Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread: Brave New World (possible spoilers)

BAGTbird

[83]Feb 17, 2010
    • level: 10

Bets on how many episodes it takes Volume 6 (assuming there will be one) to devolve into Fugitives, i.e. all the specials being hunted down?

I give it til the 3rd episode, but that's a liberal estimate.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cinesino

[84]Feb 17, 2010
    • level: 3

Why the Haitian wasn't brought along when they wanted to capture Samuel?

Isn't he enough to stop the power of samuel and all the others?

Why is he always MIA when he is needed.....?

CharmedOneP391

[85]Feb 17, 2010
    • level: 19

BAGTbird wrote:

Bets on how many episodes it takes Volume 6 (assuming there will be one) to devolve into Fugitives, i.e. all the specials being hunted down?

I give it til the 3rd episode, but that's a liberal estimate.

That will be the dumbest thing ever. I think the point of volume 6 is to introduce specials to the world..there can not be an extermination because I mean..numbers are growing.

cinesino wrote:

Why the Haitian wasn't brought along when they wanted to capture Samuel?

Isn't he enough to stop the power of samuel and all the others?

Why is he always MIA when he is needed.....?

Because then the fans would bi+ch that he's a plot hole and is only used when needed. So they can't do that.I wasn't expecting it anyway..be too easy. But maybe since he would be using his power by deafult would just add to samuels power?

KingofIPirates

[86]Feb 17, 2010
    • level: 32
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:
    But maybe since he would be using his power by deafult would just add to samuels power?
    If his power is specifically designed to negate the abilities of others, it wouldn't matter if his presence would theoretically add to Samuels power as Samuels abilities would still be negated once the Haitian targeted him.

The_Nobody101

[87]Feb 19, 2010
    • level: 4
    How did tracy turn her cloths into water and reform it back? I thought she got naked ever time she turn water form.

Also, since the show is one the verge of being canceled i think volume 6 will probably be a short season with maybe 6 - 10 episodes.

KingofIPirates

[88]Feb 19, 2010
    • level: 32
    She's learned to somehow turn her clothes into liquid as well.

thetruesora

[89]Feb 20, 2010
    • level: 22
    I read that if the show does return it will be for a short season or tv movie to give more of a complete "ending".

Fiyaitup

[90]Feb 25, 2010
    • level: 1

*******************SPOILERS*****************************

I'm half and half on Sylar being the hero. It's adding some much needed depth to his character. He's finally torn between feeding his greed and curbing it. I like how they've done his transformation as it makes sense with all of Nathan's thoughts in his head. I really think they need to do a power set change for Sylar if they're gonna make him the hero though. The way Peter was too strong as he was to stay a hero, Sylar is too. Way too many powers kept from the people he's murdered AND Claire's immortality. It's good to see some depth and emotion in Sylar's character but I'm not sure I see him staying good for long. I would like it if he did though as seeing the uneasy alliances he'd share with his former adversaries would add some good clashes like what we saw with Parkman and Peter.

I like what they did with the Samuel resolution, because he got to the point where he thought he was more important than the family and the family left him and he was useless, kept saying they were nothing without him and it was the other way around, I like the irony which is I guess why I like that the Heroes' most constant adversary in Sylar is helping them.

What I hated was Claire's stunt. They've made her to be so childish, naive and stupid, it's sickening. It's as if she wasn't a part of the whole conflict when Nathan was the villain. As if she didn't see all the specials rounded up, stripped of their powers and freedoms. I don't like that the writers seem to write Claire in a bubble, like nothing that happened in other volumes affects her thought process, she just lives in the moment. HRG was dying and his one dying request was she don't out herself as a special. He gets saved she's like phew, now I don't have to worry about it? C'mon, she should realize how bad an idea he thinks it is if he'd waste his dying breath on it. The fact the he didn't die shouldn't have reset everything. Also very childish of her to make that decision for an entire generation of specials. Not everyone's power is as nifty or useful as hers, how do you live the normal life as a special that can cause tornadoes or hurricanes? Every hurricane that happens, they're gonna investigate you and there's no fingerprints left behind when you use your powers so they can't prove you did it and you can't prove you didn't. Witch hunts all over again and it amazes me that she can't see it. I'd have preferred a villain out them somehow rather than someone claiming to be thinking of the greater good.

Fiyaitup

[91]Feb 25, 2010
    tjaman wrote:
    TypeB wrote:
    They have turned Heroes into a terrible SOAP OPERA, and it's becoming more and more painful to watch. Making Sylar say "it's a brave new world", and "I'm a hero now" in that manner... Eww.

To be fair, the dialogue has always been such that you would find in a graphic novel ... it's sort of how it was written.

Not only that but if you think about it, it's straight out of a Marvel comic. Mostly X-men. Samuel = Magneto, Carnival = Genosha, Carnival family = Brotherhood, way too similar. In Volume 4, Nathan was trying to invoke the Mutant Registration Act in essence and now, if there's a Volume 6, I'd bet money it'd play out like an X-Men scenario, wouldn't surprise me if someone made a safe haven for specials to learn bout their powers and if normals were trying to persecute and round up all the specials. I think the problem Heroes has had was with Villains. I think they're gonna try to fix that by having some specials on one side that're anti-human, some on the other that are pro-human and humans in the middle anti-special. Just like Xmen. But the bright side is, no shortage of villains. Any rogue special is a potential villain and any over zealous human is just as viable.

thetruesora

[92]Feb 25, 2010
    • level: 22
    To add to your argument about Claire: she's one of the ones that can hide her powers the easiest. She was against how Samuel was going to make it his "coming out" party (kind of think that's an awkward choice of words) in that he was going to make a show that people with abilities should be feared and she told the other specials that while she agreed about revealing themselves to the world it should be done another way. So she does it by going on tv with a demonstration which will be taken by alot of people to mean "HA! I can't be killed!" and leads to "how dangerous are other people's powers?" all the way to "grab your guns! let's hunt down all those freaks!"

flwr1993

[93]Feb 27, 2010
    • level: 5
    can someone tell me if this was the season finale or the series finale?

CharmedOneP391

[94]Feb 27, 2010

flwr1993 wrote:
    can someone tell me if this was the season finale or the series finale?

There hasn't been a confirmation one way or the other by NBC. Tim Kring is "fully expecting" a renewal as are most of the cast. As for the fans...idk not so much.

Brave New World personally didn't do it for me as a series ender..so I'm fully hoping for a sixth volume.not fully expecting it tho..

CharmedOneP391

[96]Mar 1, 2010

Dec1964 wrote:

thetruesora wrote:
    I read that if the show does return it will be for a short season or tv movie to give more of a complete "ending".
    No, that wont do it for me i need 22 episode's.

that'd be perfect..to get to 100 episodes. I dont think it's likely though. maybe they should put the show on sunday nights? before the next celeb. apprentice or whatever.. I think the show could probably pull off being on Sundays. I like the monday slot but the ratings say something different

Edited on 03/01/2010 2:40pm

CharmedOneP391

[98]Mar 2, 2010

Dec1964 wrote:
    CharmedOneP391 wrote:

Dec1964 wrote:

thetruesora wrote:
    No, that wont do it for me i need 22 episode's.

that'd be perfect..to get to 100 episodes. I dont think it's likely though. maybe they should put the show on sunday nights? before the next celeb. apprentice or whatever.. I think the show could probably pull off being on Sundays. I like the monday slot but the ratings say something different

Do you know when season 4 DVD will be released thanks..

Hasn't been announced yet. Most likely August-September of this year. Check this SITE when you want to know.

vimeskane

[99]Apr 1, 2010
    I think this should have been the last season but since nbs decided to air the whole season be4 the olympics they couldn't wrap all things like 24 will since they know that their season is the last.

NBC knew by olympic break the the ratings where very low 4 this show (around 5mill) and mix it with expensive to produce each episode you arn't making money of this show.
    When NBC doesn't let the writers know if this is the last season and don't even give them time time to write an ending that is a very poor treatment to the shows fans, just say this around janury of this year:
    We at NBC are very sorry but because of the declining ratings and the cost of producing each episode we have to terminate heroes, but we will increase the number of epsiodes this season to air after the olympic break so you will have the time end this show on a proper way.

This is a kind of show that needs an proper ending and to ax it be4 the writers can write the end is just not good, if you are gonna ax it give heroes the prison break tratment make a tv movie called heroes the epilouge. Since the last episode ended with a to be continued so we can expect kring was expecting another season, so the last episode should end with the end. But I have bad feeling that heroes will be axed, since 24 can't survive with around 9 mill viewers how can heroes survive with almost half of that 5 mill

Dexter111

[100]Apr 4, 2010
    • level: 7

Can only hope this was the last Season as it is getting really really bad about now and the writing is almost as bad as in Smallville...

Characters just turn up randomly where they're "needed" or "supposed to be" like Peter at Matts apartment just when he's burying up Sylar, Charlie in the hospital at exactly the same moment Hiro is waking up, the "Cloning-man" also appeared out of nothing at Matts house just as Peter and Sylar got free etc. Also... how did Noah find the Carnival in the first place, wasn't that a big problem and when he saw that someone else is shooting up the place why didn't he just headshot Samuel, seeing how "perceptive" he usually is?

Another thing pissing me off is that people seem to change allegiances and being bad/evil like other people change their underwear in this show and it changes from episode to episode depending in what mood the writers are in now... and also that as some people have pointed out they never seem to take the "obvious" way out... if Sylar is "good" again now, why didn't he take on the bad guy, why was he needed to "save" the deaf woman in the first place... everyone could've done it. They have a few "all-powerful/changing" characters with powers like Hiro, who can go back or forward in time/space and do whatever he wants, the Haitian who can stop everyone from using their powers and Sylar who has collected enough powers to make him almost godlike... but they always seem to be using them in some incredibly lame and unspectacular way instead.

And the whole "carnival" thing seemed farfetched to begin with, why would so many people abandon their lives to live in a wandering carnival with a bunch of psychos and why are some characters (like the carnival people) treated like sheep that apparently can't think or do/figure out things for themselves and don't even seem to exist when Samuel or Claire aren't around and need to be told what to do by either of them etc. etc.

Analogue with that they apparently need to involve the main actors in the show somehow, no matter if they're dead (shape-shifters) or supposedly gone/trapped in someone's head... they always seem to get screen time and overstay their welcome.

Hell a LOT of comic books and cartoons have better writing than this series at this point, it's a shame :/

Edited on 04/04/2010 10:06pm

feraflower

[101]Apr 11, 2010
    • level: 17

vimeskane wrote:
    I think this should have been the last season but since nbs decided to air the whole season be4 the olympics they couldn't wrap all things like 24 will since they know that their season is the last. NBC knew by olympic break the the ratings where very low 4 this show (around 5mill) and mix it with expensive to produce each episode you arn't making money of this show. When NBC doesn't let the writers know if this is the last season and don't even give them time time to write an ending that is a very poor treatment to the shows fans, just say this around janury of this year: We at NBC are very sorry but because of the declining ratings and the cost of producing each episode we have to terminate heroes, but we will increase the number of epsiodes this season to air after the olympic break so you will have the time end this show on a proper way. This is a kind of show that needs an proper ending and to ax it be4 the writers can write the end is just not good, if you are gonna ax it give heroes the prison break tratment make a tv movie called heroes the epilouge. Since the last episode ended with a to be continued so we can expect kring was expecting another season, so the last episode should end with the end. But I have bad feeling that heroes will be axed, since 24 can't survive with around 9 mill viewers how can heroes survive with almost half of that 5 mill

I said this before and I'll say it again: NBC will allow Heroes to come back if they feel they can milk good money off it. That's how Season Four happened. Since we haven't heard from NBC their decision on Heroes yet, I can only assume they're debating if the benefits outweigh the risks of bringing it back. Because even though Heroes has poor ratings, it has strong DVR numbers, and it has franchise value.

I don't think Heroes can take another season financially or creatively. The budget is so minuscule, heroes aren't using their powers when they should and when they use a power, you can tell how painstaking a calculation it was to decide where to use that power. And if the way this episode ended is any indication, Heroes has run out of gas.

I do think Heroes will return in some form. As a two-hour tv movie? Perhaps but Prison Break was a rare case in that it got the wrap-up that it did. Most networks aren't that generous. I believe NBC will either bring it back for a shortened order or cancel it completely.