four Months Ago, Six Months Ago, etc. Season 3 has had two, one for each chapter, which makes sense to me. This episode is the *second* flashback episode in one chapter, the *third* in one season. I just don't feel like we need that much. 2. The black and white just didn't work that well. It was done kinda poorly. Zach pointed out that it seems like they just shot it all in color and then decided to go back and make it all black and white digitally, making the lighting and coloring not as effective. Instead of the beautiful range of grays inbetween black and white you get in true black and white, we got dark and really dark. I wasn't a huge fan of the whole differerent-actors-to-be-their-younger-selves thing. Linderman was weird, if not already outright stalker creepish. "Here, let me touch your leg..." "I uh, think it's healed." "No, wait, give it time... Mmm... nice time..." Charles Deveaux seemed completely out of character from what we knew of him in season 1. I've decided I don't like Claire's hair right now. 1. When does she find the time to get all these new hair styles? Does her spontaneous cell regeneration mean she spontaneously generates new hairdos? I could kind of seeing her becoming more blond as a byproduct of her power because her natural color is generating itself, except that that would make more sense the other way around. In seasons 1 and 2 she clearly had highlights, which would mean her hair is naturally a more brownish color, but we can't have that because brown hair Claire = Evil Claire = Emo Claire. 2. Something is just weird. I think it might be the bangs that give her this creepy 1950's invasion of the body snatchers kind of look. (Less of me referencing the actual movie from the 1950's and more of me saying her body was snatched and replaced by someone who looks like they're from the 1950's.)

Angela is an overactor. Or overactress, as it were. Everything she says is just dripping with melodrama. She's complaining about this horribly scarring event that happened during her childhood. She tells Claire, "Did you ever do something so awful, something you are so ashamed of, that you think if you ever talk about it, you might never stop crying?" (As if a 16 year old anyone can really say yes to this) And at this point, we're trucking right along. All we've ever known is Angela who lies, manipulates, and twists truths, people, and situations around to meet her own ends. We're totally on board for this awful thing she's done. But at the end of the episode we find out that she... lied that her sister would be safe while she goes galavanting off to a diner with some boys? She claimed she knew all the people buried at Coyote Sands, yet she was there for what? Maybe two weeks? She claimed she *knew* that her sister had died, but she never even saw her body? What of this was really her fault? She dreamt of the death and that it was connected with Chandra. She told the boys, her sister, and Chandra himself. She's just an overactor. I used to like Angela through Volumes 1-3. When she started appearing in every webisode between Volumes 3-4, she's since carried the taint of webisode on her. The feel of trying too hard, as if it will boost her pay. The whole climax of the episode where we discover just how the kids die. Alice freaks out and accidentally weatherizes the camp. Not her fault. She tries to run away from Dr. Suresh, so to try to calm her, he.... Chris Browns her?? Was the open palm to the face really necessary? So then cool sonic wave guy comes out to help her, pushing the guard over, so the guard.... shoots him in the heart?? And then all the other guards feel the blood lust and massacre the children??? Am I the only one who feels like this makes less sense than West ever having a girlfriend? Screaming destroys all acting ability.
    "What are you doing here!?"
    "I Found This."
    All in one tone. No inflection. (17:38) (This paragraph was typed in all caps for effect but apparently I can't do that here). I guess that was more minor gripes than I anticipated. Believe it or not, there were actually some things I thought were good about this episode:
    The young Angela not only looked like older Angela at times, but she was a pretty good actress. She portrayed Angela's overacting well, without becoming too much of an overactor herself. She had good chemistry with Alice and Charles. She actually reminded me a lot of Anna Paquin in her role as Rogue in the X-Men.

Young Bob Bishop looked amusingly liked Older Bishop. I could totally buy his portrayal of a younger Bob.

Mohinder deciding to stay at Coyote Sands. Hooray! No more Mohinder!...? I can haz? Awesome grown up Alice. Definitely the crazy cat lady from the Simpsons, times 16. Link attached for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkMvKeX7erI&feature=related

Sylar becoming Nathan. This was really the best part of the episode: the part that actually carried on the story line that mattered. It sends shivers down your back to think of what Sylar will actually do and how he's still moving towards the future we saw in Five Years Gone. I think in the end what bothered me most about this episode is how much it didn't matter. It was pure, unashamed filler material. Yeah, it's kinda cool to learn about Angela's past... kinda? But we're learning this big secret from the past... that we only learned two episodes ago existed. We sort of get to learn about the foundation of the company, but what have we learned? That some 16 year old kids decided to make a company based solely on the fact that one of them (who we now know is lying manipulator) claimed to dream that they had formed a company? We know Linderman went to Vietnam in the war, so this can't have happened soon. It must have taken several more years for them to establish anything. Bob can make gold, but he can't make maturity appear. I was watching Bolt last night and something in the way the movie was told reminded me of this episode of Heroes. I realized that sometimes a great plot makes a story, but a story should never try to make a plot. That's what happened in that movie and that's what happened here. They had this idea they wanted to run with but they stretched things and made them too loose, too weak, too ridiculous to hold much weight. And in the end, it all didn't really even matter. Philly D's twitter yesterday said: "I don't know if its bc I feel bleh, but I'm just not digging Heroes this week. I could give a s*** about the younger sister. I think why I feel that way about the latest episode of Heroes, is it has not really had any direction or goal *Save the world* ect"

I hope I don't seem like I like to just point out the negative in everything. Like I've said, I think Heroes has been awesome recently. I'm a passionate person, so when I like something, I really like something, and the same can be said about my dislikes. My opinion isn't the only one out there. Here is a link to a review that thought this episode was great: http://tv.ign.com/articles/972/972517p1.html So oh well. All I know is that the next episode should be awesome! So excited!

Also, in this week's graphic novel, we see Rachel Mills, who apparently killed her partner for finding out about her, on the run from the government as well. She freed at least three specials, including Puppet Man. I guess we'll see if she will have any more episode appearances.
  • Why did they even bother with this one? giving this one more then 3 is a crime against humanity!

Where to begin: 1. Who gives a flying F#$% what happened to Angela as a girl and why do we need to see another flashback...why, why... it's so boring...she could have just told them about it...

2. Why did they have to dig all the graves? what purpose did it serve? 3. This episode looked like one big group therapy...they talked us all to sleep. I think the writers wanted to put all the character development that we missed before into one episode.

4. Claire and Peter couldn't be more Annoying...

5. Are we really supposed to believe that her sister stayed in the last 50 years in the desert just because Angela told her to?...I mean she couldn't have gotten a ride to Vegas or something...become a striper ? 50 years she stayed there...OMG what BS...

6. This show should be called Syler...he is the only interesting character and we all hope he will kill the other characters and have a show of his own...

7. I've noticed that two good shows that went really bad, Heroes and Prison Break are both using the name "the Company" to represent the bad guys. In the good shows we had actual names for the bad guys but the bad shows....

let it be a warning that if the bad guys don't have a real name like let's say "Starkwood" on "24" or Cylons etc. then the writers of that show are probably too lazy to find a good name and therefore they are probably too lazy to make a good show...

8. When Peter said we are not a company but a family I really thought he was going to form a Mafia group...who knows maybe they should do a spin off for the Sopranos...the Heroes version... Tony Soprano kills people with light bolts from his mouth or something...

In short...this is real pure crap and I don't know what to do with this show...It's so bad....
    They had a good episode before but it's not enough to make up for this crap. The ending of the episode with Syler as Nathan was promising...again because I knew syler is back. P.S all you kids giving this show 10's and 9's is why we get this crap of TV. If all you want is some flying people and that's all then there are enough crappy SCI-FI crap out there....this is really, really bad!!!
  • A blast from the past

I've gotten used to the notion that "Heroes" will disappoint whenever they try to mine the past again. Too often, the existing continuity is changed or tweaked to allow for whatever story they want to tell. By now, it should be easy enough to move forward with the history that already exists.

So I was surprised to find that I actually liked this episode quite a bit, and I was willing to forgive whatever minor retcons were involved along the way. We got to see the beginning of Chandra Suresh's study into the emergence of metahumans, which eventually led to his method for identifying those with abilities. That tied into a nice bit of Mohinder's character arc, as revelations about his father drove him to seek redemption for his own mistakes. It doesn't repair the damage done during the third volume, but it certainly helps.

It also answered a question that I had back in the second season: what drove the Twelve to form the Company in the first place? We don't see the Twelve here, only a handful of them that had been at Coyote Sands. But it does explain where the genesis of the Company and its philosophy emerged. In fact, one can imagine that Adam Munroe came along, not long after their escape, and twisted their ideals even more.

I'm still torn on the overall importance of Angela's mission to find Alice. She seemed to be sure that they all had to be there for a reason, but it seemed a lot more personal. I suppose it was more a matter of proving to everyone why it was important for the family to stick together, which it accomplished, and showing them how they had to make up for their many manifest mistakes.

Considering that I've been waiting for the heroes to come together under some banner or another since the first season, this is a promising development. The forgiveness between Nathan and Peter might have been a bit too quick and easy, but with the story rapidly coming to a head, I wasn't surprised by that fact. (Maybe I'm just getting used to how the writers on "Heroes" tend to fast-forward through these matters.)

But for all those possible issues, I thought the overall presentation of the episode was top-notch, and the ending was the logical progression of the story. Sylar's decision to mimic Nathan has been a recurring theme, stretching back to the first season, and harkening back to that was a great idea. It's unlikely to play out as it did then, but it still works as an effective way to draw Nathan and rest of his clan out of the woodwork.

The resolution of this volume still feels like it could be a retread of the familiar: the same heroes banding against Sylar and whatever other villains happen to be working with or around him at the time. That only provides the writers with another opportunity for a proper throwdown against Sylar, something that still has yet to happen after the writers blew it in the first season finale.

This volume has had its shaky moments, and the addition of Bryan Fuller to the writing staff has not been the magical panacea that many had hoped it would be. But I do think that his arrival has been a good thing, and that the return to character-based storytelling is a great sign for the fourth season. For now, I just want this season to end on a strong run, and this episode feels like a part of that.
  • Are you kidding me, there are 2 more episodes?

1.5
    What more can be said? "If you dig it, she will come..." Staying true to Heroes fashion, a seemingly essential character (At least to Angela's character arc) is introduced and immediately written out, this time in less than one episode. If Alice is/was so important to Angela, why is she already forgotten so quickly? At least they didn't waste half a season trying to develop her before forgetting she ever existed, ala Adam Monroe.

Is the name of the company just 'The Company'? Primatech, Pinehearst, Building 26- all just fronts for an organization known simply as 'The Company' (TC)? If this was the beginning of TC, was there ever a formal organization throughout time or was Linderman's collection of artifacts from Season 1 just that?

I thought the show was called Heroes, not Lamoes (Lame-o's) or Whinoes (Whine-o's). The 'woe is me' act is equally tired as TC. Just when I expected this week's episode to have some kind of redemptive quality from last week's snoozer, my conclusion of this series was confirmed. They've been able to homogenize all the characters making them all equally boring and uninteresting. The unrelenting monotony has destroyed what has made the characters so unique. Nathan having to conceal his ability all season, Peter barely having only 1 at a time, Ando's super-charging ability usurped by baby Matt Parkman (I think used only once all season that time with Daphne...), Hiro being basically useless, Tracy in the hot-box all season before her demise... The only character seemingly progressing in the series has been Sylar. Will the show get better in the last two episodes of the season? Who cares... any vested interest in any character has diminished. The plight of the powerless heroes just isn't compelling enough to watch anymore. Consider this the episode that put the nail in the coffin- the series finale in my book.
  • not the best episodes but enjoyed angela's flashbacks.

the petrelli family goes to coyote sands in search of angela's long lost sister and the truth. there they discover that she is still alive and has the ability to manipulate the weather. angela has flashbacks of the year 1961 where we meet a younger bob bishop, linderman and Charles Devereaux (from season 1). the flashbacks were useful as the viewer learned more about angela but it had nothing to do with the current storyline. there was no mention of a plan to take down the government agents and sylar. hopefully the writers will do something better with the 2 remaining episodes and get their heads in the game for season 4. still love heroes though!!!!!!!
  • "Banana", the Weather Witch, and the most boring episode of Season 3.

5.5
    1961 had it's intentions in the right place, but it's too bad I couldn't get engaged in this story. (I never can when it comes to revealing someone who's never existed and trying to make me care about her.)

I didn't care that Angela had a sister, and since we may never see her again, this all didn't seem to matter. The acting during the sandstorm was awful, and what was the point? The idea that she's out there, waiting to strike again, only annoys me further. What should have been a clever way of showing history repeating itself, I see as Heroes, the show, repeating itself. The parallels of people entrapping others with powers was interesting to explore in the 60s, but with continuity issues like Mohinder's father (who should be a teen just like the others) and the overall idea of saying "oh look, here's a mysterious family member that mom clearly loves dearly except there was no mention of her ever until now." Just doesn't fly with me. Angela's line about just wanting to keep secrets or talking about it "hurts too much" is bull. I liked seeing Devaux, Bishop, and Linderman as teens, and evoking some of those Vol 2 Generations/Company themes was nice. But the heavy-handed relationship between Angela and Alice ("Say Goodnight, Alice- Goodnight Alice," a going nowhere metaphor with the book Alice in Wonderland) weakened that plot for me. Even the present day plot, with Peter buzzing off to a cafe, and Nathan trying to pull the family together was dry and uninteresting. But I forgive it because at least the writers are taking time to settle the issues left by many characters. Also, this episode only further highlighted why it was a bad idea to give Mohinder powers (let alone keep him alive). To try and parallel him to his father doesn't quite work, because we know Mohinder isn't even normal anymore. They needed him to be a grounded human being- the one voice of scientific reason on this show. Obviously the writers are trying to get him back to that, but he can't be what his father was if he's hulking out in signs of danger. And finally there's the issue of the blatant "power plagiarism." In the X-Men universe, there are many characters that share or have similar abilities to others. But there is only one known popular mutant with the power the control the weather. Heroes as a premise promised to have its own identity from the usual comic book fare many of us are used to. Unique spins on abilities are tricky when almost everything has already been done, but Heroes needs to be as original as they can when it comes to some of this stuff. Sometimes they succeed. Yet they continue to rip ideas right out from the pages of our favorite comics, quite literally in some cases, and here, we're given not a character that's sort of like Storm- no it's Storm completely. Except old and ugly. How disappointing.
  • Total Waste Of Television

I have removed this show from my DVR - it's not worth watching anymore.

The writers have jumped the track and cannot come up with a decent story line to save their souls.

The characters (outside of Syler) are dull, boring, whiney, people who should be rounded up and locked away for bad acting.

And I'm just over-all, tired of the show having no sense of direction....now we have to suffer through Angela P's past just to understand the future? I think not, she could have just said what happened and not have to make use re-live it with her....YAWN

This show could be cancelled tomorrow and I wouldn't think twice about trying to save it....it's become so bad that it should move to the sci-fi channel on Saturday nights and be the lead-in show to the next crappy movie that they churn out.

If you're going kill the show off, go for it now, because, quite frankly, the writers need to go back to school and learn to be writers again....
  • Well I did it, I removed heroes from my DVR schedule :(

I might be the only person to feel this way on TV.com who watched Heroes, but i'll say it anyway.

The first season for me was such a great ride, it introduced us to characters who were finding out about their abilities and by the end of that season learned how to use them for good or evil. Personally, I've been hoping that the show would start becoming less a soap opera or smallville-ish without all the little personal family struggles. But more importantly for a show to be called HEROES I've been really praying to see atleast one of the so called "heroes" to do anything remotely close to heroic. The show is so dull! The way I see it there's Peter whom in season 1 was really starting to become a bada**, then his "epic" battle against sylar whom matched up evenly on powers, Peter couldn't even fight his own battle with him. Then the seasons progressed and the only things he's managed to capture is the ability to whine and whimper off, or complain cause Mommy & Daddy did terrible things he just can't agree with!!!

Don't even get me started with the rest of the character build up, it's sad whenever you cheer on the Villans cause their the only ones actually doing anything or developing in any sort of fashion... This episode was just so dull with the Petrelli family sitting around a table discussing we're going to start a company again. Who the heck would be afraid of them??? I mean Angela and HRG are the only ones that can actually commit and finish ANYTHING. Nathan, Peter, & good gawd Claire, amount to nothing - one complains all the time, one throws little tantrums, and the other switches back and forth so darn much that it's annoying!!!

And come on did we really need 1 full episode with some big dramatic "meet Angela's sister" for this kind of explaination??? This was such a boring reason for all the hardships she put so many through. Her sister seemed like a cool concept, but really? They couldn't come up with a better storyline as to whats happened with her, showed that she is in fact a threat or liability? I mean there was no da** point as to why they had to dig up graves, just so she could explain, I left my sister here... UGHHH!!!!

In short, i'm just done with the show... I had such high hopes but holding out this long has left me really jaded with even the concept, it's sad to say but i'd much rather watch dancing with the stars nowadays.. So i say to thee, farewell heroes you had great potential just no substance after your first season
  • This was not as good as some of the recnt episodes but it was still decent.

This episode was full of flashbacks that explore Angela Petrelli's past, I found them a bit boring but there was some good parts to them it did explore her past and explain what had happened here. The actual present time stuff was good, there was a new character reveal Angela's sister Alice she could control the weather much like Storm in xmen, I would love it if Sylar took the power because Alice is annoying. It was good to see the whole family finaly get along and the last scene was fantastic with Sylar. That reminds me of Five years gone when Sylar is Nathan Petrelli.
  • the most boring episode i've ever seen.

No offense to the actress, but the character of Angela is the most annoyingly boring character to watch.

the character itself is nothing more than a filler, and an excuse to drive the storyline in some other direction.

I imagine the writers sitting around a table going...
    "we need to make people do [this] in the next episode, but how do we transition into that?"
    "...Angela had a dream about it!! Then manages to convince a bunch of people to go with her for no reason"
    "but then how'd she convince them, she had to tell them something..?"
    "no... her dreams are confusing"

how do you remove characters like Arthur petrelli, or daphne, and keep such a crap character like angela on.
    seriously... kill this character off.
    it'll be a good excuse strengthen nathan and peter's resolve, and really bring the team together.
  • Boring and not what I expected, but at least it had some good to it. Warning, spoilers ahead.

An interesting start as we see Angela's life as a young girl through flashbacks. It started out okay, but I was pretty disappointed with the episode overall. It did give us a nice look at what happened before, but they kept stalling scenes and then it would go to commercial, only to air again and stall some more. And what was with Angela's sister, she shows up for like a few minutes, like a crazy nut, and just disappears again. The very end of the episode was promising though; it seems we will be in for a good episode next week. Too bad this episode felt a little like a filler. I would say this was one of the worst episodes to date, hopefully they learn from this hiccup.
  • There's a storm brewing...

I've got to hand it to them: They took a character who I often considered cold and unapproachable and made her human - while still being cold and unapproachable.

This flashback episode, something Heroes has done before, was a revealing look at the early days of government involvement in the lives of people with abilities and the creation of the Company. Outshining all of that was the touching story of Angela and her lost family which makes her mission to save her current family that much more apparent.

While the pacing wasn't perfect and you have to question Angela's timing while revealing past misdeeds, I thought it was a pretty effective if low-key episode with a cliffhanger ending that came at just the right time.
  • A sad end to a great idea

2.5
    This is the worst dialog I've ever seen on a primetime show. I understand that it is possible to accidently hire a bad writer every now and then, but isn't there supposed to a vetting process… I mean for god sake they have table readings… aren't the actors at least complaining about the garbage their expected to spout on national television!? It used to be such a great show… seems like ever since they came back from SB it's been done half bootyed. I've seen every single episode up to this one, but I just couldn't suffer through this whole episode… Sorry heroes, I'm done.
  • A great episode but it left me wanting more...

Well let me go ahead and get the big negative out of the way. After watching this episode I thought it was great but it didn't do anything to move the overall plot along. With three episodes to go till the end of the season, that's not necessarily a good thing. I think this episode should have come either sooner in the volume or should have waited to the next volume. Now on to the good parts:
    The plot of the episode was good as it revealed the true origins of the company and why it was formed. We got to see the younger versions of Angela, Bob Bishop, Daniel Linderman, and Charles Deveaux as well as Angela's sister Alice. All the young actors (and actresses) were good, but I felt Alexa Nikolas, who played young Angela, was a little off. The references to life in 1961 was nicely done and it really felt like you went back to the 60s. By the way, Charles Deveaux's power was FINALLY revealed! It pretty much appeared to be the same as Matt Parkman and his father. It made perfect sense but I do kinda wish it was little more original. With that being said the young company was great and I hope it's not the last we've seen of them. (I also hope we see the younger version of the other company founders.)

The characterisation in this episode was great and was the strongest point in this episode. Peter and Nathan confront each other about their problems and Peter tries to find a way to forgive Nathan. Claire showed great character growth as she forgave her fathers for their transgressions. Mohinder learns about some of his father's past secrets which causes him to look at his own life. At the end you see the Petrellis and the Bennets come together and they talk about possibly forming a new company. I would really like to that in the next volume. Angela's sister Alice was introduced and I thought she was a very interesting character. As a young girl who always looked to her sister for guidance, she was abandoned and left for dead. Growing up knowing you unwillingly killed alot of people and trying to survive on your own must be very tough. I thought that Diana Scarwid, who played older Alice, did an AMAZING job. Laura Marano, who played younger Alice, did an good job as well. I have to say though, I hope this isn't the last we've seen of Alice since she left in the end without proper closure. They should provide some closure to that story later. Maybe she'll return as a villain??

Well that was pretty much the main parts of the episode. The preview for the next episode looks pretty good and it will be nice to get back to the "Fugitives" story. Like I said, great episode wrong timing.
  • Boring, useless episode.

Created an account just to write this review.

Most boring episode of the series. There was no point in showing this episode. No relevance at all to the main story . . just a filler episode. Where is all the action and mystery that kept me hooked to heroes? They should stop adding more characters and develop the ones they already have.. In the first season at least I was able to connect with some characters. Now, I just don't care what happens to them anymore. They keep on running around with no purpose . . . Hopefully the next 2 episodes will be better.
1 2 >