Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread - "Tabula Rasa" **SPOILERS**

cactusjack39

[1]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 30
    Please discuss tonight's episode "Tabula Rasa" in this thread.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

VicVinegar

[2]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 3
    What's next? "One of Us, One of Them?"

zeekg87

[3]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 2
    It isnt adding up with sylar. They want the serial killer in him to come back in a place full of people with powers.......its like the writers are repeating. someone tries to control him, he hates authority, and then kills em...this show has to really pick up and get going.

ninjaman09

[4]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 11
    Wow, Claire remembered that her blood can heal people. And here I thought we were supposed to forget that bit of info, considering it's been a while since we've heard about it.

VicVinegar

[5]Oct 19, 2009
    Unbelievably annoying retread of Season 2. Sylar gets inhibited, goes thru an identity crisis, find himself, kills everyone. The cycle continues here again...

cactusjack39

[6]Oct 19, 2009
    Yeah, I think the memory angle is overplayed in the show, but I find it more entertaining with Sylar's memory plot rather than Peter's from season 2.

zeekg87

[7]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 2
    i wonder if when peter got healed, if his true powers were restored

Willy105

[8]Oct 19, 2009
    Now that was an episode!!!!!!!

KingofIPirates

[9]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 32
    Definitely the best episode so far; was interesting throughout, even Hiro was relatively tolerable in this one despite the cheesiness of the premise. at Noah claiming he has a power too. Sylar was spectacular in this one and so was Samuel's manipulation making this overall a good episode.
    zeekg87 wrote:
    No it wasn't..

ninjaman09

[10]Oct 19, 2009

I wonder why Peter didn't just teleport Jeremy and Noah back to Hiro to heal him, and then teleport them back so that they could deal with the police. Is it maybe because Peter and Noah didn't think Jeremy could handle it since he's only now just controlling his powers?

I'm glad that Sylar did get his memory back, but didn't get his entire personality back. It's a lot easier for Samuel to manipulate him. I liked seeing all of Sylar's past kills appear in the mirrors that surrounded him. Nice touch.

While I'm happy that Emma's warming up to her abilities, hers and Hiro's storyline felt like something was missing. And I think most of us predicted that Hiro would (or at least consider) go back to try and save Charlie.

Looks like next week's episode is Halloween-themed. Nice timing, huh? Speaking of next episode, seeing Sylar supposedly sleeping with Matt's wife was creepy!

zeekg87 wrote:

I don't think it's going to be that easy.

Edited on 10/19/2009 6:10pm

KingofIPirates

[11]Oct 19, 2009
    ninjaman09 wrote:
    Wow, Claire remembered that her blood can heal people. And here I thought we were supposed to forget that bit of info, considering it's been a while since we've heard about it.
    They did mention Claire's blood but they trumped it up to her blood would actually cause the tumor to become even more virulent, helping the tumor instead of hurting it because of it's regenerative abilities.
    ninjaman09 wrote:
    I wonder why Peter didn't just teleport Jeremy and Noah back to Hiro to heal him, and then teleport them back so that they could deal with the police. Is it maybe because Peter and Noah didn't think Jeremy could handle it since he's only now just controlling his powers?
    Probably as it was unstable though that same logic would then apply to Peter seeing that he took that power, eh a small lapse in the plot I suppose.
    Edited on 10/19/2009 6:13pm
    Edited 2 total times.

cactusjack39

[12]Oct 19, 2009

Great episode. I thought it was much better than last week's.

Peter was not annoying and I actually wasn't bored by his character. I thought it was a good plot for him in this one. It suited him well.

Hiro was good, and I liked his interaction with Emma. I enjoyed his rare interaction with Peter. Hardly happens so it was entertaining. And I am looking forward to him trying to save Charlie.

Hardly any Claire, which was a huge plus. When she's off the show, I feel the show flows better.

Noah and Jeremy were also good. Interesting relationship there.

And Sylar's storyline was okay. I am looking forward to a potential slaughter of the carnies at the hands of Sylar.

Overall, this episode was great. I would say it is the best episode so far this season.

cactusjack39

[13]Oct 19, 2009
    ninjaman09 wrote:

I'm glad that Sylar did get his memory back, but didn't get his entire personality back. It's a lot easier for Samuel to manipulate him. I liked seeing all of Sylar's past kills appear in the mirrors that surrounded him. Nice touch.

While I'm happy that Emma's warming up to her abilities, hers and Hiro's storyline felt like something was missing. And I think most of us predicted that Hiro would (or at least consider) go back to try and save Charlie.

Looks like next week's episode is Halloween-themed. Nice timing, huh? Speaking of next episode, seeing Sylar supposedly sleeping with Matt's wife was creepy!

zeekg87 wrote:

I don't think it's going to be that easy.

My guess is that if Peter touched Jeremy to teleport him back to the hospital, he might absorb Jeremy's ability and lose Hiro's power. Which is a moot point anyways as Peter drove back after taking Jeremy's ability.

KingofIPirates

[14]Oct 19, 2009
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    My guess is that if Peter touched Jeremy to teleport him back to the hospital, he might absorb Jeremy's ability and lose Hiro's power.
    He can decide when and where to take an ability as he would've fell out of the sky in trying to save Matt from Danko's men.
    Edited on 10/19/2009 6:22pm

cactusjack39

[15]Oct 19, 2009
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    My guess is that if Peter touched Jeremy to teleport him back to the hospital, he might absorb Jeremy's ability and lose Hiro's power.
    He can decide when and where to take an ability as he would've fell out of the sky in trying to save Matt from Danko's men.
    What about when he took Emma's ability? Did he know then? I don't think he decided to take her ability.

SSJAiden

[16]Oct 19, 2009
    I have a big problem with Hiro trying to save Charlie. In Season 1 he went back however many times and tried to save her already! He finally accepted it and said it to Ando, he tried and tried but everytime he still couldnt save her, she just wasn't meant to be saved. So why is trying to save her again? Why are the writers pretending like its possible when we were already told it wasnt?

Willy105

[17]Oct 19, 2009
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    What about when he took Emma's ability? Did he know then? I don't think he decided to take her ability.

Hiro takes the ability of anyone he touches, accidentally or otherwise. He has no control.Never had, even when he could have more than one.

cactusjack39

[18]Oct 19, 2009

Willy105 wrote:
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    Hiro takes the ability of anyone he touches, accidentally or otherwise. He has no control.Never had, even when he could have more than one.
    You mean Peter?

And anyways, that's what I kind of thought.

KingofIPirates

[19]Oct 19, 2009
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    It was simply an accident, similar to the involuntary movement that occurs when for example a doctor taps your knee. Granted you are in full control of your legs but when a certain amount of force is applied to a specific area you experience a knee-jerk reflex.
    Willy105 wrote:
    He has no control.Never had, even when he could have more than one.
    He does have control as he can choose when to take an ability; seemingly excessive force through contact triggers the ability automatically like a reflex which accounts for the Emma situation.
    Edited on 10/19/2009 6:42pm

a_noob_is_rokz

[20]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 9
    My theory is that he just had a lapse in control when he touched Emma. Seems reasonable enough, since it's not like he expected her to have an ability.

Anyway, great episode. I loved Sylar and Peter. Hiro was the most likable he's been in ages. I was hoping for a little more between Edgar and Sylar. Not necessarily fighting (although I do love a good Ray Parks fight scene), but more interaction. I was disappointed that they killed the new police officer. I half-hoped they would use my spin-off idea, but with Samuel instead of Claude and the police guy instead of HRG. Still, it was one of the better death scenes, because I really wasn't sure if he would be killed.

This episode wasn't great as far as continuity is concerned (Samuel's known about Sylar for years, Claire's blood, Hiro went back three years to meet Charlie), but it was still good.

I'm liking Sylar still thinking he's Nathan. One thing that made me smile was when the police officer told him his name was Gabriel and he said that's not true, I thought he meant his name was Sylar. Now we find out he meant his name is Nathan. Nice touch. Thus far, Samuel's handling the whole manipulating Sylar thing very well. This may last a whole four episodes!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I missed Claire and Tracy. Last time we saw Claire, she had just been kissed by a lesbian she suspected of murder. She seemed OK in her brief scene, so maybe she wasn't too traumatized. I also missed the steady supply of snark we got from Matt and Syler Durden, but it looks like we'll get plenty of that next episode. Unfortunately, it looks like Claire's plot next episode is going to suck... I'm probably the only person in the world who finds that surprising.