Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread - "Tabula Rasa" **SPOILERS**

Willy105

[41]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 11
    SSJAiden wrote:
    I have a big problem with Hiro trying to save Charlie. In Season 1 he went back however many times and tried to save her already! He finally accepted it and said it to Ando, he tried and tried but everytime he still couldnt save her, she just wasn't meant to be saved. So why is trying to save her again? Why are the writers pretending like its possible when we were already told it wasnt?

He's not trying to save her, he's out to fulfill a promise he made to her.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[42]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 32
    Willy105 wrote:
    SSJAiden wrote:
    I have a big problem with Hiro trying to save Charlie. In Season 1 he went back however many times and tried to save her already! He finally accepted it and said it to Ando, he tried and tried but everytime he still couldnt save her, she just wasn't meant to be saved. So why is trying to save her again? Why are the writers pretending like its possible when we were already told it wasnt?

He wrote down on a piece of paper 'Save Charlie'.

ejcobblers

[43]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 1
    This was already said but ignored i think dont think i missed anything. In this episode peter was healed and this would have lead to him regaining his original ability of being able to hold more than one ability?

a_noob_is_rokz

[44]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 9

KingofIPirates wrote:
    Willy105 wrote:
    SSJAiden wrote:
    He wrote down on a piece of paper 'Save Charlie'.
    Peter can heal her brain now.

As for the healer restoring Peter's powers: Hell no! The last thing this show needs is Peter being able to solo the entire Carnival by the 10th episode. He's still strong enough to fight Sylar and that's all he needs. Besides, if he's stuck with one power and forced to give up healing for another power, Hiro will die!!! If he gets his power back in some deus ex machina like this, I'll seriously consider not watching. On the other hand, if he develops his power like he did with Claude and starts holding onto a couple powers at a time, I would be quite happy (especially if Claude is the one to train him), but I don't think the writers are even interested in that. Where did everyone get this idea that his original ability will inevitably be restored?

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I like how Samuel is handling Sylar. He hasn't lied to him (yet) and I think he may start to genuinely like him.

I suspect the next episode will break the chain of good episodes, but let's hope I'm wrong. I will automatically like it if we get some hint of what the Carnival is actually planning and/or some reference to the compass again. The rest of the episode can just be Claire doing her makeup, Mohinder doing a voiceover while studying soemthing, or the Petrellis eating dinner for all I care. But I want some info on the Carnival

Edited on 10/20/2009 12:47pm

KingofIPirates

[45]Oct 20, 2009
    ejcobblers wrote:
    In this episode peter was healed and this would have lead to him regaining his original ability of being able to hold more than one ability?
    Not necessarily as the genes themselves that were originally responsible for his ability were 'deactivated' during the transfer of genetic information to Arthur. He would need Matt Jr's help to reactivate his lost power.
    a_noob_is_rokz wrote:
    Peter can heal her brain now.
    Hiro doesn't know that so it makes absolutely no sense why he would try and attempt it yet again.

a_noob_is_rokz

[46]Oct 20, 2009
    Didn't Peter mention he was going to find someone who could save Hiro or something to that effect?

TVanimal

[47]Oct 20, 2009

best episode in a long time.....storylines that progress in a way that makes the show worth watching are always welcome.

As for the whole peter getting his old ability back scenario, its just not right for sylar not to have an equal power-wise. i think there are many ways to restore peters original ability in the show and all of them could be possible/realistic. though now hiro's attempting to save charlie maybe he changes history a little or brings something back with him (maybe past peter) and gets present peter sorted out.

KeithLord

[48]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 1
    Lets face the facts, it was dumb writing to loose powers in the first place. I really never saw the point behind taking away Hiro/Peter's powers and then teasing us fans, for the rest of the season on how and when they will get them back, it just sucked ass!

All writers need and have done, is to create people with a unique power, like touch and go & possibly the healer for Peter. I really am scratching my head why Hiro can go from only using just time freeze in Fugitives to teleporting in Redemption? That is past the bad writing vibe!!

I dont buy the whole Peter cant use powers because he doesnt 'connect with people', no matter how much its sold by fans and producers (he does use individual powers with incredible ease to an extent so why would more pose a problem) but hay what works, works!

Annoyingly I really like the way they have written his powers recently(humour when failing to run & not teleporting for a while). Im up in the air as a result but I do miss 'God Peter' although the writing and plot holes (why didnt you read Adam's mind s2 / too many to mention s3) were terrible, past s1!

Whether or not the healer gave him his original ability is debatable. Its quite pointless if not a little predictible that he would not get to Hiro before he 'jumped'. I think he will continue to use the healing ability to do his job better until Hiro comes back to the present in a few eps and who knows from there.

Despite my original vow to not watch the show, I have really enjoyed the season so far but am v sceptical with the direction they will take the show. In other words what the Carnival and T-Bag/Magneto clone end game will be!

Again I personally hope Sylar has a blood buffet with a few carny's successfully fleeing and well I havnt a clue from there )))

KingofIPirates

[49]Oct 20, 2009
    a_noob_is_rokz wrote:
    Didn't Peter mention he was going to find someone who could save Hiro or something to that effect?
    Yeah except he teleported like a duck before Peter got there.
    Edited on 10/20/2009 1:00pm

piranhapete

[50]Oct 20, 2009
    Really enjoyed this episode!

RE: Charlie...

Hiro said, "I traveled backwards, forwards, and I still couldn't save her." Maybe it's because I didn't read the novel, but I got the impression Hiro only went back in time once, and when he realized she was going to die anyway and had made peace with it, saving her from the killer wouldn't have been fruitful enough to mess time up for, especially since he was temporarily without his powers.
    Now he's realized that just because one is dying, that doesn't mean one shouldn't still try to live. So he's going back in time to save her.

Am I the only one who's wondering: if Hiro saves Charlie from Sylar, will Sylar's memories of his killings no longer be intact? What if Charlie's memory was the only thing making Sylar remember those things? Could be interesting if he actually alters the timeline.

Also the Claire hatred is inexplicable to me. While the Noah-Claire scene from Acceptance sucked like a black hole, I think her storyline next week looks really creative once you piece together what seems to really be going on. Looking forward to it...

a_noob_is_rokz

[51]Oct 20, 2009
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    a_noob_is_rokz wrote:
    But he stills knows there was a chance they could save Charlie and it's not like he teleported on purpose.

Gueststar01

[52]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 3
    Where is Mohinder?!

I wan't my crazy little indian Spiderman!

KingofIPirates

[53]Oct 20, 2009
    a_noob_is_rokz wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    a_noob_is_rokz wrote:
    But he stills knows there was a chance they could save Charlie and it's not like he teleported on purpose.
    Why would he teleport before the person that potentially has the power to save your life and that of Charlies arrives there? And yes it did seem like he teleported on purpose based on what he wrote and the fact Emma even warned him to wait for Peter.
    Edited on 10/20/2009 2:42pm

Princess_Pinky

[54]Oct 20, 2009

suprememango wrote:
    I really hope Peter does not heal Emma's deafness. It's part of who she is and I like having a hero with a disability. I do wonder if she was born deaf or became deaf. Hmm. But no heals. And I am really enjoying her character. Very real and easy to connect with.

That would be terrible if they tried to have Peter heal Emma. She doesn't need to be healed, she doesn't have a disability, she just does things in a different way. Although I wouldn't mind if they did an episode where Peter wanted to heal Emma and she explained to him that being deaf is part of who she is and she doesn't want to change that. (If you talk to people who are deaf, the majority of them will tell you that they don't want to be hearing if they had the choice, because it would be giving up a part of who they are.)

And going by her voice, I'd guess that Emma was born deaf. Or at least has been deaf from an extremely early age. Anyway, I agree that her character is really fresh and unique. I'm glad they're bringing in a different culture into the show with the introduction of Emma.

ETA:

KingofIPirates wrote:
    a_noob_is_rokz wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    a_noob_is_rokz wrote:
    Why would he teleport before the person that potentially has the power to save your life and that of Charlies arrives there? And yes it did seem like he teleported on purpose based on what he wrote and the fact Emma even warned him to wait for Peter.

No it didn't. If he had teleported on purpose, he would not have promised to wait for Peter. And he would have teleported to Charlie long before he did. He was waiting for Peter and he was going back to bed as asked when he accidentally teleported, just as he did when he accidentally teleported to the carnival.

Edited on 10/20/2009 5:07pm

cactusjack39

[55]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 30
    I actually like Emma more than any current female character on the show.

thetruesora

[56]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 22
    The actress who plays Emma is deaf so there is no way they will heal the character's hearing.

Kromdale

[57]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 4

Issues with the writers this season.

A) Matt and his amazing powers. First he has telepathy. But it grows to mind control/hypnosis (the whole lock the dad in a virtual room). Then he becomes a telepathic/mind control/painting prophet. Now he can transfer souls/personalities. YET he cant control one mind. Sylers. Now remember Nathan had croaked, died, left this plane, cold stiff when Matt enters the picture BUT he transferred Nathans personality/soul into Syler we are lead to believe. Such powers but his kryptonite is good old Syler.

B) Ok so Bennet and Claire both remember about the whole blood healing (which I really had hoped they would just pretend it never happened) thing YET they were both at the location of Nathans death and just let him die. Guess Mom/Bennet think changing Syler into Nathan is better then using the blood to bring back Nathan. Nice friends.

C) Peter has control of his powers only he doesnt when the writers need a lame excuse to expose the fact that Emma has powers. If he has control then why did he take Emmas powers? If he doesnt have control, Why didnt he take Samuels power when he shakes his hand? Now i lean toward the he has control and but he doesnt "stop" himself from taking power if he doesnt know they have one which would explain Emma but not Samuel.

D) Ok Peter who controls time cant stop time walk up to room and remove the shotgun? Must every Hero except Syler use his/her powers like a dumbass?

E) Hiro tried MANY times to save Charlie. Heck, if i remember the show right, we saw him try at least three times and hinted that he tried hundreds of times without success to save Charlie. Dont get me wrong, I loved Charlie's character. The number of characters in this series who arnt depressing is staggering. You have Hiro and Ando, Micah, DL (who they kill not once but twice the same way) and Charlie. Peter is ok too i guess. The rest have issues. Adam (evil mercenary), Claire (im a freak, her words), Nikki123(1 is mental and 2 was ice queen-happy?, i think not), Bennet (Company man who bags and tags heroes), Mohinder(spidercreep), Nathan(dislikes having power/then locks up his fellow heroes for their own good), Syler(well duh), Angela(mom from hell), Peters Dad (Dad from hell), Maya (hi i get stressed and kill folks), Elle (I like to fry folks) and the list goes on and on.

F)Healer boy. Now im assuming his powers dont work on dead folks since mom and dad are written off. But im sure the writers will have him or Peter bring someone back from the dead later in the season.

G) Why is the invis girl even bothering with Claire? I thought they found their new member in Syler. I can only hope that Hiro saves Charlie and thus the Cheerleader is never saved.

And I keep watching only because of Hiro at this point since they killed DL (twice), made Micah an orphan and booted him from the series.

GiancarloChico

[58]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 7
    the reason he didnt teleport jeremy to hiro was because his parents are dead in his house. they needed jeremy to stay there so tht he and bennet could deal with the police situation. it had nothing to do with him accidently taking his power.

M3SLB

[59]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 7
    very good episode.

KingofIPirates

[60]Oct 21, 2009
    Princess_Pinky wrote:
    No it didn't. If he had teleported on purpose, he would not have promised to wait for Peter. And he would have teleported to Charlie long before he did. He was waiting for Peter and he was going back to bed as asked when he accidentally teleported, just as he did when he accidentally teleported to the carnival.
    Given his blissful reaction to the situation when he did teleport to Charlie this is highly unlikely especially when compared to his dismayed reaction when he actually did accidentally teleport to the Carnival.
    Not to mention he already broke his promise of not to leave (we know she was referring to the bed because in the moments prior to her asking him to make the promise, he was being scolded by the other Nurse about staying in the bed) until Peter returns given the fact that he left the hospital bed and went to see Emma playing the piano.