Heroes

Exposed

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Mar 02, 2009 on NBC

• I'm really curious to see how our heroes get out of the mess Nathan has made, but Angela's secret may be the key.

This episode is quite a relief, Nathan finally admits he has messed up and is desperately trying to fix it. Danko's out of control and tries to kill Peter so Nathan must expose himself to save him. I'm so glad the writers have kept Nathan on the edge, never fully villain, so that he can find redemption. I never stopped loving him though there were times he did break my heart, but looks like he's almost back on the straight and narrow.

Danko announces to his team that he's given the go-ahead for lethal force. Nathan just cannot be ruthless when it comes to his family, between Claire and Peter, they have him wrapped around their fingers. I love that, Nathan still loves Peter that much despite the current rift between them. I have no doubt the rift will be fixed in season 4, Heroes just isn't Heroes without Peter and Nathan as brothers AND best friends.

Bennet appears to side with Danko against Nathan but I never bought it. Bennet's protected Peter for Nathan too many times. Rebel contacts Peter and Matt with Daphne's location and warns them to run just as agents come through the back door. The agent takes video of the painting on the floor which will no doubt reinforce Danko's views.

Claire gets caught with Alex in her bedroom. Where Sandra picks up Mr Muggles with the sandwich in his mouth is absolutely hilarious! I am honestly bewildered about why Claire lied about Alex being her boyfriend. Her mother knows everything else, she would be sympathetic. Alex is completely spineless and 'fesses up. I wish they'd stop lying to her, she's proven over and over that she's strong and capable and not the wilting flower Noah thinks she is. Look at the change in her since he stopped erasing her memories, she is one very cool lady – fake ID! What neither Claire nor Noah seem to get is she doesn't object to this dangerous life, it's the lies that she can't accept. If Noah had told her the truth, she probably wouldn't have kicked him out.

Matt can be so incredibly stubborn! Instead of listening to common sense which says 'Hide!', he insists on going after Daphne now. Peter has to give up flying to get Matt's powers which will get them into the building but ruins their exit. They actually just walk into building 26! Their mind mojo works great on guards but doesn't work on video cameras! All it takes is one alert tech… which there is but surprise, the boys reprogrammed the guards to protect them. Which works long enough for them to copy files but Noah's unique knowledge finds their weakness and Matt is captured.

Luke is seriously starting to annoy me, he's whining every five minutes, don't know how Sylar stands it. Sylar doesn't have many memories of his real father but he recognizes a restaurant: Flashback 1980: When 'ownership' of little Gabriel was switched to his uncle. His father and mother argued in the car and his father had telekinesis – killed her exactly like Sylar kills!! Thank goodness, Sylar gets tired of Luke and ditches him.

Sandra really does know more than we thought, even where Noah had a secret compartment. Even the agents couldn't find Alex. Claire shouldn't have gone with Alex, then they could deny knowledge. She goes with him and they get captured, even Nathan can't protect her. Clever to hide at the bottom of the pool but could have backfired if they knew Alex's power, which apparently they don't. Very nice kiss but there's no real chemistry between them so didn't do much for me.

Nathan starts to suspect Angela of being 'Rogue' but she knows which side her bread is buttered on. Nathan is the only thing keeping her out of custody. Danko is openly defying Nathan now, branding Peter a terrorist. There is a light at the end of the tunnel – Noah is still on our side!! Danko shot Peter but Nathan caught him!!! Nathan admits he screwed up but is sure he can fix it and he truly is the only one who can. He is the only one who cares whether those with abilities live because he has an invested interest, his family and himself, but everyone else involved would rather take the easier and more efficient route: kill them all, quick and quiet. Peter just doesn't trust him though he knows Nathan loves him. Nathan's broken his word too many times. Poor Peter, in pain and close to tears, hugs his big brother. Nathan would have followed when he took off but Angela told him some sort of secret and looking shocked, Nathan looks after Peter. The future has changed and it's something to do with Peter?

Peter turned over the footage to the news networks. The footage only showed the prisoners but no mention of abilities, did Peter deliberately not release that? Expose the agency without exposing them?

The source of the explosion in Washington is Matt! Did Danko see Nathan, has he figured it out yet? He was already suspicious when Nathan showed up so quickly when Peter had a gun to Danko's head. Danko wraps Matt in dynamite and drops him off, which is deeply shocking… oh, wait, wasn't there a painting of this or something? Danko's finally lost it – the point of 'showing people how dangerous they are' is to show their abilities are dangerous, ANYONE is dangerous wrapped in dynamite!!

And the final scene is about the weirdest we've ever seen – Doyle, of all people, comes to Claire for help, sent by Rebel! Seriously this guy gives me the major creeps, he is so sleazy.

Favorite scenes:
    - Nathan, Peter and Angela together again, starting to act like a family again. We even get a hug, even if it was just Peter taking Nate's powers. I see a reconciliation in the future! Yay!
    - Matt and Peter just stroll into Building 26 and take control, that was extremely cool! Walking side by side, using the same powers then taking control of the guards to contain Nathan and the team. Awesome!

The hunted are running out of options but have some strange bedfellows and a mystery ally. We're obviously closing on the finale and the only thing that makes sense is that Angela's secret is somehow the key to saving them. The mysterious Rogue appears to be on our side and it's clearly someone with inside knowledge so it's quite possibly someone we know. Hard to know how this will end which is new for Heroes.