Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread - "Tabula Rasa" **SPOILERS**

VicVinegar

[21]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 3
    I predict the carnies will all be dead and scattered by Christmas break.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

enervator

[22]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 38
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    My guess is that if Peter touched Jeremy to teleport him back to the hospital, he might absorb Jeremy's ability and lose Hiro's power.
    He can decide when and where to take an ability as he would've fell out of the sky in trying to save Matt from Danko's men.
    What about when he took Emma's ability? Did he know then? I don't think he decided to take her ability.
    It was simply an accident, similar to the involuntary movement that occurs when for example a doctor taps your knee. Granted you are in full control of your legs but when a certain amount of force is applied to a specific area you experience a knee-jerk reflex.
    Willy105 wrote:
    He has no control.Never had, even when he could have more than one.
    He does have control as he can choose when to take an ability; seemingly excessive force through contact triggers the ability automatically like a reflex which accounts for the Emma situation.

So he has total control over the ability, except for when he doesn't?

JWEBSR

[24]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 8
    I loved the episode. Claire in only a cameo is great. Sylar continues to entertain me. And I think it'll be interesting if the carnies go after Matt to bring him in. I hope that the healer fixed Peter and Peter just doesn't realize it yet. All the anti-superhero folks may disagree, but Sylar is too powerful to be stopped by anyone as they stand now. And if he decides to hang at the carnival, that group is too strong for our wimpy good guys to handle. I am dreading The Claire Show next week(I guess her contract demands one after she is left out of one). I hate this hazing angle and I can bet that it'll be long, drawn out, cheezy, and take up half of the episode. Oh well. Maybe the Sylar impeding on Matt's bedroom action will salvage things.

KingofIPirates

[26]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 32
    enervator wrote:

So he has total control over the ability, except for when he doesn't?
    Yes a momentary lapse in control as what usually occurs in an accident. Like having the ability to run and tripping as a result of losing your footing on a rock. Granted you have total control over your legs but you momentarily lost control on account of the rock being in your path. Similar thing happened to Peter.
    Edited on 10/19/2009 8:23pm

Princess_Pinky

[27]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 11

cactusjack39 wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    My guess is that if Peter touched Jeremy to teleport him back to the hospital, he might absorb Jeremy's ability and lose Hiro's power.
    He can decide when and where to take an ability as he would've fell out of the sky in trying to save Matt from Danko's men.
    What about when he took Emma's ability? Did he know then? I don't think he decided to take her ability.

My theory is that Peter's been so disconnected with people lately, which is why he can only take one power at a time. He's so detatched that he can only connect to one person at a time, instead of the way he used to empathize (both as an ability and as a person) with multiple people. And as far as Emma goes, I think it's clear that she is being set up as a love interest for Peter. So I think when he saved her, he empathically connected to her (whether he realized this or not), which allowed him to accidentally pick up on her ability.

Edited on 10/19/2009 8:59pm

KingofIPirates

[28]Oct 19, 2009
    Princess_Pinky wrote:
    My theory is that Peter's been so disconnected with people lately, which is why he can only take one power at a time. He's so detatched that he can only connect to one person at a time, instead of the way he used to empathize (both as an ability and as a person) with multiple people.
    His father took his original powers from him in Dying of the Light. He injected himself with the formula in Dual and obtained a new synthetic ability.
    Edited on 10/19/2009 9:12pm

Princess_Pinky

[29]Oct 19, 2009

KingofIPirates wrote:
    Princess_Pinky wrote:
    My theory is that Peter's been so disconnected with people lately, which is why he can only take one power at a time. He's so detatched that he can only connect to one person at a time, instead of the way he used to empathize (both as an ability and as a person) with multiple people.
    His father took his original powers from him in Dying of the Light. He injected himself with the formula in Dual and obtained a new synthetic ability.

I disagree.

I interpreted the scene as him reactivating his abilities synthetically. It doesn't make sense that his genetic makeup would suddenly change to give him a completely different ability. But by that point he did reactive his ability, he was already too detached for it to work the way it used to.

Edited on 10/19/2009 10:15pm

KingofIPirates

[30]Oct 19, 2009
    His genetic makeup didn't change persay, the genes that activated his abilities were deactivated and that genetic information was transfered to Arthur.
    The reason he now has a completely different ability is the modification of other genes which account for the difference in ability.

The fact that he's forming new connections with others and has still been unable to use his original ability is proof enough that the formula gave him new abilities.

SVU_number_1fan

[31]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 17
    finally heroes u steped it up 2nite really liked this eppy very good sylar coming back will b tight gosh peter was a little late on the bullte hitting him lol but glad he is okay loved this eppy they left me in suspence!!

GiancarloChico

[32]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 7
    i think they should just take out tracy strouss. i never did like ali larter and her new "romance" with bennett is too far-fetched. what i thought was original was how the writers were able to think ahead and actually make the plot more interesting by splitting sylar's body and personality into two different places. it makes me wonder what's going to happen..........especcially since nathan is struggling to get out of him as well. as for claire i think she's going to finally start becoming more involved in the plot. as for hiro he's obviously going to fail saving charlie because if he does then he's going to end up not saving new york city and everything will be messed up. what really has me perplexed is tht i think the writers are trying to take peter off of his throne. they're making his character into a person wo doesnt want power anymore. he just wants to save people and so i think the heroes are going to have to eventually tag-team against sylar to beat him. its a good change because it shows how essential every hero is in the plot. the last thing im confused about is the true overall plot of the season. we know tht samuel is the new bad guy but we have no idea what direction the plot is going in. being in the dark sucks but it at least keeps the fans hungry for more.

GiancarloChico

[33]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 7
    oh one more tiny thing. peter's going to heal emma's deafness. i wonder how that'll affect the next couple of episodes.

ralphkings

[34]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 5
    I love this episode and see charlie again is going to be awesome.
    I think heroes is on track again after 2 seasons very confusing and with messed up things. It was a long time ago that an episode makes me to want see what's next!

ashleyOo

[35]Oct 20, 2009
    I really liked this weeks episode. I thought it was a lot better than last weeks. I actually enjoy Sylar's plot, and look forward to next weeks episode because of it. I liked the interaction between Hiro and Emma. Looking forward to Hiro trying to save Charlie.

Oh! and I got a good laugh when Peter came back to life after being healed by Jeremy. That was a great performance. His little chuckle right after he was brought back to life when HRG said "welcome back" or something to that effect. Actually, I enjoyed that whole storyline there with HRG, Peter, and Jeremy. But what I liked most about this weeks episode was that there was very little Claire.

alwaysobsessed

[36]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 22
    VicVinegar wrote:
    I predict the carnies will all be dead and scattered by Christmas break.
    somehow I cant help but think the same.

alwaysobsessed

[37]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 22
    This episode was great! The season keeps getting better and better
    Edited on 10/20/2009 7:04am

suprememango

[38]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 4
    I really hope Peter does not heal Emma's deafness. It's part of who she is and I like having a hero with a disability. I do wonder if she was born deaf or became deaf. Hmm. But no heals. And I am really enjoying her character. Very real and easy to connect with.

SSJAiden

[39]Oct 20, 2009
    I have a big problem with Hiro trying to save Charlie. In Season 1 he went back however many times and tried to save her already! He finally accepted it and said it to Ando, he tried and tried but everytime he still couldnt save her, she just wasn't meant to be saved. So why is trying to save her again? Why are the writers pretending like its possible when we were already told it wasnt?

Willy105

[40]Oct 20, 2009
    What is all this discussion about Peter that makes no sense?

It makes perfect sense!