Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Level 5 - The Official Off-Topic Thread

grailwolf

[1]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 55

A new season, and it's time to relocate. We'll leave a note in Kirby Plaza so that any latecomers can figure out where we went.

And... okay so it's a little gloomy. And the air... not quite as fresh as one might like. But hey, there are plenty of empty cel... er, I mean rooms. And down the hall in the guard's breakroom we have coffee, soda, water, and I think somebody brought in donuts.

So, this is basically just like the old OT thread. The rules are simple. If you have things to talk about that are a little outside the scope of the rest of the forum, then stop in here and shoot the breeze for a bit.

That's not to say that this is completely freeform, though. The regular TOS rules about flaming, spamming, trolling, and being disruptive still count. Just be cool, in other words. Anyone really disruptive or obnoxious will be asked to leave. If they don't listen, then they'll be cocooned and stuck to the ceiling.

So take a load off and have some fun. Enjoy the conversation and the atmosphere. And has anyone checked on that guy in the other room with all the tubes stuck in him? He doesn't look so hot.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alen76ers

[2]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 16
    Level 5 is a bit empty... Everyone is escaping from it but we are now gathering in it.

phillyzero22

[3]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 9
    G'bye Kirby Plaza!

KingofIPirates

[4]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 32
    Though I've never been to that thread I suppose it shall be surely missed.

Shinigami124

[5]Oct 25, 2008
    • level: 11
    what would happen if you manupliated time so much that somehow to different time streams crossed each other and time somehow imploded on itself. That would be cool

-Kill_Me_Again-

[6]Oct 25, 2008
    • level: 4

Shinigami124 wrote:
    what would happen if you manupliated time so much that somehow to different time streams crossed each other and time somehow imploded on itself. That would be cool

what is that..ghostbusters doctor who style?

Eespachung

[7]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 2

I'm new here so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place, just doesn't seem important enough to warrant its own thread.

Did anyone other than me notice Ando bumping into Claude in the second series?

36th_Phantom

[8]Oct 27, 2008
    Claude? as in the guy that trained Peter (Aka Doctor Who's christopher Ecilston) really which episode?

Eespachung

[9]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 2
    The one where Kaito dies. When Ando brings him his newspaper, he bumps into a guy and looks confused. The guy's Claude.

andyphantom9

[11]Oct 27, 2008
    • level: 14
    so lets see... 3 died, 1 recaptured, and the rest is on the loose

rosefiregem

[12]Oct 28, 2008
    • level: 15

So are we permitted to post other "Heroes" ramblings that don't fit into another thread?

Loved Christopher Eccleston as Claude. He just inhibits every role with that sarcastic edge and dry irony.

But...would be SO great if Doctor Ten aka David Tennant would be on "Heroes". He does the Doctor with a mad light in his eyes and I could see him as another seemingly calm Company man who's really a bit of a maniac when he's mad.

Oh, and anyone remember the Parkman/Suresh apartment they live in Brooklyn? It's number 613 on the door. Very powerful number in Judaism--there's 613 commandments in the Old Testament. Just thought I'd bring it up.

wowbobwow38

[13]Oct 29, 2008
    • level: 5

Chris Eccelston was one of the greatest casting decisions on Heroes. I for one, really hope that they bring Claude back. I know, he's a misanthrope, but he would be a great addition to the good guy camp. A close second would be Malcolm McDowell as Lindermann. And now Robert Forster, they know how to cast for this show. And come to think of it, I'm gonna miss Stephen Tobolowsky, he's always good in any thing he does, I was sorry to see him go. They killed Sammy Jankis!! One of Stephen's best lines ever was in Thelma and Louise, "Women really go for that s***". Him and Harvey Keitel were great in every scene they had together except in the end when Stephen said "You're no good to me now."

Edited on 10/29/2008 6:16am
    Edited 2 total times.

alen76ers

[14]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 16

Eespachung wrote:
    The one where Kaito dies. When Ando brings him his newspaper, he bumps into a guy and looks confused. The guy's Claude.

I think that guy was Nathan.

wowbobwow38

[15]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 5

Just of curiosity, has anyone on here been playing Fallout 3? I got it when it came out and I can't stop playing it. I never played any of the earlier games so I don't know the difference since Bethesda took over the franchise. It's a pretty immersive game with a wide open world, and I mean WIDE open. I think it's a pretty amazing game. That is all for now.

stalemate666

[16]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 11
    What happened to the copycat girl, and the cops wife I don't remember and the wireless girl for that matter, man they just abandon so many characters in this show

36th_Phantom

[17]Nov 3, 2008
    copycat girl has been written out after being badly received by the fans. Cops with was a plot device to illistate Parkman's powers/add drama to his story/and make the audience sympathetic with his character (all of which worked)

Wireless was under a great character and mysterious. i hope we haven't seen the last of her because believe it or not although she wasnt in it alot she was one of my favourite characters!

KingofIPirates

[18]Nov 3, 2008
    Hana Gitelman died in the graphic novel.

OminousShadow87

[19]Nov 5, 2008
    • level: 6
    Who is the copycat girl? The illusion lady you mean?

If you like Fallout 3, you should play Bethesda's other amazing acheivement in gaming, Oblivion. Same idea with the open world thing, just medieval and magic and all that, instead of sci-fi future world.

KingofIPirates

[20]Nov 5, 2008
    Monica Dawson.