TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Heroes Vs. Smallville

Bardoz

[41]Oct 5, 2006
    • level: 9
    Ive never seen this show, im gonna start to watch it tho since Rnaway is on Sunday now. This show was just given a full season too.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ontain

[42]Oct 5, 2006
    • level: 5
    i liked Heroes better because I feel like the plot is better. I like Smallville but I'm really over the clark and lana thing and really would like to see characters dealing with superpowers more realistically.

Rogue_Beeyatch

[43]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 23
    SupermanNYC wrote:
    Rogue_Beeyatch wrote:
    SupermanNYC wrote:
    Rogue_Beeyatch wrote:
    Heroes have a new show mystery advantage. Smallville is just like turtle on the back... They could rename it in Super-soap-opera.
    your views are so wrong, and with that said, I don't never see any post from you on the smallville forum and that tells me that you don't watch the show at all, so how can you even compare the two shows.

I don't like big forums, and I don't go to them. And, not that I need to explain myself to you (whoever you are), I have all the seasons of Smallville, and I've seen it so many times. So, don't you say that kinds of things to me. Smallville now is not bad, but compared to comic it is ridiculous. And I have no intention to continue arguing.
    LOL, you don't like big forums, but this one is big too. You say you got all of smallville's DVD seasons, and so with that said, that mean you seen every episode. You can bash a show on a different forum, buy the all season's DVD's but can't make a post about the show on that forum. Yet you're on this forum with just one topic about two different shows and talk bad about it. LOL, but you own every seasons of it. Wow, not bad.

You don't get it. I love Smallville. It's just that everyone are sleeping with everyone. And when I saw in season premiere that Clark wants Chloe now... Heroes are just new, fresh. That's why I chose it. But Smallville will always be in my first three shows. And, about the size of this forum... it wasn't this big few weeks ago... I haven't even noticed...

SupermanNYC

[44]Oct 6, 2006
    • level: 45
    Rogue_Beeyatch wrote:
    SupermanNYC wrote:
    Rogue_Beeyatch wrote:
    SupermanNYC wrote:
    Rogue_Beeyatch wrote:
    Heroes have a new show mystery advantage. Smallville is just like turtle on the back... They could rename it in Super-soap-opera.
    your views are so wrong, and with that said, I don't never see any post from you on the smallville forum and that tells me that you don't watch the show at all, so how can you even compare the two shows.

I don't like big forums, and I don't go to them. And, not that I need to explain myself to you (whoever you are), I have all the seasons of Smallville, and I've seen it so many times. So, don't you say that kinds of things to me. Smallville now is not bad, but compared to comic it is ridiculous. And I have no intention to continue arguing.
    LOL, you don't like big forums, but this one is big too. You say you got all of smallville's DVD seasons, and so with that said, that mean you seen every episode. You can bash a show on a different forum, buy the all season's DVD's but can't make a post about the show on that forum. Yet you're on this forum with just one topic about two different shows and talk bad about it. LOL, but you own every seasons of it. Wow, not bad.

You don't get it. I love Smallville. It's just that everyone are sleeping with everyone. And when I saw in season premiere that Clark wants Chloe now... Heroes are just new, fresh. That's why I chose it. But Smallville will always be in my first three shows. And, about the size of this forum... it wasn't this big few weeks ago... I haven't even noticed...
    I understand what you are saying here. As forum the forum, you have to understand that the show just airred two weeks ago. So that would explain the small views at that time. This show has really taken off and the forum got bigger. That was going to happen. I have to respect your point on this.

Rogue_Beeyatch

[45]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 23
    SupermanNYC wrote:
    I have to respect your point on this.

Well, thank you.

MoonOverSun

[46]Oct 7, 2006
    • level: 3
    There are similarities... but I think that HEROES will  be more fast paced. Clark's powers get stronger season after season... but in HEROES it's going to be episode after episode. Also, there are a lot of different people so it makes it more interesting. Not just super strength, speed, flight etc.

SupermanNYC

[47]Oct 8, 2006
    MoonOverSun wrote:
    There are similarities... but I think that HEROES will be more fast paced. Clark's powers get stronger season after season... but in HEROES it's going to be episode after episode. Also, there are a lot of different people so it makes it more interesting. Not just super strength, speed, flight etc.
    I can agree with this, and as the episodes goes on, it should put up at a faster pace.
    Rogue_Beeyatch wrote:
    SupermanNYC wrote:
    I have to respect your point on this.

Well, thank you.
    your more than welcome.

Pedroff

[48]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 6
    SupermanNYC wrote:
    Rogue_Beeyatch wrote:
    SupermanNYC wrote:
    Rogue_Beeyatch wrote:
    SupermanNYC wrote:
    Rogue_Beeyatch wrote:

I understand what you are saying here. As forum the forum, you have to understand that the show just airred two weeks ago. So that would explain the small views at that time. This show has really taken off and the forum got bigger. That was going to happen. I have to respect your point on this.

That's true.

SupermanNYC

[49]Oct 15, 2006
    Smallville still kick major butt as well. I'm hoping that by the time smallville ends, I will still have Heroes to watch. I sure this show will be on for a good 3 season.

gmvail23

[50]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 50
    SupermanNYC wrote:
    Smallville still kick major butt as well. I'm hoping that by the time smallville ends, I will still have Heroes to watch. I sure this show will be on for a good 3 season.
    I so hope your right about Heroes and it goes on for a long time.

desertsmiss

[51]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 14
    I was always keen on the whole "Superman" theme...One of my favorite shows was Lois & Clark...

Well, Smallville has gone SO BEYOND the real "superman mythology", spoiling everything (e.g. Lex in Smallville, Perry White, Lois, Jimmy...all of them visiting and some actually living in Smallville), that I really don't care that much for the show...

Right now, I really like Heroes...It has great potential!

GODHOOD

[52]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 17
    I still watch Smallville mainly because of Clark Kent and Lex, I mean it's a guilty pleasure at this point. It's amazing that the season premieres and finales are the best but the rest of the season is just okay. And isn't it about time Clark flies already, I know they said they would never do it, but seeing him do the Flash each week is getting tiring. Heroes on the other hand is written better (so far) and you can tell that the producers are planning out a good pilot. You also have multiple characters which is very difficult to do in a TV series, and they're doing a good job.

papajones

[53]Oct 15, 2006
    Heroes does it for me. I don't know why. It's probably because Heroes is a new show and I can watch it from the start and with Smallville, I really haven't invested enough watching time for that series ever. Plus with Smallville y'all pretty much know what's gonna happen in the end right? 

bigdisneyfan

[54]Oct 15, 2006
    hahaha imma have to say

HEROES!

because i don't have cable. it comes on nbc for me. i wish i had cable b/c i've seen smallville once or twice and i like that show.  but heroes is awesome too! theres so many stories to be told because of all the different main characters and their unique abilities! i love this show and i hate it when it ends...b/c i have to wait till next monday.

WhoIzAchay

[55]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 12
    Well Ive been following Smallville since day one, so If I had to choose I'd go with Smallville, but I happen to like Heroes so hopefully it will establish it self and in  5 years from now we'll still be talking about it.

iwatchitall

[56]Oct 15, 2006
    • level: 16
    I agree with JoeMacbeth that Smallville needs changes and the whole witches part was a dumb idea considering it deviates from the Superman storyline so much, but I believe the addition of the justice league characters has the potential to get the viewers onto a great macro plot rather than stupid green freak of the week episodes, which I'm sorry to say this last episode, Wither, was parallel to. Smallville has killed off too many great characters (Jonathon) and not killed the right ones (Chloe) and instead of building characters up once they introduce them they either opt to remove them (Alicia Baker) or not mention them (Mxyzptlk) and their storyline again. So far, Heroes has not done that. Come on now, if you actually thought about how many kids from Smallville died, there'd be no school left. I guess what I'm really trying to saying is, (sarcasm added) I miss Sarah Carter as teleportation girl. Hahahaha, all joking aside, Heroes has the mistakes of all the other superhero shows to learn from to easily become a better show than Smallville.
    Edited on 10/15/2006 8:36pm

kimchisucks

[57]Oct 16, 2006
    • level: 6
    I have watched Smallville since the beginning. So far in comparing season 1 of Smallville and season 1 of Heroes, Heroes gets my vote. Smallville used the same formula in every show.

If Heroes stays fresh, I think it will be a better show than Smallville. I can't stand how slow and boring the Smallville storyline has become.

SupermanNYC

[58]Oct 19, 2006
    iwatchitall wrote:
    I agree with JoeMacbeth that Smallville needs changes and the whole witches part was a dumb idea considering it deviates from the Superman storyline so much, but I believe the addition of the justice league characters has the potential to get the viewers onto a great macro plot rather than stupid green freak of the week episodes, which I'm sorry to say this last episode, Wither, was parallel to. Smallville has killed off too many great characters (Jonathon) and not killed the right ones (Chloe) and instead of building characters up once they introduce them they either opt to remove them (Alicia Baker) or not mention them (Mxyzptlk) and their storyline again. So far, Heroes has not done that. Come on now, if you actually thought about how many kids from Smallville died, there'd be no school left. I guess what I'm really trying to saying is, (sarcasm added) I miss Sarah Carter as teleportation girl. Hahahaha, all joking aside, Heroes has the mistakes of all the other superhero shows to learn from to easily become a better show than Smallville.
    The episode was called "Spell" and it was need because it showed that Clark can be hurt by magic. Also moving along to episodes after that where they showed more to the evil witch that was looking for the artafats! So dumb, maybe, but needed to fill in the gaps of things.

BobbyDrake

[59]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 1
    I am a big fan of Smallville. It is one of my favortie shows. But somehow I like this show more this season. It is more exciting and the characters are more interesting - new and different. This could be because Smallville is in its sixth year and they are retelling the Superman story that already has almost 70 years of history.  But I think Heroes has better storytelling. Only time will tell if this new show can keep up its greatness over the course of this season, and possibly future seasons to come.

chocomobo

[60]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 1

i think the tv.com rating of each show says it all. smallville (9.0) vs Heroes (9.3)

although it is still early days for heroes, so we will see where it goes. so far, so very good.

to me, smallville is another teen pop culture tv series. some like that though...