Heroes

Five Years Gone

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Apr 30, 2007 on NBC

Episode Fan Reviews page 6 of 6

• Save the cheerleader. Save the world? Or not.

Wow, what a great episode. The possibilities explored in this future Heroes episode was incredible. When Future Hiro returns to his own timeline he discovers that New York City was still destroyed, despite his warning to Peter.

How has the future changed though? As it turns out, Peter was able to save Claire but in the process changed the future so that he was the bomb instead of Sylar and that Nathan made the story that it was Sylar.

There are some major shocks in this episode including Sylar being Nathan.

Overall it was an amazing episode and I was completely shocked by how the story turned out. The question now becomes, is the future set in stone, or is there a possibility to change all this?

I guess we'll find out later in the season.
  • Pivotal, Revealing, Alternate reality, Adventurous, A very special episode, Character development, Well Written, Fine example, Series classic, Cleverly plotted, Another great installment, Above average, Exciting, Informative, NERVE-WRACKING!!!

I just had to include all the classifications and still it was so much more than that. Oh, my God. There is no other show in the world that makes every episode my favorite. This episode was another demonstration of the genius mind of Tim Kring. Every minute there's one big thing happening. It's like that part in a movie that you wait in the edge of your seat for, but you don't have to wait one hour and a have. You just wait a couple of seconds and there's a new one. This show is definitely not apt for people with heart problems. My heart's stil racing. Peter has the scar Future Hiro talked about early in the season and on top of that he's Nikki's new boyfriend. (How the heck did that happen?)

Nikki won over Jessica and she hasn't been around for a long time.

D.L., Micah and Ando all died when the bomb went off.

Future Hiro is considered a terrorist and is obsessed with changing time because of Ando's death. Matt and the Haitian are chasing the "bad" heroes. Mr. Bennet is helping the "good" heroes.

Claire has changed identities and residences a few times and now is about to get married. Matt takes her to Nathan (her biological father) and he kills her.

Mohinder is working along with the president (Nathan) on a cure for the heroes.

Sylar killed Nathan, D.L. and Candice (the girl who can create illusions) and now is impersonating Nathan who got elected president.

With this breif summary of this episode one can only say "WOW!!!" This show keeps getting better and better. I can imagine what I'm going to do without it in the time between seasons let alone if they decide to create any more hiatus.
  • WTF!!SPEECHLESS!!!

this was the best 1 hr of television ever ....

Heroes is just getting better & better ..... every episode...

& i was saying to my self the show is predictable ... this episode proved me f**cking wrong...

stylar has the world in the palms of his hands ... WOW!!!

this show left me with many question:

so where is nathan & linderman and the other heroes?
    how did stylar survive ..... strange
    how did this love relationship with peter & niki come about ...
    who the hell is this little girl .. is she the one nathan saved in the pilot eps...

got lots of other questions ..............

heroes is the #1 show ... best show ever created .....

waiting in anticipation for the next episode >>

I'll say it again ...... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The best hour I have spent watching TV in the last year.

My heart is still beating, my palms are sweaty, my eyebrow is twitching and I am shaking all over, thats the effect that the last hour of television has had on me. What was I watching you ask? the 20th episode of the best thing on television since, since, since [insert past favorite show here]. I was watching Heroes!

This episode has everything a fan of the series could have wanted; action, surprise, emotions, death, advancing storyline, destruction and plot twists. I will not spoil it but lets just say all major characters are either dead or involved in this episode, all acting is top notch and the ending will have you screaming like a love starved chimpanzee while jumping around your living room!
  • Five years later, who is good? Who is bad?

In the future, everyone thinks it was Sylar who exploded, and therefore, he was gone. Sylar's explosion caused a riff in America, everyone being afraid, everyone so paranoid. Nathan is president...or at least we thought so. Turns out, Sylar did not explode (of course, Peter did) and Sylar killed Nathan to become president. The reveal of that (Claire being killed) was a shocker, even though I knew shape-shifting was a major power, it took me by a surprise.

Peter Petrelli has a major scar after exploding and hooked up with Niki (presumably after Jessica was gone). Hiro lost his best friend Ando. They are terrorists, but even with that title, they seem to be on the side of young Hiro and Ando. I gotta say, Masi Oka who plays Hiro is better suited as being optimistic than really angsty.

On the other hands, Matt Parkman and Mohinder Suresh works for the president, and yet, they are seemingly the 'bad guys'. Thank goodness Suresh turned against the presidency and injected the Haitian with poison. But Parkman...oooh Parkman...kills old Hiro just as he was about to teach young Hiro how to transport back in time.

Still not sure which side you could put Horn-Rimmed Glasses, but since he tried to warn Claire and got killed for it, I'd say he's a good. I LOVE CLAIRE as a brunnette. I wonder if we ever get to see her fiance in the renewed future? Great many possibilities. If we kill Sylar, how many of those things will still happen?
  • Best. Episode. Yet. (spoilers follow..)

Oh my gosh this was fantastic. There was soo much going on! I can't believe how many people are dead after the bomb. So many people have changed! Nathan is dead. DL and Micah too. Parkman is really bad and Sylar (is that how you spell it?) killed Nathan and is masquerading as him in order to be president. Wow. And apparently he killed DL and I wouldn't be surprised if he killed Micah also. My mind is spinning after watching it! I really can't wait until next Monday to see what is going on..So awesome!! I can't wait to see what happens with Peter and Sylar..
  • Amazing episode.

ar.Heroes is an amazing show. This episode was amazing. We learn that lots of the Heroes die in the future. Because the explosion and because of Sylar. Sylar was the president. Hiro died. Peter was super badass. Amazing episode. Hopefully, though Hiro goes back in time and stops this from happening. The future was not to bright for the heroes. But I beleive Hiro will save the future. Oh and by the way Save The Cheerleader meant nothing. Saving the cheerleader did'nt do anything at all. It was Peter who exploded not Sylar.
  • there has never been an episode in any television show in the history of the world that has achieved greater perfection than what i have just seen. i've never given a show a ten before, but this was just amazing

when are we gonna see a sylar vs peter fight that we can all be proud to watch?!?!?! they've been tiptoing around each other all season, sometimes fighting, other times running. but i have finally figured out why there was such a crappy fight beween sylar and peter during ".07%." the writers are saving this fight for the end of the season, and somehow this will lead to how peter will get his scar

but i'm getting ahead of myself. "String Theory" was by far the greatest heroes episode and something all fans have been waiting to see. After months of slow progression with rare displays of true power, we have been hurdled 5 years into the future, where everyone we know rocks. hiro mastered the sword, matt is a perfect mind reader, and best of all, peter finally stops being a little boy and uses his powers like a man. to say that this had me at the edge of my seat is an understatement. i was standing and cheering during this episode, and crying during the commercial breaks. usually i would say the show has nowhere to go but down, but i think that pretty soon, tv.com will have to change their ratings system for this show to make it go higher
  • Wow...

Thats all I can say is wow! The history is bleak but man...was it entertaining. It was very interesting to see what happens to each hero in the future and the outcomes of their future interactions. Nathan being Sylar totally caught me by surprised and overall this was a superb episode.

Some personal highlights for me was Peter, Hiro and Ando storming Homeland security, Sylar killing Claire (now he's unstoppable) and Niki's strip scene :p

I can't really say much more. This episode has blown my mind...Heroes is by far the best TV show on the air right now. This episode proves why!
  • This the greatest hour of television ever.

Well. Let me start off with two words. Holy and Crap. Some thoughts before I dive in:
    -Brunette Claire is even hotter
    -The Sylar twist is one of the greatest all time WTF?!?! moments -Future Peter is a TOTAL badass. So I'm not going to bother recapping this episode. I'm gonna tell you what's good, and what's bad. Good: Television is back. I mean. It is a good time to be a geek. I was thinking I was just gonna see Day of Future Past in live action. No sir. I got more than that. Far more. Character development, action, awesome SFX, additions to the mythology, etc. This episode was great because it could have just been a simple warning to Hiro to stop a possible future from happening. But we were able to get a lot of exposition and back story as well as development for Future Hiro, in addition to a great What If? story. And the Sylar twist? Perfection. Bad: The writing. My god the exposition is obvious. The dialog has been forced and painful throughout this series, and this episode is no exception. The long awaited Peter/Sylar showdown. A REAL letdown. Cool, but could have been so much more. The fact that this was only 40+ minutes long. This was an AMAZING hour of television, and I mean that.
  • Holy S***! That was soooooo amazing! I can't stop shrieking! Molly is the girl Matt saved in the very beginning and the episode from start to finish was so amazing! OH MY GOD! Spoilers************8

Wow, where to start. It was just so amazing. But first. Body count.
    Micha, DL, Candice, Haitain, Nathan, Jessica, Claire, Hiro, Ando.
    Everyone is practically dead! Matt has become a monster, sylar is still alive and I was so thrown to discover that he was pretended to be nathan, using Candice's gift to make him look different. Nikki has changed too, she's become harder, sadder. And Peter. Damn he is so hot!!!!!!!!!
    Start to finish 100 percent. Best episode/television I have ever seen. I'm glad they had commericals because I stopped breathing at points and during the commericals I would scream from all the tension and twists and OH MY GOD! Watch. Now.
  • OMG THIS SHOW IS AMAZING.

This is an incredible and pivotal show in the Heroes saga. Everything comes together. So many things were unveiled, so many H*** S*** moments. For about 3 minutes I was thinking "this is x-men 3" and then I get this huge slap in the face as the story takes this giant u-turn and I can not even explain to you how excited I am. You can not afford to miss this episode as many things you want to know and see happen. Even the glimpse of THE FIGHT that everyone wants made me excited. This show is blowing away all o f my expectations and this episode was no different.
  • Hiro and Ando travel 5 years to the future and find that things are different from what they used to be...

this episode is off the hook! Nathan is now the president, Matt is an agent and hunting down the heroes out there, Peter have the scar on his face and is all powerful, Nikki won the personality battle and is currently in a relationship with Peter, Claire has brown hair and is getting married to this Andy guy (isn't she only 21 by this time?), Hiro is considered a terrorist and the only one trying to change what happened 5 years ago.

the plot just gets better and better with the revelation that Nathan was really Sylar in disguise...he became the president and is in control of everything that is happening in the country. i have to say that i didn't see that coming...i was getting confused because Nathan was getting a bit out of character with the darker persona, but then it was revealed that he was Sylar after all. then he killed Claire...that was a bit of a shocker.

towards the end is where all the action takes place. Peter and Hiro battle it out with the homeland security and Sylar and Peter face off...Sylar with ice and Peter with nuclear energy, totally awesome ;) kudos to all the actors in this episode. it's full of action with a dramatic undertone, which warms this cold beating heart of mine. jk ^_^
1 2 3 4 5 6 >