Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Level 5 - The Official Off-Topic Thread

wowbobwow38

[21]Nov 6, 2008
    • level: 5
    I am intested in trying out Oblivion, because I've heard nothing but good stuff about it and with many people calling FO3 "Oblivion with Guns", which always makes me think of the Underworld CD Oblivion With Bells. With the new Call of Duty coming out Tuesday I'll have to put my Oblicion on hold, but I do plan on checking it out. Thanks for the tip. I just started a new character on FO3 and I was amazed how different my game experience was since I decided to make her a totally evil gal. Pretty sweet
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Count_Dracula08

[22]Nov 14, 2008
    • level: 6

So... I like Heroes, and... a lot of other shows.

CNET is a company that owns this site... a company? Interesting... and cool.

Big corporations remind me of this one (Shinra in FFVII.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xis9bi2OeM4 (But CNET isn't evil like Shinra... Yeah this company has good mods and staff members!)

ascaffo

[23]Nov 17, 2008
    • level: 23
    wowbobwow38 wrote:
    I am intested in trying out Oblivion, because I've heard nothing but good stuff about it and with many people calling FO3 "Oblivion with Guns", which always makes me think of the Underworld CD Oblivion With Bells. With the new Call of Duty coming out Tuesday I'll have to put my Oblicion on hold, but I do plan on checking it out. Thanks for the tip. I just started a new character on FO3 and I was amazed how different my game experience was since I decided to make her a totally evil gal. Pretty sweet

Oblivion is great!

wowbobwow38

[24]Nov 18, 2008
    Thanks. It's on the list. Incidentally, the new CoD is f-ing fantastic!! The four player co-op options is a very nice addition!

BAGTbird

[25]Nov 18, 2008
    • level: 10
    Who all saw James Kyson Lee (a.k.a. Ando) as Officer Kwan on the CSI epsiode "Say Uncle "? He may not be the most awesome hero, but he's the only cop in the LVPD that speaks Korean. That counts for something, right?

wowbobwow38

[26]Nov 19, 2008

New direction of the thread. With Company Man popping up again in discussions. Let's discuss everyone's favorite TV episodes.

1) Twin Peaks - episode 14 (season 2)

2) "Everyone's Waitng" - Six Feet Under series finale

3) "Every Mother's Son" - Homicide: Life on the Steet (season 3)

4) House's Head - House MD (season 4)

5) Lincoln Highway - Carnivale (season 2)

6) Millennium - pilot (season 1)

7) "Born Free" - Dexter (Season 1)

Bad Blood - The X Files (season 5)

9) Company Man - Heroes (season 1 )

10)"Three Men and Adena" - Homicide: Life on the Street (season 1)

other notables, "Oh, Pioneers" - Big Love (season 2), One Day One Room - House MD (Season 3), "To Protect and Serve" - The Closer (season 2), "Atomic Shakespeare" - Moonlighting (season 3), "Left Turn Ahead" - Dexter (season 2). True Blood might pop up in here one day too

Edited on 11/21/2008 6:18am

littleditylum

[27]Dec 1, 2008
    • level: 14

Pilot- Jericho

Fallout- Jericho

Loophole- Law and Order: SVU

Fault- Law and Order: SVU

House's Head/Wilson's Heart- House

Company Man- Heroes

Don't Look Back- Heroes

Edited on 12/01/2008 4:06pm

OminousShadow87

[28]Dec 4, 2008
    I agree Company Man was my favorite Heroes episode ever. I remember watching Homecoming for the first time and loving that episode too. Five Years Gone is another good one.

cactusjack39

[29]Dec 28, 2008
    • level: 30

Well, since Heroes isn't coming back until February, I guess I'll have to watch the NFL playoffs. The best RB in the game, Adrian Peterson, will run over everyone.

OminousShadow87

[30]Jan 1, 2009
    I've been keeping my eye on the Vikings for the past couple of seasons. They're definetly on the way up; I don't see them winning it all this year but I predict they're gonna get to the big game within the next few years.

cactusjack39

[31]Jan 1, 2009
    Yeah, even as a Viking fan, I have to say they have no chance this year. I don't trust our QB and the team away from the dome.

cactusjack39

[32]Jan 1, 2009
    On a completely different topic, has anyone else had problems with their level? I was at level 7 last week and this week I've been stuck at level 6 with 64% remaining. I've posted my complaint on another forum where I am not the only one ranting about it. They were saying it was some kind of glitch that the t.v. editors would fix. I know it's not a big deal, but I was wondering if anyone else have been experiencing the same problem.

KingofIPirates

[33]Jan 2, 2009
    • level: 32
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    Yeah, even as a Viking fan, I have to say they have no chance this year. I don't trust our QB and the team away from the dome.
    I guess that's one reason why it seems that the playoff game between them and the Eagles may become a blackout.
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    On a completely different topic, has anyone else had problems with their level? I was at level 7 last week and this week I've been stuck at level 6 with 64% remaining. I've posted my complaint on another forum where I am not the only one ranting about it. They were saying it was some kind of glitch that the t.v. editors would fix. I know it's not a big deal, but I was wondering if anyone else have been experiencing the same problem.
    Haven't noticed..

cactusjack39

[34]Jan 2, 2009
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    I guess that's one reason why it seems that the playoff game between them and the Eagles may become a blackout.
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    Haven't noticed..
    The Vikings do have some fair-weather fans. I admit that without Adrian Peterson, the Vikings would be a bore to watch.

grailwolf

[35]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 55
    Hmm, I'm starting to think that we should change the location again for the new volume. Especially given the events of the midseason finale.

I guess we could just change the title of the thread to: "Smoking Pile of Rubble - The Official Off-Topic Thread".

chad28_69

[36]Jan 6, 2009
    36th_Phantom wrote:
    copycat girl has been written out after being badly received by the fans. Cops with was a plot device to illistate Parkman's powers/add drama to his story/and make the audience sympathetic with his character (all of which worked) Wireless was under a great character and mysterious. i hope we haven't seen the last of her because believe it or not although she wasnt in it alot she was one of my favourite characters!
    Sharingan!!!
    Edited on 01/06/2009 10:51am

OminousShadow87

[37]Jan 9, 2009
    grailwolf wrote:
    Hmm, I'm starting to think that we should change the location again for the new volume. Especially given the events of the midseason finale.

I guess we could just change the title of the thread to: "Smoking Pile of Rubble - The Official Off-Topic Thread".
    lol this one hasnt exactly been drawing the attention the old off-topics were getting. Maybe the setting is to blame. And maybe I'm lieing.

On the subject of the NFL, as long as the giants don't make it to the big game, I'll be happy. (note: ominousshadow is a bitter patriots fan)

cactusjack39

[38]Jan 9, 2009
    OminousShadow87 wrote:
    grailwolf wrote:
    Hmm, I'm starting to think that we should change the location again for the new volume. Especially given the events of the midseason finale. I guess we could just change the title of the thread to: "Smoking Pile of Rubble - The Official Off-Topic Thread".
    lol this one hasnt exactly been drawing the attention the old off-topics were getting. Maybe the setting is to blame. And maybe I'm lieing. On the subject of the NFL, as long as the giants don't make it to the big game, I'll be happy. (note: ominousshadow is a bitter patriots fan)
    Too bad you guys play in the better conference. The AFC is stacked with good teams. Anyways, Ominous, aren't you getting Tom Brady back from injury? I can gurantee you had you had him healthy you guys would have easily made the playoffs. But you're a better Patriots-mind than I. I wish my Vikings had a decent quarterback. I forgot to put that on my christmas list.

OminousShadow87

[39]Jan 9, 2009
    I've always said if you wanna win the superbowl, you need a good quarterback. You don't even need a great, just a halfway decent one (see: Eli) as long as you have a great offensive line. Tom Brady is great, but what pushes him to the cream of the crop is his line. That guy has all the time in world, I'd be furious if I was a fan of another team playing them. If the Vikings can replicate this (i don't know how good their o-line is) then couple with the running game (which they obviously have) and a solid defense, they will definetely be contenders.

bookwormyay342

[40]Jan 11, 2009
    • level: 17
    Off topic thread uh. Okay then. Oogie doogie, konjefgweyrgyigfefygrey. Yay yay yay. I want to learn to fly!! Varoom!!!