Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Heroes Vs. Smallville

SupermanNYC

[1]Sep 26, 2006
    • level: 45
    I know there are some true die hard fans of Smallville on this forum, so I wanna knows which show you think is better. Me being a big smallville fan, I must say this show has me hooked just like smallville
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ppistolj

[2]Sep 26, 2006
    • level: 9
    Well, Smallville is my favorite for now, i can't really decide with just one episode of Heroes aired, i will have clearer picture round fifth or maybe event 10th episode...

gmvail23

[3]Sep 26, 2006
    • level: 50

It's too early to say. I've loved Smallville since the begining. But the Heroes pilot was better than the Smallville one. I'm hoping I'll be able to say that I love them both.

tvatitsbest

[4]Sep 27, 2006
    • level: 2
    I never liked Smallvile i dont know what it is but i prefare Heroes already and they just aired only 1 episode, but i will have to wait until the end of the series then i will come back and let you know my final verdict of this show.

davinme

[5]Sep 27, 2006
    • level: 17

Smallville much better than Heros.  Heros seems to be a superhero show for the geriatric crowd.  God was it tedious!

*runs*

Jace17

[6]Sep 27, 2006
    • level: 4
    It's too early for me to decide, but I hope it turns out to be better (for me at least) than Smallville.

tal15manscm

[7]Oct 2, 2006
    • level: 7

In my opinion there is no contest.  Smallville by far.  Of course there have been 5 previous seasons to go on.  It also centers around the life of a superhero we all already know.  This show may take us a while to get used to.  Superman has many years behind him.  Heroes has one episode.

go_clo

[8]Oct 2, 2006
    • level: 19
    In my opinion, so far it's Heroes. No offence to any Smallville fans here but I am really getting tired of the repeated storyline and poor acting. I still watch it cause I really like Lex and Chloe but if it wasn't for them, I would stop watching the show. Heroes is fresh and seems like it has great potential along with great writing and acting. I wont know if I'm right to have made such a hasty decision so early on in the show but I have a pretty good feeling I won't regret my decision. I wont know until I see more I guess.

speedstr

[9]Oct 2, 2006
    • level: 1
    I would bet that this show won't last a full season

JoeMacbeth

[10]Oct 2, 2006
    • level: 14

I would say heroes at the moment as smallville, which i used to really love, has been on a downhill slide since season 4. Witches, vampires, the sheer absurd nature of late season 5-6, im hoping changes are made quick to save a one time great.

Seemongo

[11]Oct 2, 2006
    • level: 5
    Smallville is killing the Superman (and real fans) story line by making it like Dawson's creek/ The OC.i hope the show dies soon, and hopfully DC can recover from this horrid uses of the Superman image.

d3x0x

[12]Oct 2, 2006
    • level: 7
    Having only seen one episode of Heroes, I think it's too early to make a verdict. But I must say I'm impressed with Heroes so far, although I will always love Smallville. The season premiere of Smallville was as always awesome, hopefully they won't include vampires and such in season 6. Heroes has potential, so if they don't screw it up it will be great.

gmvail23

[13]Oct 2, 2006
    • level: 50
    Seemongo wrote:
    Smallville is killing the Superman (and real fans) story line by making it like Dawson's creek/ The OC.i hope the show dies soon, and hopfully DC can recover from this horrid uses of the Superman image.
    I am a real fan of Superman, I've been reading the comics for about 20 years. I also am a fan of Smallville, while I may not agree with some of the decisions the producers have made on the show over all I love it and I hope we get another couple of seasons out of the show. I can only hope that I still enjoy Heroes as much at the end of it's first season.
    Edited on 10/02/2006 9:33am

Jimbo-Jones

[14]Oct 2, 2006
    • level: 2

smallville has some of the worst filler episodes ive ever seen. I used to like it, but now I just fell like : The season premire and one episode after that are some good superman stuff, the rest are filler, and then the season finale is back to some good stuff. I might as well just start watching these episodes at the end and beginning of each season.

and Heroes seems like it wouldnt need any filler episodes. It also looks like it has the good enough writing and a good enough network where we can have some serious story lines. Im sick of these WB, or CW stories.

GATZ1000

[15]Oct 2, 2006
    • level: 39
    Its really to early to decide because when smallville first began i couldn't stand the show but after watching a few episodes i was hooked and the same will go with "Heroes" because you can't let one episode or even 3 decide which show is better. I have good predictions on the new season of "smallville" and for this show "Heroes"

cybernaut_ev

[16]Oct 2, 2006
    • level: 18

I think Smallville is a well-done show, gets you involved, and has great special effects and imagination.  The only problem with Smallville is it's getting old and stale.

I couldn't finish watching Heros.  Their superpowers seem rather bogus and diluted.  I mean one guy can fly.  Big deal.  A lot of superheroes can fly and do other things.  And just what does seeing your animated image in a mirror do?

The "heroes" don't come across cool at all.  They're just average boring Joes.

Soulse

[18]Oct 2, 2006
    • level: 4
    Sorry to the original poster here, but I don't really think anyone could have a single comparison to either show in the first place since theres only been one episode of "Heroes" and five seasons of "Smallville" which kind of renders this topic pointless.

Pedroff

[20]Oct 2, 2006
    • level: 6
    Heh SupermanNYC, you got my answer in the Smallville forums but anyway it does look promising.