NBC (ended 2010)

Heroes Vs. Smallville

electricpeppers

[161]Jul 6, 2008
    • level: 26
    purplepansy wrote:

Heroes!

Word!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hawksie

[162]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 9
    Heroes is an entertaining show, but I find it pretty overrated for what it's worth. Smallville is a lot better in comparison.

Chaospyro

[163]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 10

hawksie wrote:
    Heroes is an entertaining show, but I find it pretty overrated for what it's worth. Smallville is a lot better in comparison.

Sorry but I don't really agree with you about heroes being overrated. I thought season 1 of heroes was genuinely very, very good. Smallville was a very good show and I still watch it, but they have been derailing a bit in the past couple of seasons by trying to stretch it and also losing good cast members.

electricpeppers

[164]Jul 10, 2008
    hawksie wrote:

It really isn't. Unless you 'luv Clanaa!!11'

linusiuppsala

[165]Nov 7, 2008
    • level: 6

I think Heroes is to complicated and perhaps mythical. You have to spend so much time thinking about what you've actually seen Or is it just me which is unintelligent?

Perhaps, But I like smallville better. But now in the eight season I think I like Heroes more. I think the quality of Smallville has decreased ever since season 6,..I can tell the exact opposite about Heroes. I whould say the quality of Heroes has increased ever since Season 2

ionee24

[166]Nov 7, 2008
    • level: 32
    linusiuppsala wrote:
    I think Heroes is to complicated and perhaps mythical. You have to spend so much time thinking about what you've actually seen Or is it just me which is unintelligent?...

I said this on another thread but the trick is that Heroes has a way to hide key answers in plain sight in a way Smallville simply can't, it took the first season finale for the audience to realize that the Walker system was in fact Molly Walker, no one noticed that Taketo Kenzei's wicked ways were the perfect blueprint for Adam Munroe, that every painting of the once-and-future Mrs. Parkman featured Daphne's haircut on it or that Linderman was in fact one of Maury's illusions (a.k.a. "the nighmare man") and the "Pandora's box" Angela was talking about when Nathan got shot was Arthur Petrelli all along.

Edited on 11/07/2008 10:28am

alen76ers

[167]Nov 8, 2008
    • level: 16
    Heroes is better!

Koume

[168]Nov 8, 2008

I used to watch Smallville but I stopped watch back in like the 2nd season with Lois Lane, Because the story was getting stupid, The girl who plays Lana Lang cannot act, and Lex Luthor was never going to become evil! So in my opinion, I love Heroes!

neomaster121

[169]Nov 9, 2008
    linusiuppsala wrote:

I think Heroes is to complicated and perhaps mythical. You have to spend so much time thinking about what you've actually seen Or is it just me which is unintelligent?

Perhaps, But I like smallville better. But now in the eight season I think I like Heroes more. I think the quality of Smallville has decreased ever since season 6,..I can tell the exact opposite about Heroes. I whould say the quality of Heroes has increased ever since Season 2

well anything would have been better than season 2 of heroes seriously the only good thing about that season was hiro's part, they bloody left the irish girl in some f'd up future without help and now that future's gone what happened to her now

Smallville is in it's final season and hopefully season 3 isn't as rushed as season 2 was but overal i like smallville better but heroes can get their quite easily as long as it doesn't go back to the rubbish happening in season 2

season 3's seemingly random but really interesting i must say, peter better get his powers back

DonkeyBoner

[170]Nov 9, 2008
    • level: 6
    ionee24 wrote:
    linusiuppsala wrote:
    I think Heroes is to complicated and perhaps mythical. You have to spend so much time thinking about what you've actually seen Or is it just me which is unintelligent?...

I said this on another thread but the trick is that Heroes has a way to hide key answers in plain sight in a way Smallville simply can't, it took the first season finale for the audience to realize that the Walker system was in fact Molly Walker, no one noticed that Taketo Kenzei's wicked ways were the perfect blueprint for Adam Munroe, that every painting of the once-and-future Mrs. Parkman featured Daphne's haircut on it or that Linderman was in fact one of Maury's illusions (a.k.a. "the nighmare man") and the "Pandora's box" Angela was talking about when Nathan got shot was Arthur Petrelli all along.

I totally agree with you..

Heroes always makes you think what's to come. season 1 was: who is the bomb. peter, sylar or ted? What is peter's ability.. questions like that. season 3 is. who will be a villain and who will be a hero..

Now we have seen that Sylar can be a hero and even Peter and Hiro can be villains. everything is possible..

Smallville i watch it too, but every week I'm eager to see Heroes.

Simply the best!

kangaroos8

[171]Nov 9, 2008
    as a loyal viewer of both Smallville and Heroes, i can safely say that there's absolutely no comparison between the two shows. They are different entirely despite the overlap of the viewership.

A lot of people i know who watch Heroes are older and i dont think they would even bother watching smallville, which pretty much started as a teen/high school show.

Heroes is lot more complex and definitely more interesting, but having said that, the writers of Heroes really need to step up a little and bring it back to the level that they started with.

Smallville started pretty good but lagged with the whole Clana crap. This season though it has definitely improved and i think, any superman fan can safely watch it and can even enjoy it.
    Edited on 11/09/2008 11:01am

ionee24

[172]Nov 11, 2008
    DonkeyBoner wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    linusiuppsala wrote:

I totally agree with you..

Heroes always makes you think what's to come. season 1 was: who is the bomb. peter, sylar or ted? What is peter's ability.. questions like that. season 3 is. who will be a villain and who will be a hero..

Now we have seen that Sylar can be a hero and even Peter and Hiro can be villains. everything is possible..

Smallville i watch it too, but every week I'm eager to see Heroes.

Simply the best!

That'sthe difference I guess, Smallville is basically a filler while Heroes is an original action-adventure ride that makes you think and builds anticipation for what will come next so the audience has learned to expect more of it than it would expect from your average show.

Edited on 11/11/2008 10:55am

Dizagaox

[173]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 8

ionee24 wrote:
    Smallville is basically a filler while Heroes is an original action-adventure ride that makes you think and builds anticipation for what will come next so the audience has learned to expect more of it than it would expect from your average show.
    Oh my days! How the tables have turned in only a matter of months. Smallville is now by far the more accomplished series, in everything.

Storylines, character development, acting, action, special effects => Smallville

ionee24

[174]Apr 29, 2009
    Dizagaox wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    Smallville is basically a filler while Heroes is an original action-adventure ride that makes you think and builds anticipation for what will come next so the audience has learned to expect more of it than it would expect from your average show.
    Oh my days! How the tables have turned in only a matter of months. Smallville is now by far the more accomplished series, in everything.

Storylines, character development, acting, action, special effects => Smallville

Hate to break this to you but Heroes at its worst - and this season finale was its worst - is still better than Smallville at its best.

KingofIPirates

[175]Apr 29, 2009
    I'd say the two are about even; the same generic, plain and woefully lacking plot.

smolvilhiro

[176]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 3
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    I'd say the two are about even; the same generic, plain and woefully lacking plot.

amen to that!

BAGTbird

[177]Apr 30, 2009
    Both definitely have their highs and lows, and I'm a fan of both. Didn't start watching Smallville until about Season 5. Picked up Heroes right at the end of Season 1. Checked out the DVD set from the library and caught up on it. Haven't done that for Smallville yet. Smallville is good, but I don't wait for it with bated breath like I do every episode of Heroes.

ionee24

[178]May 22, 2009
    I've got to say Smallville's season finale was worse than Heroes this year.
    Edited on 05/22/2009 7:19pm

Kon-El_Prime

[179]May 22, 2009

lol

smaville is the absolute worst piece of crap show there is on tv. Ok look at my name..im named after two superman characters so its not like im just saying it because i hate smallvile...i wouldnt let a smaville writer write my last name on a piece of paper.

People want to complain about the sylar peter fights...look at every fight clark has been in on thats show. Zod..for about a minute clark got punched in the face..and didnt land a single blow..didnt even try to fight back. Bizzaro...another fight that lasted a minute...and it ended with one punch. Doomsday....freaking doomsday. ALl freaking year they hyped this to be be the biggest fight of clarks life. The one being that can kill clark...the one person clark has to falter his convictions for and might have to kll. and what freaking happens....he gets punched in the stomach for 15 seconds and then super jumps him into a building. Really..thats hoe you end it? People can say wht they want about a heroes fight scene. I'd take the season 3 finale fight scene over any scene from smaville anyday.

Back to the writing..what dreadful writing. Hey guys lets really harm in that clark cant reveal his identity because the government will kinap his family and freinds. Lets have a gossip columnist blackmail clark and reveal he's a superhero. ANd then in the same episode, have the same gossip columnist who murdered a guy come out with no proof whats so ever and say that clark murdered lex and that hes part of an alien invasion...have the fbi bust into his home with news crew outside and open fire on him even tho he is the only link they have to an aleen invasion at the say so of a gossip columnist. Then we rap it up by having clark going back in time and telling everyone about the guy tori spelling killed way back in season 1....because he didnt think to do this because clark is a retarded alien flipperbaby.

Lets have every single thing that goes wrong on that show be the result of lex luthor. What that a woman was mugged..lex must be behind it.

Lets have chloe protect davis a man who has murdered 50+ people and whos only purpose at living is to kill clark. The man who turned your husband into a drug addict and ruined your marriage..and killed friends and family at your wedding. Some of the things he did he wasnt as doomday but as davis but hey...lets have chole run away with him because she thought she had feeling for him and she wanted to spare clark the feeling of banishing a man to the phantom zone.

everything about smavvile is pretentious, redundant, and just plain stupid. Linoel luthor was the only good thing about that show. I fell in love with Jimmy after he told chloe off... oh wait that wasnt jimmy it was his big brother..because now they want to keep the show faithful to source material....by making up an imaginary big brother for the real jimmy olson that never existed in the comics.

So that could mean that tess isnt mercy...doomsday isnt doomsday..the league isnt the justice league. Frak smaville

DarkWolfAlphaII

[180]Jul 28, 2009
    Kon-El_Prime wrote:

lol

smaville is the absolute worst piece of crap show there is on tv. Ok look at my name..im named after two superman characters so its not like im just saying it because i hate smallvile...i wouldnt let a smaville writer write my last name on a piece of paper.

People want to complain about the sylar peter fights...look at every fight clark has been in on thats show. Zod..for about a minute clark got punched in the face..and didnt land a single blow..didnt even try to fight back. Bizzaro...another fight that lasted a minute...and it ended with one punch. Doomsday....freaking doomsday. ALl freaking year they hyped this to be be the biggest fight of clarks life. The one being that can kill clark...the one person clark has to falter his convictions for and might have to kll. and what freaking happens....he gets punched in the stomach for 15 seconds and then super jumps him into a building. Really..thats hoe you end it? People can say wht they want about a heroes fight scene. I'd take the season 3 finale fight scene over any scene from smaville anyday.

Back to the writing..what dreadful writing. Hey guys lets really harm in that clark cant reveal his identity because the government will kinap his family and freinds. Lets have a gossip columnist blackmail clark and reveal he's a superhero. ANd then in the same episode, have the same gossip columnist who murdered a guy come out with no proof whats so ever and say that clark murdered lex and that hes part of an alien invasion...have the fbi bust into his home with news crew outside and open fire on him even tho he is the only link they have to an aleen invasion at the say so of a gossip columnist. Then we rap it up by having clark going back in time and telling everyone about the guy tori spelling killed way back in season 1....because he didnt think to do this because clark is a retarded alien flipperbaby.

Lets have every single thing that goes wrong on that show be the result of lex luthor. What that a woman was mugged..lex must be behind it.

Lets have chloe protect davis a man who has murdered 50+ people and whos only purpose at living is to kill clark. The man who turned your husband into a drug addict and ruined your marriage..and killed friends and family at your wedding. Some of the things he did he wasnt as doomday but as davis but hey...lets have chole run away with him because she thought she had feeling for him and she wanted to spare clark the feeling of banishing a man to the phantom zone.

everything about smavvile is pretentious, redundant, and just plain stupid. Linoel luthor was the only good thing about that show. I fell in love with Jimmy after he told chloe off... oh wait that wasnt jimmy it was his big brother..because now they want to keep the show faithful to source material....by making up an imaginary big brother for the real jimmy olson that never existed in the comics.

So that could mean that tess isnt mercy...doomsday isnt doomsday..the league isnt the justice league. Frak smaville

I agree with everything you said, and I like smallville, so yes i say Heroes takes this one.