Heroes

Cold Snap

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Mar 23, 2009 on NBC

• Fuller is back with a vengenance!

Lets face it folks, this series NEEDS and has always needed Bryan Fuller. This is the first episode with his as the key writer and if you will notice the HUGE boost in quality. Now I've nitpicked Heroes to death over the last few episodes and I think I was pretty write in my judgement. For the longest time, 3 Volumes to be exact, Heroes has been floundering, sputtering along without any real goal or sense of purpose, and the writing seems to be shifting on a constant basis. Things happen out of the blue or worse characters change motivations at the drop of a hat without any real build up or worse, too much build up and not a lot of execution. Everything about this episode was great, even Tracy Strauss, and I can't believe I just typed that. Ali Carter is beautiful but she's been handed some annoying characters on this series and now she's finally gone. Oh sure she probably will come back, with the winking ice face indicating some sort of trickery but who knows? Back when Fuller was writing Season 1 no one was safe, and Strauss has had nothing to do this Volume but sit in front of a lamp. Boring. The only reason I didn't give this episode a 10 was because Daphne was killed off without much of a way to come back, indicating that she might be gone for good. They gave her an excellent send off though, truly touching. Makes me wish they had done the same with Elle instead of the cheap meaningless death they gave her. The series needs strong female leads and they offed two women in the cast in one episode, that's kind of sad but not a huge loss. Good to see Micah again, he was never my favorite character but I didn't hate him, and he was pretty useful in this episode. Anyways, keep up the good work, I am once again loving Heroes again.