Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread: Brave New World (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Feb 6, 2010
    • level: 100
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 2/8/10 season finale, "Brave New World", to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Iamdapwnage

[2]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 16
    Is this two hours or one hour?

CharmedOneP391

[3]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 19

This episode actually was love/hate for me. I really liked what was going on and it had memorable parts like Tracy's appearance (where did she go?, tho?) and Peter/Samuel's fight that was great..I was happy that Peter was the hero to take down Samuel, not Sylar. I don't know how to feel about Sylar being a hero I was secretly hoping for Peter to chop his head off at th end because I don't really think Sylar deserves redemption..but I'll stick with it.

However..This does not boad well with me as a series finale.. which is why while i was liking the episode i wasn't at the same time because of the lack of renewal so far. Now, they opened up the can of worms with claire at the end & I really want to see the outcome. I don't think thats too ask for and hopefully NBC takes note that people want more.

Loved that Ando and Hiro got to team up with their powers in this one. Can't wait for volume six if&when the time comes...

Edited on 02/08/2010 8:17pm
    Edited 2 total times.

maoejo

[4]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 4
    Well, I'll admit it, I am tempted for seeing Volume 6. I had previously thought that I would ban Volume 5 due to... well... certain rumors about Claire changing sexualities, to put it simply. I'd wait until I have enough information on Brave New World, just to ensure that she is still straight.

Bash2cool

[5]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 6
    OMG...CLARIE is F***ing STUPID!!!!!!!

Bash2cool

[6]Feb 8, 2010
    The fight between Peter and Samuel was awesome!! too

firedrakes

[7]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 13
    overalli am thankful its over this chapter.... really the villain is able to be betten in so many was. yet had to bring a group to defeat him.

cactusjack39

[8]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 30

I don't really know what to say. It was like I was watching a completely different show. Completely. While it wasn't the worst episode ever, this one was an utter shell of its former self in a nutshell. It basically summed up everything that Heroes has become as compared to what it once was.

I can't stand Sylar as this "hero." I didn't continue to watch the show to see this sorry excuse for Sylar. I tuned in to see the serial nutcase VILLAIN, Sylar. His new relationship with Peter is awkward and takes so much credibility away from their rivalary. This kind of thing happened in Volume 3 and I thought that we would never get a rehashed storyline like that again. How wrong I was.

Claire was good in her scene with Noah in the beginning. I thought the acting was actually decent from her. Everything after that regarding Claire was too much. What else is new?

Hiro's storyline was slow to start and I thought it was really awkward regarding his interaction with old Charlie. I was a bit sick to my stomach as the entire time I hoped that they keep their distance from one another. I liked the ending to the Hiro/Charlie saga.

But...

Hiro being healed was complete garbage. They spent the entire season revolving his storyline around him being sick and now it's like nothing happened.

I liked having very little Tracey and no Mohinder. It seems to me that the writers have given up trying to find anything new for Matt to do.

But this episode just proved to me that it deserves the fate that's handed to it.

Willy105

[9]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 11
    I loved the ending. It was awesome. It doesn't fix the awful season that preceded it, but it got it back to "Heroes" quality.

Anyway, the thing is, will this new volume ever come to fruition? Tim Kring is making a new show, NBC is making another superhero show, actors are leaving.....

...how in the world will this show continue on? This was by all intents and porpoises a season finale. Sylar is good, Claire forgave her father, and everybody knows about the supers, which was the whole story ark of the series.

WPack911

[10]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 2
    I think they did an awesome job with so many different storylines having to end in a one hour episode, I am so glad that Hiro was able to see charlie again even if they could not be together I am glad she lived a full life and was not simply forgotten. Sylar truly became a hero and it gave him the same satisfaction that taking powers and killing did, maybe even more. Samuel's defeat was pretty awesome at the end of the day, it might not have been a knock down drag out fight, but it did not need to be cause in the end (thanks to Hiro and Ando) he was a weakling.

The end actually set up nice for a 6th season, but honestly if it's the end it was not a bad ending either, it leaves the question "What would people do if this really happened?" up to your own interpretation. If they make a 6th season I will watch it cause I am a 'Heroes' fan even if it is not as good as it was in the first season or even the second. I look forward to seeing how people deal with specials, I think it would be interesting, but if it's the end it's a nice question to leave fans thinking about.

Overall good episode, great show.

Edited on 02/08/2010 8:01pm

jake-sf

[11]Feb 8, 2010

While thats a good enough season ending, its an horrible end for the show if we don't get a 6th season.

I think there is still something more to do. And if the world is now aware of people with powers, that could welcome something entirely new as well.

Because there is something I am sick of: HIDING. I'm not referring only to Heroes. Even Stargate pissed me off because they NEVER REVEALED IT TO THE PUBLIC. Point is, they do it now in Heroes... and I want to SEE IT.

I don't want this to be the end.

And I don't care if this still wasn't as good as Season 1 or if idiots will continue throwing **** at Heroes. Fact is if the first season sucked and all others were the same, the show would be doing great. If we don't get a 6th season because of these people... what a joke. But I'm hoping.

Any info on that, anyway? Couldn't find any.

WPack911

[12]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 2
    jake-sf wrote:

I don't want this to be the end.

And I don't care if this still wasn't as good as Season 1 or if idiots will continue throwing **** at Heroes. Fact is if the first season sucked and all others were the same, the show would be doing great. If we don't get a 6th season because of these people... what a joke. But I'm hoping.

Any info on that, anyway? Couldn't find any.

Well said, show might not be as good as it was, but I still like it so I don't give a ****.

Edited on 02/08/2010 8:47pm

dashx2525

[13]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 8

Can someone please explain to me how Peter was able to fly at the end when he took down Samuel? To my knowledge he still had Matt's telepath power, and there was no one he was in contact with that had a flying power.

Or can sylar fly (I can never keep track of what powers sylar has) and peter just took that from him? If so, I'm assuming that peter can just pick and choose whatever power that he wants from sylar?

Edited on 02/08/2010 10:39pm
    Edited 2 total times.

netgoddess

[14]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 10
    This show has many flaws. But it still is entertaining to watch, and I will continue to tune in each week that it is still in the air. Sure the writing may not be on par with a show like "Buffy" but it is still fun to watch, and most of the characters are interesting (although I would prefer more new heroes and less of the same ones).

Samuel was a really decent villain, he certainly beat out Peter's dad IMO. I'm not sure how anyone can give Sylar the benefit of the doubt after all the people he's killed. Just being "sorry" for bad things does not redeem oneself IMO. Claire has spent the entire series being ashamed of her abilities and hiding her true identity but now she wants to out herself nationally? Why the sudden role-reversal?

I was kind of hoping Peter would take on multiplicity-guy's power and pull an Agent Smith on Samuel, I think that could have been more visually epic and more on par with past season's epicness. But I didn't dislike the ending.

I thought the Hiro/Charly storyline was touching at some moments and creepy at others. Creepy because of the vast age difference and their apparent romantic attraction. Glad to see Ando finally using his power for any real use only for the second time in the series (the first was also this season on breaking out Mohinder) Speaking of Mohinder I didn't mind him not being there nor did I mind Samuel doing the "previously on heroes" thing. If we never see Mohinder again I am happy, his character wore out his welcome shortly after he was "spider-man" with cacooning various people in some web-like substance.

Glad Tracey popped in the save the day but her appearance was relegated to cameo rather than having much of a plot point.

shaistytime

[15]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 1
    I don't think Peter is truly limited to 1 power. It's going to come out that he has a mental block like he did in season one. He was kind of afraid when he had too many powers, so he's holding himself back.

lebronville

[16]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 1
    Worst epiaode of Heroes ever. Good way to cap off the worst season of Heroes ever. I actually want the show canceled so they can't further damage it. Claire is too annoying, and the show does nothing but focus on her these days (YAWN). RIP Heroes.

MissedHisPath

[17]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 7

Oh Yeah

I hope volume six be better than five

wingsabre

[18]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 13
    Honestly, if they get another season, there's only 3 options of a finale. Either everyone in the world will have powers, they all lose their powers, or some scheme is made to have the Hatian wipe all the memory from the people of the world. That's from most likely to least likely. This season had so many potentials, but it's clear that the writers couldn't figure anything out. Samuele's powers were truly Sylar like. He could have destroyed the world if he wanted to. However, they messed up from the start by not letting us know what the stakes was. In season 1, we knew that there would be an exploding man, and it would destroy New York. We knew nothing of the potential ending. We had no warning from an apocalyptic future, or no drawing from Matt that tells the destruction of New York. By the way, it seems that they forgot that aspect of Matt's powers, let alone Molly. Additionally, Samuele should have been mad from the start, not the last few episode before the finale. How could we assume that he was that bad, when the initial motive was to get a girl, only to go mad when it did not happen. If the writers had truly though it out, the plot would have flowed better. When you write a series that's based on an arch per season, you have to know what's going to happen at the end of the season. Apparently the writers didn't know that, because this whole season was a mess. None of the pieces really fit together. For a season about redemption, they did very little to try to have the characters redeem themselves.

DarkWolfAlphaII

[19]Feb 9, 2010
    • level: 3
    dashx2525 wrote:

Can someone please explain to me how Peter was able to fly at the end when he took down Samuel? To my knowledge he still had Matt's telepath power, and there was no one he was in contact with that had a flying power.

Or can sylar fly (I can never keep track of what powers sylar has) and peter just took that from him? If so, I'm assuming that peter can just pick and choose whatever power that he wants from sylar?

I was wondering the exact same thing; they both had to get to Central Park, so maybe he took flying from Sylar before they left Matt's house.

This didn't really seem like a season finale to me. I'm still waiting on the reaction from the other heroes about the new Sylar. Though it was not what I expected, it was a pretty good episode.

@cactusjack39- not to sound cruel or anything, but the sooner you get past how great season 1 was, the better off you'll be, because the writers may never make a season as good it was. Though I still understand you are entitled to your own opinion, and if heroes sucks to you, well... it just sucks, cause I like it for better or worse.

I agree with you though, Sylar and Peter's relation/friend?ship is beyond akward.

Edited on 02/09/2010 12:41am
    Edited 3 total times.

DresserBoys

[20]Feb 9, 2010
    • level: 18

watching Sylar be good in the finale it was just sick. If he was going to be the lone hero and distance himself from Peter and everyone that would be an awesome Sylar.

but he isn't Sylar anymore and they should have him go back to being Gabriel