Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread: Brave New World (possible spoilers)

Mouldylocks

[61]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 3
    While I would love to see another season of Heroes... too many convenient plot holes were created to make the story work... Namely, that when there are NO people around with powers, Samuel has ZERO power, not just a small amount like, he can make a pebble fly around? Even then, Sylar, Peter, Claire etc... there were still a decent number of "specials" around, the total number that left with Hiro looked like 20 or so, so 20 makes him a god, able to level cities, but 5 make him only as powerful as his right hook?...

Anyway I think we have all been waiting long enough for the whole "everybody knows about us now" thing, so it would be nice to see where they can go with it.

I'm not sure why the hate on Claire so much. I think it would be an interesting/bold move to make her out as lesbian... so long as they didn't just milk it for ratings and have no real relationship development other than her snogging random chicks every now and then... I do wish she'd stop being retarded though (running ahead of Noah to warn Sam draws out another 2 episodes before it can conclude)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thetruesora

[62]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 22
    I think they've handled the "Claire lesbian story" well, in that they haven't done much with it and so haven't done anything to make it seem like "this half of the episode is about Claire getting it on with some chick".

cactusjack39

[63]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 30

Well, I must say that the ending of this episode further confirmed my belief that Claire is and almost always has been a buzzkill to the show, in my opinion. Every season her storyline and character is so similar and so stale that it came to the point where it seemed that she became absolutely unnecessary in almost every way.

Each volume, it was pretty much the same thing. Defy her dad, whine, complain, question herself, question her dad's love, and get involved in glossy relationships with boys (and a girl) that went nowhere. It became obvious to me that on numerous occasions she had no importance to the overall theme of the show.

I can't think of any other way to put it. It has seemed for quite some time that Claire was forced down the throat of viewers, whether they liked it or not. Personally, she is a main reason why I think the show has fizzled year after year.

netgoddess

[64]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 10
    I wish they'd bring back some of the cooler characters.

I miss Micah and Monica and the kid who had the heal/kill power and the girl who was connected wirelessly to the internet.

I also liked the powers of visual projection (the fat girl who kidnapped Micah) and the power of suggestion (the girl who could tell people to do stuff and they'd be forced to do it).

I just wish Heroes didn't stick so much to the same small group of people and created more new stories with people who had different powers. I liked Samuel's power and Lydia's power but they were side characters, I want more main characters with new powers.

Kromdale

[65]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 4

For everyone who says this was a great ending.

How is this ending different from volume 2/3 Nathan's announcement which drove future Peter to try and kill him before he told the world about heroes? Been there done that.

As far as the fights, instead of having Hiro teleport out 20 to 30 people, why not Teleport Samuel to the company lockup/jail anywhere that doesnt have other heroes? Ah thats right we need useless Peter to save the day. Bring the Hatian? Nah hes busy. Bring Mat to lock Samuel up in a virtual prison? Nah he hurt his leg. Heck stick Mats baby in Samuels face and pinch his butt so he cries would at least be funny way to have Samuel lose his power lol. But that would nt let Peter be the Hero.

KingofIPirates

[66]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 32
    netgoddess wrote:
    kid who had the heal/kill power
    He got tied to the back of a truck by a police officer and was dragged to death.

netgoddess wrote:

and the girl who was connected wirelessly to the internet.
    She gets burnt up upon re-entry in a satellite and gets deleted while in the company mainframe.
    netgoddess wrote:
    I also liked the powers of visual projection (the fat girl who kidnapped Micah)
    Sylar cuts her head open.

netgoddess wrote:
    (the girl who could tell people to do stuff and they'd be forced to do it).
    She commits suicide by blowing her brains out.
    Edited on 02/10/2010 6:39pm

TypeB

[67]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 6

They have turned Heroes into a terrible SOAP OPERA, and it's becoming more and more painful to watch. Making Sylar say "it's a brave new world", and "I'm a hero now" in that manner... Eww.

And really, how could Samuel lose his power completely when Peter, Sylar, Emma, and even that dreadful Doyle were still at the carnival. Also, from my understanding, Claire was teleported back right away by Hiro and Ando, so more specials around Samuel. Where is the Haitian when you need him the most? Didn't have to be overly dramatic with people holding hands until Hiro and Ando teleported them out.

Hiro should have teleported Claire somewhere far, far away and left her there.

Eric10301

[68]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 12
    Let's face it, if this show was on any other network it would have been canceled by now. I've never seen a show create so many plot holes and stupid sotry lines year after year. If it comes back next year they need to set it up as the last season and write from there, then we may actually get something good.
    Edited on 02/10/2010 9:21pm

ninjaman09

[69]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 11
    I forgot about to comment on the whole Samuel suddenly having no powers... I really hated that plot hole with Samuel having no power even though there were still some specials around. Now I don't know how far/close the carnival was at the time, but remember when he attacked Mohinder? He was still able to levitate some rocks and it was only Mohinder in the room. If all Samuel could do was lift tiny grains of dirt after Hiro teleported the carnies away, then I might've overlooked it.

After reading some comments about Claire, I started wondering about something: has Claire been in every episode this season? I remember some episodes where her role was just for Tracy or Noah to have someone to talk to for one scene. I totally agree with the poster who said that they should rename this show the Claire Show....

jonathanparham

[70]Feb 10, 2010
    • level: 5
    Enjoyed the ending. I would like to see some other heroes come back. But I like Claire\'s comment, 'I lost count. . . ' We'll see how they play this out. Specials, have been made public before.

moonllight

[71]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 5
    I don't think Samuel lost all his powers he just lost the power to move large things. I am pretty sure he can still move small rocks, but he wanted to move something bigger. And why couldn't he bring down a whole police station and mansion? I mean you never know how close the carnival really is and I think the specials must be really far away before his abilities loses its power.

KingofIPirates

[72]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 32
    moonllight wrote:
    I am pretty sure he can still move small rocks, but he wanted to move something bigger.
    Then in his attempt to move something bigger those small rocks would've moved as a result.

heglan

[73]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 2

i think this ep. was great - not like the old ones but still- but from the begining of this season i think they had one thought in mind, u cant change anything

if anyone remember that in the prev. seasons when they travel to the future they saw that the world knew about them and you buy powers - from where the hiro came - and also they show us that syler was good - in another ep. -

so i think what season 6 will be about the fight around these two main lines of action and i hope to see season 6 that remind me of season 1;

Btw Peter earlier this season after he picked up emma power couldnt "run fast" so i dont think he can have more than one power since what happen before

heglan

[74]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 2
    ninjaman09 wrote:
    I forgot about to comment on the whole Samuel suddenly having no powers... I really hated that plot hole with Samuel having no power even though there were still some specials around. Now I don't know how far/close the carnival was at the time, but remember when he attacked Mohinder? He was still able to levitate some rocks and it was only Mohinder in the room. If all Samuel could do was lift tiny grains of dirt after Hiro teleported the carnies away, then I might've overlooked it.

After reading some comments about Claire, I started wondering about something: has Claire been in every episode this season? I remember some episodes where her role was just for Tracy or Noah to have someone to talk to for one scene. I totally agree with the poster who said that they should rename this show the Claire Show....

me too +1 for Claire Show

but wasnt Samuel far away from the carnival when he destroyed the town after the women he loved lift him ??? - i can still the remember the scene that they show the carnival from up hill & they are watching and the town being very far far away from them ?!!!

thetruesora

[75]Feb 11, 2010
    In the latest graphic novel it's Angela's dream of what Samuel would of done if Peter and the others hadn't stopped him. Angela then says about how no matter what they do it is only "delaying the inevitable" and ends with showing Claire on the news from revealing her ability to the cameras.

Mr_Ozzy

[76]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 35

I just finished watching the finale.

THAT is what the entire season was building up to?
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

I mean, in my eyes the show was dead by the end of the second series so I don't care either way, but that was once again a TERRIBLE finale.
    That's 4 in a row, congratz Tim Kring.

Ooh samuel's power, gather the 'specials', just wait and see, see how strong I'll get.
    Finale: I know lets just get Hiro and teleport them away.

END!!

It was utterly pathetic.

And what was with re-running 4 mins of the episode before with a few seconds of new footage at the beginning? They couldn't even find a way to fill out the 40-42 minutes without having to do that??
    Did they run out of money or something?

And then even though it's almost certain it won't be back as the ratings have been god awful for the last 2 years, they don't even end it.
    Still 'to be continued' and more c**p we've already seen before.

Disappointed as always, but hopefully it's over now.
    Goodbye Heroes, you pretty much sucked, probably thanks to Tim Kring, who destroyed what could have been a good series.
    Bye!

MatKarim

[77]Feb 12, 2010
    • level: 1
    Bash2cool wrote:
    OMG...CLARIE is F***ing STUPID!!!!!!!

i totally agree with you..wat she's been thinking by doing that..it only make the stry line become more n more complicated..ofcos the world will hard to accept dat kind of thing..

alwaysobsessed

[78]Feb 12, 2010

This episode was extremely anti-climatic. In my opinion, the whole "Sylar going good, (again)" doesnt bother me, but I wouldve liked it better, if the storyline hadnt just begun and ended like it did. Lets do a 5 years timeloop in a single episode

The dialogue in Brave New World was cheesy and predictable. Claire with Noah 50 ft below ground was just as interesting as them on the surface. I generally like their scenes but really again, it wasnt finalemateriale. Im sick of seeing Noah protecting his Clairebear.

Samuel had great potential to become a supervillain, but man was he weak. Ugh. Not to mention the fightscene between him and Peter, can you say lame? Im not the biggest Tracyfan but her presence was one of the few good things about the finale. Doyle/Emma/Sylar scenes, ugh.. Hiro/Charlie, it was sad yes, but Hiro just isnt as interesting as he used to be.

Near the end of the episode, I couldnt help but being frustrated and disappointed and thought, are you kidding me!? if this is it, Im quitting this show. ...But there goes rebel little Claire and jumps me back into being hooked and I did like Sylar (or Gabriel is it now?)saying "Its a brave new world" reminds me of when Claude said it. I like Claire, but the longing to be normal was getting dull and old. So this is a nice 'change' for her.

In my opinion this show needs more humour (and no Hiro isnt funny anymore) It needs more badass villains and jesus stop bringing new female characters just to kill 'em off

SesseKitty

[79]Feb 13, 2010
    • level: 6

I liked it and the whole season too. Samuel was one of those very annoying villains though, I will always love Sylar for being more complicated, interesting and charismatic. I hate when they make villains so annoying you just want to strangle them instead of watching what they are up to. But Samuel wasn't bad enough to ruin the season, just mildly irritating.

I don't get all the Sylar hate, or all the good-Sylar hate. If they want to drag a character along for several years he can't just keep popping people's heads, that's kinda pointless. Complex Sylar is the best and the opening for a new good hero Sylar was well done enough. Like many people pointed out, he spent several years first alone and then with Peter (the one super empathic goody-two-shoes) so that does impact a person. Not to mention he was already on the path of change. Actually it was mentioned several times how Hiro's words haunted him, so that was some serious butterflies right there. Saving Charlie wasn't such a bad thing afterall. With that and having Nathan and Matt in his head Sylar really started to realize what he was missing out on. Claire put him to the right path and Matt gave him his nightmare to really push him towards the change. After this he befriends with Peter and with his help he gets to save the day, feel how good it feels to do something right and good. Imo the visions never were about saving Emma, it was all about the long path to save Sylar. Everyone just thought it's "save Emma" because there's Sylar saying it out loud. I think Sylar-Peter friendship is one of the sweetest things in the series and of course it's awkward, it's still new and fragile, you don't just become best buddies in a second with that history.

To go shortly back with Hiro and Charlie, I thought that their ending was tied up beautifully. Bittersweet. And the actress who played the old Charlie was spot on. Also didn't mind a bit about the Hiro's miraculous healing, he had to die for her mother to come to heal him, not even the weirdest thing around the series.

About Eli, I really liked him, I hope they bring him back next season (if there is one). Obviously he could be in the carnival just by replica, though there was many mixed thoughts about him in my head. To me Matt's brainwash pointed more towards him still being pissed to Sylar (even though he would be a good guy now that doesn't mean he deserves forgiveness with a snap of a finger) and sent Eli after him. When Eli appeared in the carnival I first thought it was Peter posing as him. But I guess it all really was just Matt making him tell the truth, I guess I just think all people are crooked

I'm not sure Samuel lost all his powers either, I thought it to be possible that after all his carnival buddies left Peter could actually just hold the ground still with his power. Or perhaps Samuel had drawn his power from his friends for so much and so long that he became impotent without them. Or bit of both.

All in all, I think there were no obvious plotholes, people are once again either jumping to conclusions or looking to hard. You can dislike it all you want, I am not arguing taste but I don't really care when people just say that something doesn't make sense when there can be several possibilities to explain all the things that might seem a bit off.

Personally I'm okay with the Claire jump too, another take for the next season would be good, they can't just keep hiding in every season and they already did the secret government hunt thing. Also a nice end if it turns out to be the series finale.

Edited on 02/13/2010 1:59am

thebiggame23

[80]Feb 14, 2010
    • level: 11
    this show has lost it!!!