Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Heroes Vs. Smallville

krazy4crack

[61]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 51
    I like heroes better...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pougiepete

[62]Oct 22, 2006
    • level: 2
    No Fillers argument? Please... we're on the 4th episode of the 1st season of Heroes and Smallville is on its 6th season.

However, I won't deny the fact that Smallville has been on an overall downgrade in quality.

PaulinaFenton

[63]Oct 22, 2006
    • level: 10
    ive loved smallville for 3 years and i'd have to say i like smallville better at this point. we'll just have to wait and see though. after last weeks episode im really hooked onto heroes.

DCU_101

[64]Oct 22, 2006
    • level: 6
    There are both good shows in there own way. Heroes gives you the kind of real life thing. Where as smallville gives you that comic book like style.

DCU_101

[65]Oct 24, 2006
    WTF: Nathan flying and Clark still earthbound! I say Let him fly
    already. Lastnights episode of Heroes was awsome smallville fans. I say
    here we have to great shows .Thank god the are on different nights.This
    series is picking up. D.L walking through walls, just like kitty, hmmm,
    well I have to see whats up with that power. The fact that he was shown
    in the last 3 mins of the episode doen't give us much to go on. Peter
    don't have to get high like our dear friend Issac to see into the
    future and draw it. Hiro is just one funny guy, and his sidekick.
    Speaking of side kick, he did meet Nikki. Anyway another great show
    that I can't wait until the next episode. 

red_flava87

[66]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 28
    DCU_101 wrote:
    WTF: Nathan flying and Clark still earthbound!
    Life is a mystery !!

finalfightguy

[67]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 4
    I'd have to go with Heroes. Better writers and the special effects aren't cheap looking like those of Smallville.

FreakyDroid

[68]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 12
    Cheap looking effects in Smallville? Gimme a break dude. IMO Heroes is better that Smallville in every way, except in the special effects department.

rjx21

[69]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 3
    well it has better effects because its on NBC but anyways the real argument between the series revolved around two similar characters among the two shows:

Hayden Panattiere and Kristin KreuK:

They were/are both cheerleaders and they both are very pretty, like really really pretty lol

Considering i chose smallville over alias and the OC when all of them were shown at the same time, then smallville is still in my viewing list but heroes is very catchy and i am hooked on it as of now as well

DCU_101

[70]Oct 24, 2006
    FreakyDroid wrote:
    Cheap looking effects in Smallville? Gimme a break dude. IMO Heroes is better that Smallville in every way, except in the special effects department.
    I agree about the effects, I don't know about better. Well put it to you like this. They are both good shows in there own right. Smallville being the vet of the 2 shows and has more seasons under there belt. I'm calling it equal for now. I love the storyline for Heroes. I'm feeling the storyline for smallville as well. They glad to see you on this forum as well Freaky. I've heard about you and the others on the Smallville forum. Welcome.

finalfightguy

[71]Oct 24, 2006
    FreakyDroid wrote:

Maybe I was a little harsh but you've got to admit on some episodes the effects do look pretty crappy.

DCU_101

[72]Oct 24, 2006
    finalfightguy wrote:
    FreakyDroid wrote:

Maybe I was a little harsh but you've got to admit on some episodes the effects do look pretty crappy.
    I don't know about all of that. Smallville has Heroes beat in that department. As a true Smallville fan and Heroes fan, I'm only calling it as I see it and Smallville effects are totally awsome!

FreakyDroid

[73]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 12
    DCU_101 wrote:
    I agree about the effects, I don't know about better. Well put it to you like this. They are both good shows in there own right. Smallville being the vet of the 2 shows and has more seasons under there belt. I'm calling it equal for now. I love the storyline for Heroes. I'm feeling the storyline for smallville as well. They glad to see you on this forum as well Freaky. I've heard about you and the others on the Smallville forum. Welcome.

Thanks. IMO nothing tops Smallville in CGI department. However Heroes has better actors, awesome storyline, and the thing I like the most is that each episode of Heroes ends with a cliffhanger, unlike the loft scenes of Smallville which are getting ridicilous.

Ah and, Smallville has a better looking cast

finalfightguy wrote:

The only crappy effects were in the episode Wither with the vine chick. Perhaps the only show that can measure up to Smallvillle in the CGI department is Battlestar Galactica.
    Edited on 10/24/2006 6:59am
    Edited 2 total times.

DCU_101

[74]Oct 24, 2006
    FreakyDroid wrote:
    DCU_101 wrote:

Thanks. IMO nothing tops Smallville in CGI department. However Heroes has better actors, awesome storyline, and the thing I like the most is that each episode of Heroes ends with a cliffhanger, unlike the loft scenes of Smallville which are getting ridicilous.

Ah and, Smallville has a better looking cast
    I have to agree with you on that too.

mrn71

[75]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 55
    I've watched Smallville on and off over the years, but Heroes is a can't miss for me at this point. Early Smallville was way too formulaic with the Kryptonite villains while Heroes has me on the edge of my seat everytime wondering what is going to happen next.

DCU_101

[76]Oct 24, 2006
    The cliffhangers at every end of an episode has gotten me hooked. It got me in that I can't wait until nexy week kind of way. I like that.

ibyellow

[77]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 7

I'm with the Heroes crowd at the moment. I still love Smallville and think the first 4 episodes of season 6 have been the best start to a season smallville has done, especially with the added interest of Green Arrow, it showing where its heading towards Justice league wise. Wither wasnt the best of episodes but we got more of an idea about Olly.

But Heroes is the only show that really has me and all my family hooked. Only a couple of us are the slightest bit interested in superheroes so that shows (to me) that its getting interest from a wider audience.

JunaD

[78]Oct 24, 2006
    Smallville at it's best is almost as good as Heroes. Right now Smallville is not up to par. Given the choice I would watch Heroes over Smallville, no question.

gmvail23

[79]Oct 25, 2006
    • level: 50
    I love both shows. IMO Smallville has always been made with syndication in mind because the episodes a more stand alone and someone can pick up an episode here and there and still enjoy it. While Heroes is definately not for the casual viewer. If you miss an episode you risk being lost. Which is actually what makes me like Heroes more.

ikantdance05

[80]Oct 30, 2006
    I have been a smallville fan since the beginning of the show but IMO Heroes is 1000x better than smallville ever thougt of being.