Heroes

Five Years Gone

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Apr 30, 2007 on NBC

• I know there are those who didn't like this diversion into the future; I'm not one of them. The imaginative foreshadowing was a thoroughly engrossing return to form for this series.

What a mindblowing episode! I love the new, darker, kick-a$$ Future Hiro. And it was a brilliant stroke having Sylar impersonate Nathan as the POTUS. Claire's storyline is just so-so, but it's nice to see her included. Peter is fascinating as a future, darker character, and Parkman's future self is just scary. Some things don't change: Niki and Mohinder are still as boring and useless as ever. And where is Linderman in this vision of the future? There were still a couple of implausibilities, such as two Hiros occupying the same space and time- shouldn't that cause some kind of incursion? And, if the "9th Wonders" comic books predicting the future are out there and published, can't Sylar or anyone else just read them and know how to prevent the Heroes from saving the day? Minor quibbles- this was a really good episode.
Ink