Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread - "Tabula Rasa" **SPOILERS**

thetruesora

[61]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 22
    His excitement was because he saw Charlie (the one girl he really loved). It was an accident as Pinky said, but after it happened he saw her and became happy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

a_noob_is_rokz

[62]Oct 21, 2009
    • level: 9
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    Princess_Pinky wrote:
    No it didn't. If he had teleported on purpose, he would not have promised to wait for Peter. And he would have teleported to Charlie long before he did. He was waiting for Peter and he was going back to bed as asked when he accidentally teleported, just as he did when he accidentally teleported to the carnival.
    Given his blissful reaction to the situation when he did teleport to Charlie this is highly unlikely especially when compared to his dismayed reaction when he actually did accidentally teleport to the Carnival.
    Not to mention he already broke his promise of not to leave (we know she was referring to the bed because in the moments prior to her asking him to make the promise, he was being scolded by the other Nurse about staying in the bed) until Peter returns given the fact that he left the hospital bed and went to see Emma playing the piano.
    He teleported in a place where he could easily be seen by other people. Hiro's stupid, but not that stupid.

TheRealJayDee

[63]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 2

Does anybody in the Heroes world worry about Nathan being missing? One could think he was kind of a public figure, and people might notice that all of a sudden he just isn't there anymore. And not just his already worried mother, who happens to know that he is actually an immortal serial killer, but, idk, the people at his bureau for example?!

Besides that, yay to no Claire and Tracy! Horray for scheming Robert Knepper! Hopefully they won't take Sylar down the same path as usual. Emma is officially my favourite character now besides Noah! Hiro and Peter were both okay. Hopefully the writers know what they're doing with this little trip in the past. History tells us they don't. Weird mentioning Claire's blood again, are they finally planning to use it?

Noah should be declared Heroes' Charles Xavier. I mean, first he knows more about the powers than anyone else. He's probaly starting to find a new meaning to his life in helping scared murdering kids helping to deal with their new situation. He could find the people with abilities and teach them how to live with them and use them for the good of mankind. He doesn't have Cerebro to locate them, but he always seems to have access to his old company data, which obviously contains enough information about special people to for example instantly find the nearest healer. If he could gather Molly and Micah he'd be even more awesome. He could found the "Bennet Institute for gifted people", with Peter, Hiro, Claire, Micah, Molly, Emma and Tracy as his students. Angela could finance it, Peter would be class representative, thus finally making his mum love him more and forget about Nathan. Noah, the Haitian and Claude would be teachers, maybe with Mohinder joining as the crazy scientist professor. And from time to time they clash with "The Brotherhood of evil people with special abilities" aka "The Carnival of Villains"...

Edited on 10/22/2009 5:18pm
    Edited 2 total times.

GiancarloChico

[64]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 7
    TheRealJayDee wrote:

Does anybody in the Heroes world worry about Nathan being missing? One could think he was kind of a public figure, and people might notice that all of a sudden he just isn't there anymore. And not just his already worried mother, who happens to know that he is actually an immortal serial killer, but, idk, the people at his bureau for example?!

Besides that, yay to no Claire and Tracy! Horray for scheming Robert Knepper! Hopefully they won't take Sylar down the same path as usual. Emma is officially my favourite character now besides Noah! Hiro and Peter were both okay. Hopefully the writers know what they're doing with this little trip in the past. History tells us they don't. Weird mentioning Claire's blood again, are they finally planning to use it?

Noah should be declared Heroes' Charles Xavier. I mean, first he knows more about the powers than anyone else. He's probaly starting to find a new meaning to his life in helping scared murdering kids helping to deal with their new situation. He could find the people with abilities and teach them how to live with them and use them for the good of mankind. He doesn't have Cerebro to locate them, but he always seems to have access to his old company data, which obviously contains enough information about special people to for example instantly find the nearest healer. If he could gather Molly and Micah he'd be even more awesome. He could found the "Bennet Institute for gifted people", with Peter, Hiro, Claire, Micah, Molly, Emma and Tracy as his students. Angela could finance it, Peter would be class representative, thus finally making his mum love him more and forget about Nathan. Noah, the Haitian and Claude would be teachers, maybe with Mohinder joining as the crazy scientist professor. And from time to time they clash with "The Brotherhood of evil people with special abilities" aka "The Carnival of Villains"...

that is one of the most ridiculous things ive ever heard of. this isn't x-men dude. it's a bunch of lost people with super powers trying to find their destiny. everything is messy. nothing is organized and that's the beauty of it because the characters can change in an instant from good to bad or vice versa. u never know what's going to happen next. as for nathan they might bring him back somehow. u never know. theyve been trying to kill him off since the first season. tracy strauss was gone for a while and now she's back. u never know with nathan. he was my favorite character too :C

tjeppe24

[65]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 1
    I think the reason for hiro going back to save Charlie is so the writers can give him a "happy ending". I think he will finally save her return too the present, glad that he saved his lost love, and then die at the side of the people he loves. This could be the writers oppertunity too write a decent exit for one of the most populare characters on the show.. i think...

Willy105

[66]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 11
    Nathan has only been missing for like, a day. He is a grown man, so nobody would even think he's missing until they need him for something and he isn't there, which hasn't happened yet.

TVanimal

[67]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 9
    completely agree with the remark that all heroes apart from sylar use thier powers like idiots, look at peter, he could've been more powerful than sylar could ever be.

toxic_boy21

[68]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 13
    FINALLY!!! I'm officially back into HEROES with this episode, I finally loved it again! Didn't want to admit it, but it was starting to get boring ... best episode yet. And VERY interesting with the Matt/ Sylar mind twist. I like it alot more now

tvssecondchild

[69]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 14

It's sort of funny how Hiro now believes that he can "save Charlie" when he knew that she had a brain tumor... I'm not sure how he can "undo" her brain tumor. In fact, Charlie knew him noly after she had thhe disease.

The scenes with Emma and Hiro were the best part of the episode. It's strange though, it seems like one episode "Hiro is dying" and the next he's off using his powers like he was in the past. I guess Ando has been left by the wayside again?

Sylar's plot is getting interesting, especially now that he vaguely remembers who he is. Although it seems like Lydia (I think that's her name) find his attractive and we all know what happens to female/male love interests in Heroes, they always die.

More Sylar, Hiro and Noah, less Tracy = better stroylines.

BAGTbird

[70]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 10

thetruesora wrote:
    The actress who plays Emma is deaf so there is no way they will heal the character's hearing.

Ah, so she wasn't faking it here or when she was on CSI. It just hit me this week that I'd seen her in something else, and her character there was also deaf.

thetruesora

[71]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 22
    BAGTbird wrote:

thetruesora wrote:
    The actress who plays Emma is deaf so there is no way they will heal the character's hearing.

Ah, so she wasn't faking it here or when she was on CSI. It just hit me this week that I'd seen her in something else, and her character there was also deaf.

She was also the title character in a tv show called "Sue Thomas F.B.Eye" which being deaf was a big part of the premise. She is completely deaf in one ear and uses a hearing aid to be able to hear a little in the other ear.

blue_menace0

[72]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 3

zeekg87 wrote:
    It isnt adding up with sylar. They want the serial killer in him to come back in a place full of people with powers.......its like the writers are repeating. someone tries to control him, he hates authority, and then kills em...this show has to really pick up and get going.

VicVinegar wrote:
    Unbelievably annoying retread of Season 2. Sylar gets inhibited, goes thru an identity crisis, find himself, kills everyone. The cycle continues here again...

I know! This plot-line is getting REALLY boring, & really ridiculously repetitive. They really need to stop.

I thought this was a bit of a dull episode... not much happened.. other then HRG's new drive to actually help people 7 do stuff again.

(Sylar's memories coming back really count as anything happening since they've done his identity crisis plot for what feels a countless number of times by now. It's become real uninteresting).

Edited on 10/25/2009 9:45pm

BtflDsastr23

[73]Oct 27, 2009
    • level: 6

HRG told Jeremy that understanding people like him was hisability. Forshadowing?

Maybe he and his superiors assumed he was just really good at his job, when in fact it was his ability to "understand" that made him good in the first place. The man deals with extraordinary people under extraordinary circumstances, after all. Things most people could see with their own two eyes and still deny. Seriously, how many people would shine the way he does when it comes to tracking, bagging, tagging, protecting, nuetralizing, and eliminating people who can become invisble, travel through time, read and control minds, kill using only their thoughts... so on.

Could it be that HRG was never really one of "us", but one of "them" all along?

KingofIPirates

[74]Oct 27, 2009
    • level: 32
    I think your reading far too much into what he said. It was simply a means to help convince Jeremy to trust him..
    Edited on 10/27/2009 2:28pm

EKATZ

[75]Sep 7, 2011
    • level: 3

When Sylar had talked with lydia, he was supposed to suggest that he'd get some shovels, according to the closed captioning. Then, he'd encountered and briefly fought with Edgar. After Jeremy had accidentally shot Peter Petrelli, Noah was supposed to say "Oh my God." right before he'd told him to stay with him. When Lubbock saw Sylar he was supposed to say "You!" when he'd first pointed his gun at him.