Save the cheerleader, save NBC? Well, probably not, but the network is bringing back Heroes either way. I'm not kidding! The Peacock has ordered 13 episodes of Heroes: Reborn, an "event miniseries" that'll be helmed by original Heroes creator Tim Kring and air sometime in 2015. 

For those who aren't familiar with the superhero drama's storied past, a brief history: Heroes was an instant hit when it debuted in 2006, but faltered late in its first season and never really recovered. The series ultimately ran for four uneven seasons; NBC canceled the show in 2010, and for awhile there was talk of a made-for-TV movie that would wrap up loose storylines, but it never materialized. 

So far, details on Heroes: Reborn are few and far between, and they'll probably remain that way for some time, according to an official statement from NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke: "Until we get closer to air in 2015, the show will be appropriately shrouded in secrecy," she said, "but we won’t rule out the possibility of some of the show’s original cast members popping back in.” 

In the meantime, perhaps we can glean some hints from the last time Heroes made headlines: When news broke last April that MSN was in talks to revive the series, the idea was to assemble an entirely new group of ordinary people with extraordinary abilities and bring in original cast members for cameos. And that certainly seems like most viable way to do it, right? If that's the approach NBC takes, which original Heroes would YOU like to see back? 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 2/8/2010

Season 4 : Episode 19

428 Comments
Comments (428)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
i didn't understand, the previous characters won't be playing?? if not then don't bother make it, fucking idiots!!!
Flag
if time turner is possibility then Hiro is a must. I dont think the cheerleader will come, she is using her new talent in Nashville and peter is Chosen elsewhere. But i would miss The Man in the Horn rimmed Glasses (Noah) and sylar. Also I liked the actor who played Nathan. I have to rewatched the series. I guess even Rumple was in the series.
Flag
Sorry not Rumple I was thinking of Robert Knepper
Flag
Hiro and Ando!!! you could make an entire series JUST on the little adventures those guys get themselves into.
Flag
Well, obviously the show needs something new-better. I mean... come on guys what show can maintain in high standards for 4 season with "new" storyline every year?There is no way to find something new every year with all these limits...they are heroes, so what?All the seasons were almost the same in the end.Someone wants to destroy a city...someone else wants to destroy a city,someone wants more heroes,someone else wants no heroes at all,someone want to tell about the hero thing someone else not.Come on, is this all you can think for a heroic story? In my opinion there has to be one super vilain in the new series, one that was the main vilain in the last 4 seasons but behind the stage,the person who made everything possible,who pulled strings to make everyone do his bide and the one's that the plans destroyed from the "Heroes" without them to aknowledge it. The person who gathered power and knowledge all these years... who fights for a higher purpose(in his mind) maybe?... The one who's now ready to fight and achieve the goals on his/her own. Fill the gaps from the previous 4 seasons with minor details about this person... and climax the story in an epic fight(something necessary in an heroes' story) in the end of the story(if there are, more than one, seasons),obviously not like 1st season's battle(hahah epic ending). I think that the story needs new blood or new powers in our occasion, put in play some people like Micah or so who find clues about the true danger and some glipses of the old cast and their lives in this world who are gonna help with this danger later in the series, try to make the heroes evolve their powers...It's kind of boring to see every time the same thing without having something new to wait for, from them. About the old cast... i don't really want to see Claire again... i mean she's cute and all, but she totally made me get bored every time i saw her the last 2 seasons...she didn't help at all, it was something like save the cheerleader,and that's all. The whole time, running to find help... whatever... The cheerlead had to die from the 1st season,(so Sylar) she made the whole story collapse cause they try to make her stay in the show... with no purpose at all.Hiro and Peter ,these are the heroes who have to come back for sure... Peter is the old fashioned hero guy and Hiro can travel through time and space? come on :P who didn't dreamt, even once, doing this?
That's my opinion, feel free to express yours as well :)

PS. Sry about my english :)
More+
Flag
and if you don't put some of the original characters back it's so unfair it won't be pleasant with them

Flag
I want the cheerleader back peter sylar micah hiro ando mohinder matt and tracy
Flag
What we need is a new cast of heroes with similar or even newer and better powers that they have been using for a while. We need to be thrown straight into the mix of something big going on. We need powers in action good and bad. We need a bad ass villain and a crazy ass hero who are working together to bring about some ancient plan that they believe will bring about some form of evolution of humans. Though both the villain and the hero know that there can not be good without the bad.
So while that is going on there's this lone survivor crazy time traveller from the future who is running the entire scenario of the the heroes and villians moving them like pawns in and out of time. The time traveller will have no silly guilty conscience. No reason why he or she is doing it except that it can be done.
That's just a start.
Flag
Story goes..... Future Sylar is a god-like guide/protector of people with uncontrollable powers and helps keep the peace. Claire and Matt Parkmans son protect the world fighting injustice with a special team overseen by Noah and Hiro. Ando is running the family company developing a technology that helps Hiro prevent other time travellers from affecting history. The arch nemesis would be a powerful being who has the ability to alter reality within his own vicinity and is responsible for the state of Peter who tried to help but instead got turned into a statue which is retrieved and held by Noah and Hiro. Go 25 years in the future and add characters like Micha and some fresh faces. Almost similar to X-men with with a whole new outlook on the concepts of power and this time don't take 10 episodes to deliver the punchline. Action to action ongoing. Twist to twist.
Flag
Sorry, but no no no.
Flag
Sure why not.... But you won't get Zach Quino I suspect, he's gotten too big. Maybe a cameo... Calire can go jump off a ferris wheel for all I care, oh wait.
Flag
Quinto said in an interview that he wouldn't return to Heroes if it were brought back because since American Horror Story, he doesn't want to return to a serial killer role
Flag
but didn't he turn good after The Wall? I havent watche dthe last episdoe yet so idk there could be twist, but still.
Flag
Yes, unfortunately that did happen in The Wall. And he did end up staying good in Brave New World too, he was the the character who used the episode title in as an actual line, too. (yeah I'm not a huge fan of that storyline in hindsight)
Flag
ya i just watched Brave New World and it seems to me he's good for good this time (lol) but who knows? Silar is always doing this shit. But that line were he's talking about how saving people is better than killing people.... pretty convincing.
Flag
Sylar Claire Peter Noah
Flag
Peter,Sylar,Claire,Noah and Hiro definitely!
Flag
I want to see all of the main cast. Peter, Claire, Hiro, Ando, Matt, Mohinder, Sylar, Angela and Mr Bennet
Sylar did just turn good and I would like to see how it turns out with him and all of the other Heroes cast
Flag
I'd like to see HRG and Mohinder as central characters. As far as actual Heroes...I'd like to see Peter, Hiro/Ando, and maybe Parkman. Leave Sylar out...they need a new antagonist.
Flag
I would like to see Angela Petrelli, Micah and Monica, Peter, Claire (Sandra, Lyle and Noah included), Sylar, Mohinder, Molly Walker, Matt and the usual characters back. I want there to be some new characters and characters from the graphic novels that were important, like Sparrow Redhouse. I would love if they brought back Angela's sister, Alice, because I was really curious about her and her abilities. I don't want Sylar to get her power but I do want Sylar to be back to his evil ways. He was born to be bad. He should be killed, too. Everyone loves him but he's kind of played out.
Flag
i would like to see peter,sylar and hiro
Flag
Personally I'd like to see just about all of the previous heroes brought back. Especially Peter, Syler, Clare, Hiro,.. Probably not necessary to name them all. I think Peter would be my first choice for a fresh start if I absolutely had to pick one. Might be kinda difficult to do considering who his family is. You could show him off somewhere doing his own thing and occasionally talking to one of the old heroes on the phone or perhaps occasional guest stars. That would be pretty cool. I think a lot of people would like to see a little about how the old story played out. You may be able to do that in flashbacks. May be a little difficult to do without the old cast, but doable, if, say once Clare showed the world about them they all got split up, or maybe the others died that day. We can't say for sure, that's what Peter's trying to find out. Idk.. Several directions you could go in. As for a completely fresh start, that could be cool, but you've got some pretty big shoes to fill. Whatever path you choose, I have high hopes, and I'm very excited to watch. The old heroes is awesome.!.. The first two seasons anyway. Went somewhat down hill from there. But anyway, good luck. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Oh, and please don't listen to this person saying to narrow the focus. The wide variety is part of what made heroes so great. In my own opinion anyway.
More+
Flag
Actually, PLEASE don't listen to this Teslabrow at all!!! I'm sorry, but I think every idea in that paragraph is terrible! Also I think Hiro and his buddy would be great for the new show. Those two and Peter would be awesome. I think Hiro and his buddy would be fairly cheap too. No offense Hiro. Your my Hiro. Lol
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
How about a heroes-like show? The direct resurrection of a previously aired long-running show might be too contrived and not taken seriously on its own merit. Just do a fresh take on the concept so as not to trap yourselves into a fool's task of trying to fill all the different expectations from the Heroes fans. Tim Kring (and consultant?) could follow a new story line with all things fresh except the superpower-endowed-hero concept which is ageless and when done well can be a hit. There is a deep well of ideas to fetch a new writing project from. Everyone loves a comic book type of story with life breathed into it. Just don't try to fit into too many categories at once. Heroes seemed as though it was trying to fit into drama, soap-opera, teen drama, supernatural, suspense, thriller, mystery, etc. Narrow the focus and it won't wear too thin.
Flag
OMG!! WOOOOOOT!!!!!! This has just made my day .. And we would defiantly want to see Peter
Flag
Sylar
Flag
Let's see, Bringing back Heroes, Bill Cosby. What's next for "Must See TV?
Flag
NBC must be REALLY desperate
Flag
I would bring back all the original cast except Tim Kring.

He proved he can have great ideas, but can also ruin them if he tries to run a whole season. Imagine how amazing Heroes could have been with Tim Kring's idea but led by someone different (like one of the Fringe guys).

I reckon NBC should forget the 'reborn' part, find a smart way to rewrite events to send everything back to the end of series one. Then re-do it.
Flag
They can't bring all the actors back for the simple reason that many of them are busy in other projects, tv shows, movies... plus, some will demand more money, etc. Is better to start fresh with a new cast, however, they could have some of the original cast make a cameo or guest appearances.
Flag
I was just stating the ideal.

Personally I'm not into the cameo idea. I think it should be new or old. Not a mix.

The problem they are going to have either way is clearing up the mess left by the final seasons. Unless they are just planning to ignore the original show entirely.

To put another way, the cast are the least of the issues. Heroes left a lot of fans wondering WTF. It became a frustrating show that couldn't end quickly enough. So they have the problem of either 1) needing to clear up some loose ends 2) ignoring the original show completely (which definitely means no cameos).

Either way, it is surely better without Tim Kring. There must be a way they can pay him off to use his (brilliant) idea but without destroying another show.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I feel like the reborn implies that there won't be any cross over with the original. Not opposed to reviving it though.
Flag
NBC, why not just revive Pet Semetary?

executives: I know! We'll revive Heroes! Everyone loves superheroes!

Fred Gwynne (in creepy Southern drawl): No! You don't understand! Don't go up to the cemetary up the road there and dig up the body! What you dig up is not the same as what you put in, you see!

executives: Yes, let's bring back Bill Cosby as well. What's the worst that could happen?
Flag
I enjoyed the first two seasons, but I stopped watching mid-season 3. The show was bad, and Season 4 was supposed to be even worse. (And I'm the guy who watched season 6 and 7 or Supernatural.) Let the dead stay dead.
Flag
Heroes Reborn might work because it's being aired as a limited run mini-series, not a full series. So the overall story should be much more consistent and there won't be space for as many filler episodes. One thing that worked for Heroes was splitting the season into two mini-seasons. But the question now is whether they actually have any story left to work with. And will the climactic episode actually be climactic? (A fight behind closed doors?)
Flag
Agreed. I wish networks would do more limited run series. The writing is always stronger and the stories deeper.
Flag
For those saying it was terrible, that doesn't mean it will be again! It's all about the characters. Check this out, we're already discussing how: http://whatculture.com/tv/5-new-characters-wed-like-see-heroes-returns.php
Flag
Who cares? I gave up after season 1.
Flag
I want to see more from Heroes, but I won't click Save the cheerleader check box because she is the reason why the show went bad in the first place. On every forum the audience were demanding more Peter, but NBC just keep pushing the cheerleader Clear in our faces. I would definitely want to see Mohinder, Peter and Sylar and Noah Bennet. On the other side, Hero, Ando, Angela Petrelli and Matt Parkman can still be there but only occasionally, so that we know they are still out there somewhere minding their own business. As for Clair it would be best if she is on the other side of the world with no cameras. They should create some new characters, quality characters.
Flag
Clair is not the reason the show, went bad in the first place. Bad writing, and the lack of fresh ideas is. Seriously, every season Peter either didn't have or lost his powers, just to gain them back, when they were needed the most. It was cool the first season, with him trying to learn how to access them; but then to rinse and repeat every season was ridiculous.

The writers realized that they screwed up, with Peter being able to duplicate anyone's power, whom he came in range of. He was too over-powered. That power level was central to season one's plot. But as much as i liked Peter, they should have killed him off when he exploded. Hiro never becoming "future" Hiro, was another big problem with fans. The creators ran out of plot ideas, and did little character development. The series started off with "Save the cheerleader, save the world." And ended with "Stop some guy, save a field".

Personally i would care if somehow Clair was dead, and that turned HRG against those with powers. Set the series 20 years in the future. Have bada$$ future Hiro, mentor an all-new team of heroes, opposing evil and trying to survive.
More +
Flag
As much as I loved Hiro, Ando and Peter P, I'd prefer that they not return. I'd like to forget that the heroes were outed in season four and that the carnival came to town.

I want to see new super-powered people and a new story.
Flag
I'd say, let's make a show about who killed the cheerleader and how.
jokes aside, I'm not so sure it's such a good idea. revivals can be thought, and heroes has the problem that in the last few seasons it didn't do that well. brining back the quality of season one can be done, but right now it wouldn't have the elemnt of being fresh and new to capitalize the interest of the audience. the fact that it will be done as a mniniseries is good, but 13 episodes are too much. In the past there had been rumors, and requests from the fans, for a film of some kind (theathres or tv movie) to end the storylines once and for all. maybe 2-3 hours wouldn't be enough, but 13 are way too much;4 or 5 hours could have solved everything.
Flag
I'd be stoked on a whole series focusing on Hiro and Ando.
Flag
Is this the worst idea ever? My thoughts: http://www.untemperedtv.com/?p=447
Flag
Ha ha, none. No characters from Heroes should return because Heroes ate its own tail at the season finale on its freshman season, and came back with nothing but puke upon its return. Season 2 and beyond ruined this show, instead of divesting itself of ancillary characters and moving on to new territory, it rehashed Quinto and just kept tweaking the story to make the same characters smash together in dumb ways until they were all blunted from the effect. Oh, but they also added 2 unlikable new characters and then just kinda killed them and had them mean nothing and they were vague, that was a real blast. NBC sucks at this, they tinker and tamper to ruin, then fall back when they have scraped the bottom without it.

At this point, the only thing that could salvage Heroes is a showrunner with strength and vision and direction. Tim Kring has all three, but rarely at once.
Flag
No. Just no. What a horrible idea. This show went to Hell faster than the Winchesters at a demon crossroads. Which sounds far more exciting than anything that happens from seasons 2-4 of Heroes.
Flag
LOL.
Flag
Seasons 1-3 were good.

Flag
You're one-third right.
Flag
I dunno. While Season 1 was arguably the best show on television when it aired, Season 2 started very strong. But then the Writers Guild strike decimated their plans, and they were forced into shoddy last minute re-writes. After the strike, the show lost its footing and devolved into the worst Season 3 of any show I can recall.
Flag
HRG as a regular, cameos by anyone else. Just give it a definitive story and not go off on tnagents. Sadly I don't hold out a lot of hope.
Flag
The 1st season was GREAT. but then Seasons 2 and 3 were horrible..by the time we got back around to S4( which I thought was just OK) It was too late..NBC gave Tim Kring every opportunity to get this show back on track and he couldn't. I should be excited about this news BUT I remember the FRUSTATION this show put me through. The magic is probably done but I will watch the premier out of curiosity. Since they killed off so many main characters are we going to have to embrace new ones? I thought the old cast had great chemistry. Maybe Hiro can go back in time and reset the show? (there I go getting my hopes up again!!..DAMN YOU HEROES!! SO MUCH PONTENTIAL!!)
Flag
Seriously? it's not April 1st yet... Save the viewers, save your money!
Flag
lol
Flag
I really liked the show, except for the 4th season. I'm glad they will run it again. I'd like to see Sylar, Peter, Matt, (the fierce) Mr. Bennet, Hiro + Ando, and Micah with a better role in the story. They should leave out Mohinder.
Flag
The show went downhill when they had overpowered powers. Peter was most ridicules, but so was sylar and Peter's father. Please don't do this mistake again!
An all-new cast would be great. Maybe they will bring only Mr. Bennet?
Flag
And on second thought Hiro and Ando were somehow essential to Heroes but their demeanor was way to ridiculous for me. They always spoiled the drama. If i want Comedy i watch TBBT or whatever...

Flag
If they say Sylar even once im out!
Flag
Loved season 1 but got lost early season 2 (2 episodes in) and i never could pull myself back in. So the "new" series is a no go for me
Flag
I watched the full series after it ended. And I was sad about the ending. I wanted more!!! So I'm excited. Hope it won't suck.
Flag
I'd like to see Maya and Niki return, because any excuse to see Dania Ramirez and Ali Larter on tv. The other characters I'd like to see return are HRG and Matt. I'm ok with having it be about new characters, would just like to see some sort of resolution with the originals.
Flag
I'd probably tune into the first episode but if it isn't great I'm out. This show was so back-and-forth when it came to quality of stories and characters.. I don't have time to jump back into the world unless they iron things out a bit. That said, I'd love to see Parkman, Peter and Hiro cameos. Maybe HRG.
Flag
How about none. Heroes was good for most of the seasons but ended on the low side, had to be put out of its misery. There are out there a lot more shows that were ended before its time and are more worthy of reviving, say like Jericho.
Flag
It has to be an all new cast...doesn't it? Hayden Panettiere and Zachary Quinto are now in a different league. Milo Ventimiglia's taking similar strides. Masi Oka is steadily employed, in Hawaii no less, and Sendhil Ramamurthy is too...for now. With Clair, Peter, Hiro, Mohinder and Sylar out of the equation, arguably the most compelling characters from the original show, it's hard to imagine rebooting the show with the also rans from the original cast.

HRG can't carry it by himself.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing Jack Coleman and Ali Larter make an appearance. As well as Kristen Bell and Zeljko Ivanek...though I think both died the first time around.
Flag
All those characters are the ones who ruined the show...
Claire was not even a great character to begin with and by the end dominated the show with her college/lesbian story... like wtf.
Hiro kept on changing from a 10 year old child to a nerd who could only speak sci-fi.
Mohinder was a great character who was the human eyes of the show and then the writers decided to give him super-powers and ruined him.
And Sylar was a GREAT character in season 1 but he single handedly ruined the whole series and if don't realize that then you need to rewatch the show.

So all those characters can stay gone IMO. The only character is think is needed back is HRG. An all new cast is going to be great.

Flag
I wasn't aware that Clair, Hiro, Mohinder and Skyler were responsible for creating and controlling their own story arcs.

While it's nice and all that you've got definitive black and white answers to subjective questions...I think I'll continue rolling with the theory that the writing and production team were responsible for the problems that killed the show. Since none of those actors forgot how to act between season 1 and season 4, the only variable is what they were given to work with. If they were awesome in season 1 but terrible in season 4...what changed?

Blaming the behaviour of fictional characters that are representations of somebody else's vision seems a little silly. As for the "greatness" of any new re-boot...we'll see. Catching lightning in a bottle is tough to do once, never mind twice, six years after the fact after many of the aspects that made the show great the first time around have all been done to death. I haven't got that much faith in a network with a hit to miss ratio like NBC.
Flag
I'm not saying they wrote themselves. I'm saying their characters were irredeemably messed up. If they do decide to bring back those characters I don't know if I can forgive what the writers did to them. Sylar may come back and his reappearance may be praised, but that wont excuse how the writers wrote him post season 1.
Flag
Man this makes me want to re-watch the first season. I remember how awesome it was when it first came out. Don't think I even watched past season 2 though.
Flag
True story. The 1st season was the best!!!!!! Save the cheerleader :D
Flag
I'm re-watching it now. On episode 6, sooo good and I can barely remember what happened which makes it even better!
Flag
Maybe they'll do it better this time. I want to see Sylar come back. I think the rest of my favorites were killed off, which is disappointing. But oh well. If they can figure out a way to revive the artist guy, that would be nice. I liked him.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members