Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Did you like the Finale?

CharmedOneP391

[1]Dec 29, 2010
    • level: 19

So although I do consider myself a fanboy of Heroes I'm not unaware of the obvious flaws. I just accepted the show for what it was..I knew everything would be messed up after (Kring? Universal? WGA Strike?) canceled the original volume 3 "Exodus" that whatever story he did have thought up was just thrown away to skip right along to 'Villains'.

Anyway...I was just wondering what fans (atleast people who stuck with the show until the end) or have watched it all the way through thought about the finale? I thought it was the best thing to happen to the show (Claire jumping off) since the 'Cold Snap'.

Volume 5 as a whole was in my opinion not as good as 'Fugitives' but the opening to Volume 6 I thought was what the show had been waiting to do..always showing futures where people with abilities have been outed in some way...and it finally happens and NBC cancels the show.

Would a low 13 episode final seasonorder to replace Undercovers or Chase that have both flopped...had been that bad of a choice?

Idk..I just always pictured the Series Finale of Heroes being the death of Sylar.

Edited on 12/29/2010 8:10am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[2]Dec 31, 2010
    • level: 32
    Personally I thought it was horrendous. Everything that could go wrong(in relation to the quality of the plot) did go wrong and Claire jumping off the building was just another vintage dumb Claire move as she once again fails to consider the prolific consequences of her actions.

CharmedOneP391

[3]Dec 31, 2010
    • level: 19

KingofIPirates wrote:
    Personally I thought it was horrendous. Everything that could go wrong(in relation to the quality of the plot) did go wrong and Claire jumping off the building was just another vintage dumb Claire move as she once again fails to consider the prolific consequences of her actions.

Yeaa i get that. I just liked the fact that people with powers were finally outed. I would've been happy if they would've had the balls to actually follow through with Samuels plan and them be outed that way. I liked what came out of the episode..but only a few scenes (noah/claire/tracy) actually stick out to me.

Adokensan

[4]Jan 4, 2011
    • level: 10

I liked the season finale, and agree that Heroes should get another season. Volume 6 would be awesome.

frosty_ice

[5]Jan 26, 2011
    • level: 24
    Personally, the finale was hideous. As a fan fo the series, I say that they should have given the show one more season to wrap it up. I mean, they did give Prison Break the chance to do that, and the show was worst than Heroes. So, here's my humble opinion; they should have given the series the opportunity to wrap up things, with another season, or maybe a movie. Heck, I would even be satisfied with a comic book narrating what happened after the series finale!

gatestudent

[6]Feb 17, 2011
    • level: 2

Hell to the NO!For one thing I only recently learned that it IS the finale.I learned it was far more enjoyable to wait for the box sets to come out and swallow the whole thing at once than to watch from week to week so for the last 2 years I have been doing just that.I finally got the year 4 box and said to myself screw it I don't care if i watch this in order I have to see what's going on this year...only to find out NOTHING is going on this year.I felt betrayed.With so much unresolved.....

JohnnyDrama8

[7]Feb 26, 2011

I think the show needs to be wrapped up if Farscape, Jericho and La Femme Nikita(Old Series)was allowed to why not Heroes.

Erekle_var_ra

[8]Feb 28, 2011
    • level: 8

i still don't get why they skipped exodus...

xXxBlueDragonxX

[9]Mar 19, 2011
    It was likely because Generations and Exodus kind of went hand-in-hand just like Villains and Fugitives. Generations and Villains are like the "cause" and Exodus and Fugitives were the "result", so to speak. It makes sense that they wanted to keep them together in the same season, but now we're left with this pain in the gut because we don't know what could have been.

Kadodian

[10]May 15, 2012
    • level: 23
    It was enjoyable to say the least, but it didn't do the show justice. It just didn't feel like a finale.