Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread: The Wall (possible spoilers)

KingofIPirates

[21]Feb 2, 2010
    • level: 32
    Subpar episode overall, was woefully bland and insipid throughout. The attempt to cast Sylar in a now positive light felt forced and unrealistic (knowing that the passage of time was mentally accelerated did nothing to help), rehashing the same old plot lines involving Bennet's tortured tragic-hero type history was completely unnecessary and felt like it was introduced just to kill time given the fact we've known this from the start. Claire was mind numbingly typical in this one, once again she discovers some deep dark secret about her father and once again she storms off in a fury of emotional bluster. Just more of the same of what we've come to expect.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CrazyGamer9163

[22]Feb 2, 2010
    • level: 5
    I loved the episode when I was seeing Peter and Sylar together, but all other things it was okay, and the flashbacks were absolutly awful and wasted a lot of time. Is it just me or do you think the Multiply guy is the same actor/looks like the guy from Men in Black (the first movie) as the main villain person? Are they the same actor?

KingofIPirates

[23]Feb 2, 2010
    No.. it was this guy.

belle94

[24]Feb 3, 2010
    • level: 6
    WPack911 wrote:
    belle94 wrote:

Speaking of... this isn't the last season of Heroes, right?

NBC has not renewed it and it's domestic ratings have slipped to an alltime low, so it very well could be, all we can do is wait and see.

Aw dang. Guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that it'll get at least one more, hopefully much better, season.

shadowspy24

[25]Feb 3, 2010
    • level: 11
    The only thing good about this episode was the Peter/Sylar interaction although it could have been done better, it was nice to see them talking instead of ripping pieces out of each other.

Two little quips though:
    a) Where the hell did Matt go? did he just leave them there and leave his front door open so the clone guy could come in?
    b) Does Sylar have GPS attached to him such that anyone could find him and get to him in 10 seconds?

thetruesora

[26]Feb 3, 2010
    • level: 22
    1)Well Matt appears again next episode and talks to Peter and Sylar after the multiple man has been dealt with. He probably figured Peter was stuck inside Sylar (which he was) since it was a few hours later and so Matt just left them both down there i'm guessing?

KingofIPirates

[27]Feb 3, 2010
    shadowspy24 wrote:

b) Does Sylar have GPS attached to him such that anyone could find him and get to him in 10 seconds?
    I'm thinking he does

writergirl06

[29]Feb 3, 2010
    • level: 10
    Sylar as a hero = Shark Jumping. This coming from someone who's always defended the show =/.

Bash2cool

[30]Feb 4, 2010
    somebody mentioned before (as they were bashing the episode) that the wall just came out of nowhere......well no it didn't Peter wanted to get out, Sylar didn't...then when they both wanted to get out, thats when the wall appeared. Then the wall was impossible to break through until peter forgave sylar. point is, they both had to work together physically and mentally. that was the purpose of the wall which i thought was played out pretty well.

CrazyGamer9163

[31]Feb 4, 2010
    • level: 5
    Bash2cool wrote:
    somebody mentioned before (as they were bashing the episode) that the wall just came out of nowhere......well no it didn't Peter wanted to get out, Sylar didn't...then when they both wanted to get out, thats when the wall appeared. Then the wall was impossible to break through until peter forgave sylar. point is, they both had to work together physically and mentally. that was the purpose of the wall which i thought was played out pretty well.

Agreed.

captou

[32]Feb 7, 2010
    • level: 7

Did anyone else think that the story of Bennet's past was really shallow? The same goes with the subsequent Claire/Bennet interaction if you ask me... Anyway, I think it's possible that Sylar is gonna die as the good guy trying to save Emma and the rest...

Rachwhut

[33]Feb 7, 2010

I really liked the Sylar/Peter aspects of this episode. Especially the part towards the end, where Peter taps Sylar on the shoulder and gives him the 'Pillars of the Earth' book. I found that bit Strangely adorable.

Moving on, the whole Claire thing is just... insanely boring, bordering on intolerable. HRG had his heart broken when his wife was murdered, but still it's ALL ABOUT CLAIRE and her daddy issues. Really, just kill her off already or, better yet, bury her alive.

Oh, wait a minute, she is buried alive. Lovely =]

wpflum

[34]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 3
    Rachwhut wrote:

I really liked the Sylar/Peter aspects of this episode. Especially the part towards the end, where Peter taps Sylar on the shoulder and gives him the 'Pillars of the Earth' book. I found that bit Strangely adorable.

Moving on, the whole Claire thing is just... insanely boring, bordering on intolerable. HRG had his heart broken when his wife was murdered, but still it's ALL ABOUT CLAIRE and her daddy issues. Really, just kill her off already or, better yet, bury her alive.

Oh, wait a minute, she is buried alive. Lovely =]

Here's an idea. Leave the HRG and Clair in the ground for an entire season that way Clair can go insane watching 'Daddy' slowly suffocate and spend time with his corpse. Then if Heroes survives another season have the last scene of the season show her digging her way out of the ground to become the next seasons insanely evil villain bent on destroying all other specials since a special killed 'daddy'. Insane and evil Clairbear could be a very interesting character.

Bill

maoejo

[35]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 4
    Sorry, not gonna happen. In fact, never happened.

wpflum

[36]Feb 9, 2010
    • level: 3
    maoejo wrote:
    Sorry, not gonna happen. In fact, never happened.

Considering I posted this before the last episode aired why are you being a jerk??

maoejo

[37]Feb 9, 2010
    • level: 4
    Sorry. I'll shut up now. Sorry for being a jerk.