Heroes

Dual

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Dec 15, 2008 on NBC

• Peter seeks to destroy the formula while Nathan tries to protect it; Sylar plays a deadly game of cat and mouse with Noah, Claire, Angela and Meredith at Primatech; Daphne, Matt and Ando attempt to rescue Hiro from the past, and Ando receives an ability.

The writers have decided to give the people what they want - lots and lots of Sylar. In his storyline the tension takes off from the beginning and does not let up. Zachary Quinto's return to good old evil Sylar began last week with some great scenes, but in this episode he is all the way back and badder than ever. The comedy trio of Matt, Daphne and Ando are spot on once again and it will be nice to see more of them in the next volume. The battle at Pineheart was action packed - don't blink or you might miss somebody getting smoked. Nathan embracing the dark side is a nice change and made his character more interesting. The volume was wrapped up very nice and neat, and was very pleasing to this viewer. And omigosh, Fugitives is looking very dark and very good. That month and a half seems like an eternity.
  • This is it, ladies and gentlemen... The chance for this show to redeem itself after it has fallen off the wagon of bad scripts and plots.

And so, it did; this season finale truly knows how to wrap things up. In this episode, Sylar being the evil genius like Jigsaw from the Saw movies, had his short moments of glorified villainy. Excessive characters finally died and/or suffered a humiliating moment. Knox (the black guy who gets stronger when people are scared) frozen to death by another unnecessary character, Tracy (who look like Nikki/Jessica/Gina/Barbara). Next thing you know, her plans not only got ruined by Daphne and Hiro, she also got punched in the face! (A moment when Tracy-haters rejoiced) Who could possibly forget about Nathan and Peter, the 2 brothers who always clashed with their own beliefs and other sibling rivalry crap. Finally, the roles of our lovable Japanese duo Hiro and Ando has taken a good ol' switch-a-roo; When Hiro lost his powers in the past, Ando gained a unique ability!
  • Peter finally gets his powers back!!!!! Also The title fits the episode. A very action packed episode with brother against brother, ,Mohinder, Hiro, and Sylar against Claire and her. Ando gets his power!!!

This was a really good touch to the end of volume 3!!!! I think that the fact that most problems that were solved was a great thing. Ando got his power , and it is indeed very cool , there is no more formula , Peter has a power , Angela is Sylar's momma and Arthur is really dead. I personally thought this was one of really great episodes in Heroes history so far. We saw a sneak at Volume 4 , and may I say **** OMG , is this really happening to our Heroes? How can Nathan go against his own ? This is definetely turning to the future we saw in season 1 episode 20 " Five Years Gone" Dual was a very thrilled up epiode and one of my new favorites , and also one of the best!!!!!!
  • wow....simply wow......(spoiler alert)

Heroes still amazes me from episode to episode, and this was really pure, showed us what heroes means, and what will it become. Everything in this episode was perfect, when i watched it, i didnt believe how it possibly finished so fast, its was fully packed with everything from suspense to action, and everything a show needs. Hopefully and im really sure that the next volume will be perfect, because making the main hero's brother the villain...thats really a great approach. And dont worry guys, sylar aint dead, he will never be unless he doesnt want to act in the show anymore:p. THE 2 main characters in this show to me are peter and sylar, they both represent good and evil, and the others are like companions lets say. I really also wish hiro gets his power back, it really suits him. Anyway the episode was really greatly written unbelievable how they wrapped everything up in one episode, it was really hard.... A great achievement really...
  • Action packed episode with so much in store.

Sylar locks down Claire, HRG, Meredith and Angela at the company seeking out revenge on Angela and for answers. Claire knows how to stop Sylar by hitting the spot in the brain to paralize him/shut him down.
    HRG lets out the inmates in a bid to lure Sylar. Sylar injects Meredith with Adrenaline causing her powers to go out of whach forcing HRG to take action which he doesn't. Sylar reaches Angela and gets the answers he was looking for that she's not his mother and that she thinks he is weak but knows where his birth parents are. He attempts to kill her but Claire saves the day.

Peter powerless uses his brain for once knocks Nathan out and gets Flint to help him destroy the formula. Knox is on Peter's side and holds Nathan hostage till the formula gets destroyed. Peter and Mohinder get into a fight but Flint saves Peter. Eventually Knox gets taken out by Tracy with Nathan telling her he fires Tracy from her job. Nathan goes on the rampage on Peter. Flint flames down the formula leaving Peter with no choice but to take the formula. He flies Nathan out of danger and the brothers part on bad terms with Nathan being a villain.

Ando injects himself with the forma and becomes the battery charger for Heroes with gifts. He with Daphne bring back Hiro frm the past while Hiro tries to destory the paper but ends in 2 halves.

Ends with Tacy leaving with Mohinder.

Over all full of everything but lacked emotion. Sylar at his best hope we get to see this evil side more often. Peter as always Rocked using his brains. Heres to the next volume.
  • It's a great volume finale!

I loved it! February seems so distant. I can't wait for the new volume to begin.
    So, we've seen Meredith, Knox, Flint and Sylar dying. Sylar is the only one who can still live but only if someone gets the glass out of his head (I wonder who that might be).
    Peter got his powers back! That's so great! Nathan has gone crazy. He told everything about them to the President. It seems like the volume 4 is going to be so great! They're going to be on a run, escaping the government. The Volume 4 preview seems interesting. We can see a bunch of soldiers (looking like S.W.A.T. team) who are capturing people with abilities.
    It's going to be so great, can't wait! :)
  • Very riveting.

It is quite obvious that Heroes is on an upward swing. The show is getting better and better. To see Nathan and Peter at odds with Nathan turning into his father. I feel Peter will have to stop him using whatever means possible so that the future will not happen. Clair has come along way since season one. She is no longer afraid to kill. She put a stop to Sylar, or did she. You can not keep a good villain down. When she witnessed her mother die, in my personal opinion this is what finally pushed her to do what she needed to do to stop Sylar. Now Aldo has power. Question is, will be a hero or become the Aldo of the future and kill Hiro. Imagine poor Hiro facing his father who naturally did not recognize him as his son from the future. Thinking he was a thief fought him with a sword to keep the formula. Just as his father was about to kill him, Daphne shows up and saves him.

Hiro, with help of Daphne destroy the formula and Nathan fires Tracy. I do not feel this will set too well with her. Knowing her she will plot some sort of revenge.

This episode was exciting without any boring scenes. This is exactly why I (along with many others) tune in to watch this show. There are so many twists and turns like when Sylar learns he was just being used by Angela. He could have a happy nobody, but Noah and Elle turned him into this. Who are his real parents? He died before he got a chance to find out. This is the best science friction drama I have seen in years.
  • wow...what an amazing end to this volume!

Dual is an amazing episode for many reasons such as for one, Sylar is back to being the sick and sadistic sadistic jerk that has made him who he is and one of the most intense characters of all time. Also, Peter finally sees how much of a power hungry dirtbag his brother truly is. Third, although i originally disliked the idea, Ando has a power now and he goes back in time with Daphne to save Hiro from the past. Heroes is an amazing show and i cant wait to see what we have in store for the heroes in volume four!
  • The Company goes out in a blaze of glory as Nathan finally turns against his own kind.

The most pivotal volume on Heroes myth arc distracts its audience with a formula, the level 5 villain's scape and an eclipse that allowed - among others - an epic Sylar/Elle love affair. However the very point Future!Peter shot Nathan to stop back at the volume's premiere takes shape in front of out eyes as Nathan himself starts the very government program to hunt people with abilities seen on "The Second Coming" and "I am become death", as riveting the episode was that we never saw the 5YG future was about to become a reality just as soon as Nathan would realize his formula-designed-army to control these people was an utopia. And so it begins volume 4, with both Primatech & Pinehearts burnt to the ground as their sole heir sells his kindred, kindred that weren't his to begin with and would've never been should Angela Petrelli never used the formula to give abilities to his eldest son: Nathan Petrelli has finally turned against his own kind.
  • Sylar vs HRG, Meredith, Claire, Angela, and more! Ando, Matt, and Daphne try to rescue Hiro before his own father cuts him down! Nathan and Peter chose their sides.

After a run around of a season, it finally began to pick up when The Eclipse began and this one finale was AMAZING! Sylar is back to doing what he always does, being the Villian, and terrorizing the Heroes. Trapping, murdering, and best of all, presenting some truly powerful moral dilemas for the characters trapped inside Primatech, Sylar shows his true colors in a very epic finale. Peter and Nathan's dilema culminates and shows them both who they really have become on the inside, two brothers now divided and living on the opposite sides of the picket fence. The fate of many characters hang in the balance, both their lives and their abilities, as we move closer and closer to the future that the Heroes have been trying to stop since Five Years Gone. This episode is the second greatest episode, IMO, to be put on screen, and gives Company Man a run for its money.
  • Hmm weird

Well, I was crazy to watch it, but it disappointed me as a finale.

First of all, I hated that Meredith died. Why the hell they do that? it is sad :(

Second of all, I want Hiro to have his power back, come one, whats the good thing if he doesnt? He is one of the main character, it sucks if he doesnt have it.

And Nathan becomes the villan? Oh come on, thats a bit pathetic.

I thought Sylar was suppose to be good now and all and he ended as a bad guy again.

I think the story was perfect, but it seemed to me as they finished it before they should.

I think they should have had more some episodes and then finish.

Come on, the way Arthur died was also pathetic. I thought it would be some fights and all.
  • did one gr8 thing!!!

i am happe dat dey gave peter peterelli his powers baq...he was lukin pathetic widout em...n sylar aka gabriel gray is baq 2 bein wha he is suits him alot...poor meredith dont care abou her......buh y da helll did nathan peterelli go bad...disappointed by this one..n plz get rid of mohinder suresh lol..oh one more thing hiro nakamora shud hav his powers baq....n da whole story is now shifting 2 da future in wich nathan peterelli is da president n sylar aka gabriel is workin 4 him....hopefully season 4 turns ou better dan dis one...season 1 n 2 were great.
  • Review.

Nathan and Peter face off, and Nathan makes a move with far reaching consequences. Sylar takes desperate measures at Primatech and the fates of several heroes hang in the balance. Ando, Matt, and Daphne continue their quest to save Hiro.
    This episode was on par with the last we saw a lot of useless people die so this was what I was hoping for. We all know Sylar isn't dead but he's cool, Meredith, Doyle, Knox, a random super strength dude are all dead. there where too many and now I think there is the right amount of people with abilities. Ando's new power was cool but it was very predictable him getting the wrong one. overall the last two episodes of the volume where the best of the volume. I don't get why this episode is rated low probable just because it was the volumes finale, there always rated low shame on you all.
  • Peter got his ability back, and Sylar is dead!!!

unbelievable!!! finally Peter got his power back!!
    great end for this volume, with Sylar's dead, i was shocked, but cant be!! i mean what is going happen to the show if hes dead, I'm sure hes coming back in the next volume :D, i really like his character even when he turned to be the "good guy" great character in both way really!!!
    but now peter got hes ability back that was nice, and hero lost his abilities poor "yatta" guy hehe :))
    but now endo got an ability for him.
    i cant wait to see the next episode from the new volume.
    this is the best show ever
  • Interesting episode...

This episode was so interesting showing the characters duality but Sylar like a good guy is not convincing then it's so good he returned like a bad guy.
    Ando with powers can be used in the next episodes for the bad guys to increase their powers.
    Poor Meredith… did she die on the fire? Maybe not….
    I didn't like the fight between Sylar and Claire…. It could be a big duel between the other Heroes and Sylar then it would be more exciting…
    Sylar was dead like Claire in the season before that, and taking off the glass of her neck she returns to life and so can happen with Sylar on the next volume. He is a powerful villain and deserves come back in the Season 4.
    All the characters show their really face and in the end Nathan shows that he is a bad guy too… he asks the president to find the other Heroes and captivate them. Of course he didn't say he was one of the Heroes…
    I think Cristine Rose is wonderful like Angela Petrelli – great actress.
  • The best episode in volume three.

Finally things get all wrapped up. This was jsut amazing in every aspect. Everyone got an amazing amount of airtime. It was just perfect! Claire & her mom dying was sad, but I'm glad it was her to save the day. I loved this episode because Sylar trapped them all, and it was just such a perfect way to end a volume. Is Sylar really dead. Who knows? Now the villain is Nathan trying to lock the heroes up. Tracy isn't that much anymore since she got fired. Ando's ability was amazing. Hiro saved the day as well. Stealing the formula & making sure it never gets out. I guess Peter still cares for his brother but he has got to let got for Volume four. Perfect episode!
  • Volume 3 ends with the most unexpected of villains and the future reverts to that of season 1.

There's a pattern with the recaps – it often shows things that weren't actually in the episodes. It's usually little things but every now and then it's something big. It's obvious why they do it, to let things be elaborated so the recap explains better if someone missed the previous episode itself. Heroes is done as a serial drama, after all. Here are two of the more blatant examples – 1/ Matt never told the guy at the courier service they needed the sketchbook to find Hiro and Ando didn't show him the comic! 2/ Mohinder never told Arthur to touch the vat and never explained about changing the formula 'on a molecular level'. It was obvious when we watched it but for the recap it has to be explained. This isn't a bad thing but it is a little disorienting sometimes, making you wonder if you actually missed it in the episode itself.

Sylar does the voiceover this time and it's a truly great one.

Peter sits with his dead father, gun in hand as Nathan walks in. Peter actually aims the gun at Nathan but could never, ever pull the trigger, he'd kill himself first. Instead he knocks Nathan out.

Sylar goes after 'Mommy' and locks everyone in the Primatech building. It's time for a little game playing, thanks Angela. It's an odd choice how they split up, shouldn't it be one offensive power, one passive rather than pairing the two defensive powers together? As well as Bennet, who can take care of himself, with Meredith who's a flamethrower? What does Meredith need a gun for?!

Peter gets help from unexpected allies in Flint and Knox who selfishly don't want their powers to become commonplace and Peter's not about to object. Knox also kills the only marine injected so far. The look on Nathan's face is hilarious, "YOU'RE working for Peter?"

Matt, Ando and Daphne go to Suresh's loft to get the serum and since he's obviously at Pinehearst, Daphne goes to get it. Ando hopes to become a time traveler to save Hiro but we already know his power: red electricity. It's how he killed Hiro in the future. Daphne actually suggests an amazing truth, one that honestly never occurred to me: several people got the power they dreamed of or reflects who they are: Nathan's love of freedom: flight; Claire's need for security: healing; Claude's desire not to be noticed: invisibility; Matt's desire to help people and a love of truth: telepathy; Daphne couldn't even walk: super-speed.

Personally I would have tried for the window, but Hiro manages to pull himself onto the roof.

Sylar offers Claire a deal, they can walk if Claire kills Angela. He's always craved attention and a family who loved and accepted him, Angela used that, gave him a mother and brother to love then he found out it was lie. I'd be homicidal too. I loved Sylar and Peter as brothers, they were so sweet together and Angela did ruin it! Not even knowing the future, Sylar pegs Claire as a killer - how does he see it in her but no-one else does?

There are times I wonder if Bennet is even sane! He releases the level 5 prisoners including Doyle, someone they have zero power against! He intends using them as bait for Sylar, as a distraction so they can get to him. He better pray they don't turn on him too. Doyle does well against Sylar until Sylar fights back. They're well matched, we've seen Doyle control three people simultaneously, however, Sylar has a considerable range of abilities and part of his power has always been to control them better than their owners, making him truly formidable. The only person who's ever really stopped him was Peter.

Sylar easily traps Bennet together with Meredith who is about to blow. It's payback for Bennet making him a killer, it's hard to blame Sylar for wanting revenge. Sylar could have continued to be a complete nobody but Bennet showed him how Special he was by making him kill. Again Bennet shows his unique knowledge of the powers around him, like he did with Ted and the EMP, and tells Meredith how to use her power to weaken the glass. That shard of glass Claire pulled out of herself looked like the one that killed Peter. Meredith cannot stop the buildup of her power which can only lead to an explosion.

I love Nathan to pieces but there are times when he is so arrogant and condescending about Peter, I want to hit him! He says everyone always backs Peter but he always lets everyone down! Since when?! Peter's not the one trying to destroy the world! All Peter's life, he's helped people, even before he had powers, people believe in him because he's good and true. Nathan is easily influenced, just like Peter accused him of being, a puppet. Knox picks up his fear but gets too close, Nathan is not someone to underestimate. Tracy kills Knox without even a shred of remorse, only a quip – she's every inch the killer Jessica was. Guess it runs in the family, I can't wait to meet Barbara, what is she? A serial killer?! As always, what fantastic taste Nathan has in women (the obvious exception being Heidi, she was a sweetheart).

Ando's power has a surprise component – it gives a temporary but incredibly powerful jump to a person's power! Ando and Daphne manage to go back for Hiro – which is how the formula gets torn in two. Yet again, history doesn't change. However, Hiro and Daphne manage to get the formula from Tracy and destroy it.

Tracy is the perfect politician – she tries to convince Nathan to grab the formula and run but she doesn't know him at all. Nathan never runs from a fight and he won't leave without confronting Peter. Peter and Flint's destruction of the lab lets Mohinder get covered in the formula, healing him. Nathan has gone insane!!! He didn't just hit Peter twice, he was going to kill him!! I never thought I'd see the day Nathan would actually hurt Peter! Flint starts a fire that separates Peter and Nathan but traps Nathan. Peter finds an unbroken dose of the formula and takes it. Peter can fly again, saving Nathan! "Why'd you save me?" "Because you're my brother and I love you." "It's not what I would have done." He's turned into Arthur and he's turned against the person he loves most in the world.

Sylar finishes toying with everyone else and goes for his real target, Angela. She admits everything, she's not his mother, she needed his skills but she does know who his real parents are. Angela plays a dangerous game, holding out. Claire stabs Sylar in the back of the head with the glass, just like with Peter. Meredith holds on as long as she can but explodes the building.

Volume 3: 'Villains' is complete and Pinehearst destroyed, but is the future fixed? The answer? No.

Volume 4: 'Fugitives': Three weeks later, Nathan goes to the president and exposes everyone! By preventing the alternate timeline, it's reverting to the original history!!! Where Nathan turns against his own kind and starts rounding people up!! Sylar made this exact accusation in the future to Peter who called him a liar but it's actually true. Nathan really is the bad guy.

I am heartbroken. I cannot believe Nathan would do this.
  • Finally, the last episode of the season, and I couldn't be more psyched for it.

Finally, the last episode of the season, and I couldn't be more psyched for it. Warning, spoilers contained below.

So we get a little bit of a different start this time around as Sylar does the opening monologue, nice touch I thought, given the current circumstances and it being the final episode of the season. Early on we see Sylar taking on an almost Saw like role, trapping Claire, Noah, Meredith and Angela so as to play with them and make them monster's like they made him. One thing for sure about this episode, the writers made it pretty intense. Sure the Saw like connection might have been a bit of a rip off, but it worked very well with the story line, and it was very interesting to watch. So it seems Ando has some sort of super charging power, which he can use to make others powers stronger. I thought volume three ended brilliantly, still left some characters in play, but at least some were killed off. Now we just have to hope they are gone for good, so we can move on and see how things continue in the next chapter. In the peak at the volume to come, we see that Peter's choice to save Nathan was a bad idea, as Nathan plans to round up all the people with powers and lock them away. How I wonder though, as how can normal people lock up such powerful beings? Well, I guess we will find out, and I can't wait.
  • a suspenseful midseason finale

It's here. The midseason finale. It's been a bumpy half season, full of highs and lows, the best so far being Our Father and the worst being The Eclipse Part Two, where the crew resorted to story cannibalism in order to survive. Criticism for this season has been Heroes' highest. The staff of Heroes has taken notice of all these criticisms and have decided to revise next volume. I hope it's worth it. I did like this episode although it didn't feel quite complete as a season finale. Since this midseason was treated as a full season, that would have been the method to go. Instead, it just ends up feeling somehow anticlimatic, and a lot of times it feels like the Heroes staff has blown through the rest of this midseason and decided to write it off. That's not to say it isn't still exciting and it is a major improvement from the Season Two finale. The episode opens with Peter standing over Arthur's dead body. Nathan walks in and sees the damage. Peter tells him what's happened and it's time to end the formula. Nathan refuses, he believes the formula can do good, that his work is noble. If Peter has a problem with that, he can kill Nathan. Now that Arthur is dead, Nathan seems willing to fill his place. He's totally committed to seeing the vision of "goodness" fulfilled. Now Peter and Claire are the only sane people left in the Petrelli family. Peter doesn't kill Nathan, he loves Nathan too much, but he's willing to knock Nathan out. It's time to finish it. He storms into the lab where Mohinder is and starts to destroy the formula. Mohinder protests but Peter is joined by villains Knox and Flint, willing to help Peter because once everyone has powers, they won't be special anymore. Hey, a villain helping a hero can be a good ally. Claire, Angela, Noah, and Meredith try to get to Pinehearst to help Peter but are stuck in Primatech due to Sylar. Sylar is fully-charged and fully embracing being back to a villain. No more self-doubt, he knows what he is and he doesn't care anymore. No holding back. It's time for revenge on those who wronged him: Angela, the woman who tricked him into believing she was his mother and Noah, Sylar's nemesis that helped make Sylar into a monster. Nemesis Claire and her biological mother Meredith are not exempt. Sylar's method of revenge can be comparable to The Joker in The Dark Knight, in a much smaller, Heroesish way of course: show these heroes that they have a button to push, prove to them that they are evil like him. Noah is willing to sacrifice a few villains to get Sylar weakened. Claire is tasked to choose between grandmother Angela or adoptive father Noah. Kill Angela or Noah will die. Claire opts for a third option: in a semi-dramatic move, shooting the phone and letting Angela and Noah live. Angela is perfectly cool in the situation, she thinks she still has enough control to get under Sylar's skin. Ando, Daphne, and Matt look for a way to save Hiro in the past. Daphne swipes the formula from Mohinder, who's still trying to cure himself, and Ando injects it into him. He has a power now. Of course, his power turns out to be the red lightning shown in the future. Not to worry, for Ando's ability has the useful gift of supercharging heroic abilities. In the case of Matt, it extends his mindreading. With Daphne, she can go fast enough to bend time. Time to retrieve Hiro. In the past, Hiro uses his past self to get to the formula and confronted by his creeped father, he tears the formula in half, right when Daphne saves him, which is how the formula was split up in the first place. Hiro comes to the present to a happy Ando and Hiro is shocked to learn Ando is a hero now. He still needs to get the formula, so he and Daphne rush to retrieve it from Pinehearst. Peter is causing some major damage with the formula and Mohinder is trying to goad Peter to stop, saying that he's joining with villains, how could he? Hypocrite. Knox binds Nathan and kills Scott but Knox is froze-cut by Tracey. She's out for self-interest but her involvement with Nathan ends. Nathan fires her. Tracey tries to steal the formula but Hiro and Daphne intervene. For the second time, Hiro is called Pikachu. Funny. Both stop Tracey and take the formula. Hiro tears it up. It's gone. Flint, going rogue, wants to kill Mohinder but Peter won't let him. Flint sets the lab on fire while Mohinder gets a dose of the formula, curing him. Nathan walks in to try to kill Peter but he's stopped by the explosion. Still caring for his brother, Peter decides to inject himself with the formula and flies Nathan out of the explosion. If Peter has his original ability back or just flight, it's hard to say. Sadly, it's probably the latter. Nathan blows through Peter's heroics, Peter stopped a good thing from happening in Nathan's view. He's now the enemy. He flies away. Peter will regret saving him. At Primatech, Sylar uppes the game. After wasting Doyle and other villains, he injects Meredith with adreniline and traps her and Noah in a room where Meredith can't control her flames. Claire looks to save Noah and her and is successful in holding back their deaths. She and Noah walk away to find Angela, promising her mother she will come back for her. Angela is trapped by Sylar, looking for some revenge and some answers. Angela finally admits that she used Sylar and she didn't have his interests at heart. Of course not. She's not his mother. Hoping to stop Sylar from killing her, Angela reveals she knows who his real parents are. Sylar still wants to kill her. He's "killed" by Claire, stabbing glass in the back of his head. Like he's going to stay dead. In the meantime, Claire is moving away from her innocence. She goes back to save Meredith but it's too late. Meredith can't hold back her powers anymore. The building's going to blow. She tells Claire to get out. The building explodes, Claire, Noah, and Angela looking. Poor Claire. Her real mother's dead and her real father's gone evil. Mohinder escapes the Pinehearst explosion and walks away with a rogue Tracey. Nathan, he makes a final betrayal that cements him as the next villain. He betrays all the heroes. Why? If he can't select who heroes are anymore, he can eliminate all the heroes against him and the superpowered villains. Win, win. The world will be safe without the superpowered "freaks". He uses his senator position to inform the President, ironically in of current events is African-American, of current hero wherabouts. The heroes are to be hunted down and experimented on. Now that the formula future is gone, the first season future becomes a reality. Uh-oh. Even though the finale didn't feel extremely complete and a bit rushed, it brillantly sets up the next volume. The heroes face new issues. In a X-Men-ish scenario, they will be branded as freaks, traitors and threats, be exposed to the normal world as such, become isolated and abused. There are very few actual human main characters anymore with Ando and Mohinder aquiring powers. Hiro and Ando are still friends but there will be tensions with Ando's new powers and there's no guarentee Ando won't be corrupted. Will Hiro get a power again? Claire will move away from her more-innocent self. Peter is now the only normal person in the relative Petrellis and I think he will have to face, even kill Nathan. And the heroes will have to band together if they are to survive this hunt. Heavy stuff. Hopefully, Season Three Part Two will deliver.
  • This was a great ending before the big break.

This was a great ending before the big break, but it wasn't quite what I had expected. I thought that there would be a big fight between nathan and pete, and I kinda wish there would have been. I liked the way it played out but I think it would have been cooler to have had a big fight. I love how sylar held everyone captive in the building it was a great idea for the story line. I think that hiro's bestfriend has a sucky power. I would have hated to get it if I was him. It fits his charater but it's just not that cool it's like he is always a sidekick.
  • This show really shined. Great gateway into Fugitives, and wrapped up most loose ends while still leaving enough question to leave us thirsty for more.

I thought this was an excellent episode. It completely reminded me of the first season. It left us with questions. How are Hiro and Ando going to exist now that Ando has powers and Hiro doesn't? Plus knowing the future of what happens to them. Is Meredith and Sylar really dead? What's going to happen with Mohinder? Lots of great twist endings. It was good to see evil Sylar back, and Claire and Noah working together again. Good to see Mohinder return to normal and Peter regain his powers. I thought it accomplished so much in a mere hour. Great show, looking forward to fugitives. Plus, I'm happy Michael Dorn is playing the president. Great casting.
  • Conclusion of volume 3 leading to volume 4. Loads of questions answered and even more asked.

This episode actually wrapped up volume 3 pretty well. There have been problems getting Heroes back to season 1 standards, we all know that. Hopefully this episode cleared the path for a great set of episodes for volume 4. They implied Sylar is dead, but that's happened before and look what happened! Losing Meredith and the level 5 people is not so bad. The show will benefit from concentrating on the core characters once again. I loved Ando's new power, there must be plenty of story milage there for the future. Overall, a satisfying conclusion leaving us in anticipation of what will happen next.
  • I'm sorry but this was a great finale!

Outstandingly good special effects, the menacing Sylar getting heroes on lockdown, the surprisingly calm Angela, Hiro "K.O.ing" Tracey, the heart-breaking exit for Meredith, Ando gaining awesome powers and Mohinder isnt ugly anymore all are contributing factors that made this the best IMHO volume ender - not finale remember! - Heroes has ever done.

Volume 1 lacked a Sylar/Peter fight & Volume 2 had not enough action scenes but Volume 3 had everything from Daphne runing into the past to Hiro being called Pikachu! Well Done and doesnt Volume 4 look promising but when did Nathan turn into such a baddie?
  • It's not better than Season 1 finale. But I still like this one.

The idea of burning Primatech and Pinehearst down seemed ridiculous and were coincidentally done by the fire-powered siblings. This can only mean that the next volume will be better and organization-free. This episode keeps me wondering what happened to the injected soldier, Meredith and Hiro's ability. There are a few questions that confuse me, however.

1) Every time a Hero or Villain got shot, there was so many blood on the floor. Is that even necessary? Arthur got shot. But how come there could be so much blood poured out from 1 wound?

2) Why the villains Arthur and Doyle remind me of the famous author of Sherlock Holmes?

3) Ando knew how to imitate Hiro's facial expression in order to time travel. He even taught the amnesiac Hiro to. Why should he still act like he doesn't know?

4) This is the most interesting one. I watched this episode twice. I discovered that the formula that splashed on Mohinder had no catalyst. Arthur put his hand onto a transparent container, and then got killed. He didn't manage to insert the catalyst into the bigger one. In spite of all these, I will still give this episode a 10. Wishing for a better one in Volume 4.
  • Nathan and Peter face off in Pinehearst while Sylar locks down at Primatech Claire, Angela, Meredith and Noah. Matt, Ando and Daphne try to rescue Hiro who is stuck in the past 16 years ago and the sotry arc of Villains comes to a shocking finale.

The last chapter of volume 3 closes all loosed ends and opens up new stories for the fourth volume entitled "Fugitives". Matt, Ando and Daphne reach Isaac's loft (and Mohinder's lab for this volume) in order to retrieve the formula and give Ando an ability that could save Hiro who is stuck in the past sixteen years ago. When they can't find anyone there, Daphne runs to Pinehearst and steals a vial with the formula. Returning, Ando injects himself with it and gains an ability; he can now supercharge others' abilities. Supercharging Matt, Matt can hear the thoughts of people in the entire city. Supercharging Daphne, Daphne is able to go just a split second back in time. Now, supercharging Daphne long enough both Ando and Daphne travel to the past sixteen years ago, where Hiro is. Meanwhile, Hiro gets off the pole he was hanging from and finds his child self. Together they find the formula as it was sixteen years ago. At that moment, Kaito finds them and tries to stop Hiro from destroying as he is its guardian. When Hiro tears the formula in half, Ando and Daphne appear and take him back to the present. Hiro tells them that he needs to destroy the formula and together with Daphne they head to Pinehearst where they take the formula from Tracy and destroy it.
    Nathan appears where Sylar killed Arthur and Peter is over his father's body. An argument between them ends up with Peter knocking Nathan off his feet. Then Peter leaves to destroy the formula and there he finds Mohinder ready to inject himself with it. When Peter tries to stop him, Mohinder attacks and at that point Knox and Flint appear. Appearantly, Knox and Flint don't want people gaining abilities as those who already have them will not be so special in the end. So they help Peter destroy Mohinder's lab. Knox leaves in order to keep Nathan put so he won't interfere in Peter's work but Tracy shows up and kills Knox by freezing and shuttering him. Tracy tries to put sense into Nathan so they can leave together from Pinehearst with the formula and start over but Nathan refuses. Flint and Peter pour the formula, which some of it ends on Mohinder which heals him. Nathan finds his brother and in the ensuing fight, Flint fires up the place. Peter injects himself with the last strain of the formula and gains an ability which allows him to fly off with his brother, before Pinehearst explodes. On the other side, Sylar locks down Angela, Noah, Claire and Meredith when they are heading off to Pinehearst. He informs them that he has killed Arthur and that he wants to make them show their monstrous self to each other. Sylar mentally tortures the four characters until Claire and Angela lock themselves in Angela's office and Noah with Meredith free the only three Level 5 prisoners from their cells; Eric Doyle (the puppetmaster), Danny Pile (the guy who could become steel) and Echo DeMille (with the ultra sound voice seen in webisode Going Postal). Danny and Echo are killed by Sylar (and we don't know if Sylar got their powers although it doesn't seem so). Meredith is attacked by Sylar but Eric tries to stop him who proves no match for our serial killer. He knocks down Eric and injects Meredith with adrenaline and puts her in a cell. Noah goes to her rescue but he is also locked with an adrenaline induced Meredith who can't seem to get control of her fire shooting power which keeps burning hotter and hotter. When Angela and Claire go to rescue them, Angela is taken by Sylar while Claire tries to help her father and her biological mother. Noah and Claire escape and go to save Angela from Sylar. Sylar is interrogating Angela using his newly gained ability of lie detection. With that, he finds out that Angela was using him because she needed someone with abilities and reveals to him that she knows where his parents are; his real parents. At a moment where Sylar gets angry and frustrated, Claire stabs Sylar at the back of his head using a shattered glass and the lock down comes to an end. With Angela and Noah leaving Primatech safe and sound, Claire makes one final attempt to save Meredith, but she tells her its futile. Claire leaves as well and an explosion leaves a knocked out Sylar inside and Meredith's life at stake. Exciting enough episode, it does seem like a volume finale but definitely not a season finale. The sneak peek of volume four shows a revengeful Nathan three weeks later giving to the USA President all the information he may need so he can put away people with abilities as they are a threat to humanity.
    Key facts: Sylar was stabbed and left in the fire. I didn't notice it the first time around. His fate is left on the balance. Eric was also inside Pinehearst another character we don't know if he has died. Enjoy!
  • I tried to type out "Ando got his powers" and found that I couldn't do this without giggling maniacally. Huh.

I cheered. I laughed. I stopped breathing. And I finally did NOT scream at something stupid. Why? Because Heroes might FINALLY be BACK. Ando got his powers. Happiness like I have never known. A human battery is beyond awesome and so totally matches his character. I can't help but wonder what would happen if he used it on normal people. Probably would set their nervous system all out of whack and they'd die or something. It's so freaking cool.

We all know Sylar's not really dead, because Sylar cannot die. He is like Chuck Norris. Only, you know, not as invincible. It's great to see psycho Sylar. I've missed him so. I miss Elle, too.

AHAHA! Hiro is offically awesome for the Pikachu thing. I really have nothing else to say except the following: HRG, I love you no matter what, Claire... nice job. There, I said it. I'll miss Meredith, I will. Ha ha, Eric Doyle. Ha. Nathan, shut up, Peter, I kind of love you now, and finally, WHY is SURESH still ALIVE???

Til next year, everyone.
  • Lines drawn in the sand.

This just gets more interesting and challenging. The big question is still who's right and who's wrong. Which side is the good side and on the right path. We see strength in several of our Heroes. Claire, Peter, Daphne and Matt. Ando makes a choice but is it the right one or will it cost him his life. Suresh, seems cured, but will it be permanent and at what price. Nathan and Peter are on opposite sides but are their motives in the right place. Tracy having her own adgenda begins a new recruitment phase. Sylar is a force to be reckoned with but is he the basis for decisions being made. It will be interesting to see how our Heroes and Villians continue to unravel.
  • Felt like everything ended too fast.

They took too long to build up the formula end of the world scenario just to rip it down so quickly. How can they brush off something they worked so hard to get us worried about. Nathan's change of opinion seemed unnatural. He was ready to build an empire on the formula and then almost immediately changes his mind.

What is up with the next season. We have seen this before. Nathan's plan is to do exactly what "the company" Primatech did by locking up heroes, except now it's the federal government.

Sylar's reign of evil was way too short lived. I hope he comes back but I can't believe he got ganked so early after he finally became badass again. I guess we'll find out next season.

Looking forward to volume 4 nonetheless. No matter how bad they mess up, I can't help but remain attached to these characters. It must be the awesomeness of season 1 still not out of my system.
  • Sylar goes Saw on Primatech .

It's was a good ending for this volume it had some mistakes but all in all it was a pretty exciting episode. First of all Arthur only use the catalyst on a small vial of the formula not in every one in the lab so Mohinder and Peter shouldn't be affected. Secondly , if Peter regained his powers he shoildn't have the scar in his cheek. I didn't like either that Knox and Flint suddenly started working for Peter and also that Ecko die without even saying a word when they did a Webisode mini series detailng his background. I like what Sylar did at Primatech it was exciting and it looked like a manhunt.It reminded me a lot to Saw I swear I thought he was gonna say :" Live or die Noah it's your choice" it was kind of creepy. Peter and Nathan are ready for a showdown and a big confrontation in " Fugitives". As far as Ando's power I think is kind of cool and know it kind of makes sense Ando attacking Hiro when he traveled to the future , maybe he was just trying to teleport him. I think this season achieved the sense of duality in the characters and showed us that in the Heroes world not everything is black and white but they kind of gave one step back according to character development, they need to focus on that in the next chapter.
  • A very good one before the break..

I really enjoyed this episode. Sylar keeping everyone trapped at Primatech was nicely done. A few things caught my attention tho.. Like what happened to the Haitian. Didn't he go after Sylar after Arthur got that bullet into his forehead? Sylar, apparently went through the door Arthur came in, which wasn't the exit and ended up at Primatech while Peter was down on his knees looking at his father and then talking to Nathan.. Another thing, Claire trying to use the phone without luck. Hmm, guess nobody had a cell phone.. such an expensive thing.. lol

Anyways, a fine episode nonetheless. Nate and Pete fighting each other and yay, finally Peter getting his power back!!
< 1 2