Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread - "Upon This Rock/Let it Bleed" **SPOILERS*

cactusjack39

[1]Jan 4, 2010
    • level: 30
    Please discuss tonight's episodes "Upon this Rock" and "Let it Bleed" in this thread.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DarkWolfAlphaII

[2]Jan 4, 2010
    • level: 3
    I'm speechless after what Samuel just did to Sylar.
    Edited on 01/04/2010 6:06pm

JWEBSR

[3]Jan 4, 2010
    • level: 8
    Hour one sucked. If Sylar remains dead, adios.

dubbielost

[4]Jan 4, 2010
    • level: 2
    wow sylar cant kill

JWEBSR

[5]Jan 4, 2010
    • level: 8
    Hour 2 sucks so far also.

DarkWolfAlphaII

[6]Jan 4, 2010
    • level: 3
    JWEBSR wrote:

Yeah, it kind of did. I'm glad that West got a reference. So Sylar is after Clair again. I also see that Nathan's wife and kids were at the funeral, I wonder why they didn't say anything.

apjccjqa

[7]Jan 4, 2010
    • level: 9

kind of feel the characters didn't go anywhere in these two episodes. i can only hope peter's story was an effort to exhaust his mourning for nathan so he can move on from here on out. i dunno what the purpose of bennet catching edgar was if he just escapes at the end like that. claire as usual was pretty useless and mopey, and sylar is still walking in circles and not really going anywhere. at least he used his power absorption empathy thing instead of murdering poor lydia. samuel is getting more and more interesting, too. and although i hated his mind going kablooey again at first, i like the little brain-puzzle hiro and ando had.

we can only hope they're setting up for something big because it all seems to be stagnant right now

a_noob_is_rokz

[8]Jan 4, 2010
    So, KOP, on one hand I'm tempted to type toldyaso in all caps because I was right about Sylar not needing an in depth psychoanalysis of a person to take an ability empathically. On the other hand, you completely called Emma's true ability the first time it was shown, so congratulations for that.

That aside, I enjoyed the first half, although I would have liked it better with more Petrelli and less Nakamura. The second half had its ups and downs. I am very glad that they've gone back to showing the grayer side of Samuel. For all his ills, he can make people who struggle with their powers learn to enjoy them, which is something nobody (including the heroes) has ever been able to do.

I was very pleased to see Bennet back to his old self in the second half. Kind of disappointed about things not working out with Edgar, though. Claire remaining suspicious of Samuel was also nice (also, Doyle!), because I was going to be very upset if she started blindly following him after all she has been through. Sylar receiving another beatdown was cool and I liked Peter trying to deal with the hostage situation.

On the down side, Hiro and Ando took too long to get to where they were going and the scene with Peter and Claire in the kitchen was awful. STILL no mention of using Claire's blood on Nathan, which sucked. I hoped they had a reason ready and were just waiting for Claire to find out so they could mention it. A couple other scenes irked me, but I don't feel like listing them right now.

feraflower

[9]Jan 4, 2010
    • level: 17

I find it hard to believe that after being dangerously on the verge of cancellation, Heroes pulls out yet another two hours of filler(less) junk. Summary: Samuel is evil, Sylar strips, Sylar steals Lydia's ability, Claire whines over how everyone's lying to her, Peter struggles after "Nathan"'s death, and Hiro's brain's turned into a slushie. AGAIN. Sylar is after Claire. AGAIN. Eyeroll.

Claire is on the verge of sinking to the level of Maya. This close. Whining, crying over how everyone's lying to her, yet being completely stupid towards Samuel. I actually wanted to smack her at how stupid she was being.

And Hiro's mind? Gone. AGAIN. Didn't work in Volume 3, doesn't work now. Al it does is slow down the action and have something we already know: Ando and Hiro will save Mohinder. We know they'll do it. We had the flashforward in the Fifth Stage? Hiro's mind being a slushie DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really not sure why Sylar is after Claire. Unless he has a little Petrelli fetish that hasn't been cured. Don't want to think about that too much.

No sign of Tracey. I got the feeling she's going to be slighted for the rest of the season. AGAIN.

Sigh. Okay. Done complaining. I will move on to the positives.

Best: Samuel OWNING Sylar. That little sandstorm he kicked up? And Sylar being shredded down to the skull? Priceless. And I loved that he admitted to Sylar he's not a good guy. At least he's being honest with himself. At least he's not delusional or completely.

Emma having a siren call? Ooooooo. Intriguing. And Peter's warning via Angela that she's going to kill thousands of people. Sound be something interesting next week.

Great to see Lauren. I like her. If Heroes gets a season five, can she stay? Please? Also nice to see Edgar.

At least Nathan and Adrian Pasdar got a nice little send-off. I will miss him. The show's already not the same without him. And Peter coping with the loss of his brother? Tragic. Without his brother, he truly is lost, wondering what to do, where to go. Of course, we all know he will go after Sylar eventually. That's the only logical way to go. I just wish they'd hurry it up.

I liked the mention of West. It would have been nice if he'd have a cameo but oh well. Too late for that.

CharmedOneP391

[10]Jan 4, 2010
    • level: 19

i would give these episodes like an 8.

i mean..sure i liked the episodes...a lot of episodes this season feel like build up episodes..like this one. time to mourn for peter and claire.i liked claire not being a naive little girl and going in like that "not until you tell me what happened to joseph" i mean damn...you've got balls. claire and peter have a weird on screen chemistry cuz of the actors..a little weird to watch.

sylar and lydia was weird...but atleast samuel took him off his pedistal. poor lydia looked so violated at the end..isn't she kinda with edgar? so peter can fly now..that made sense. since sylar wants claire now..again im just like..its all gettin kinda weird..cuz we know that he wants someone to be there with him but claire wants nothing but him dead...maybe she'll get to do the deed.

hiro and ando just..i had no idea like..why is hiro talking like that? obviously about mohinder but it was just off..seen him in a different set of mind (villains) before..blah. just get to the saving.

emmas power makes a lot more sense and is pretty amazing..atleast for samuel. city of heroes? world breaking in half? powered one side..normal other?

who knows but somethings gonna be going down..soon.

didn't like- claire not mentioning that sylar killed her real mother as well. claire cutting herself while being around peter when last time sylar attacked peter in the elevator. where are matt and tracy??? matt i can do without but what about tracy? kinda sucky. she always gets lack of screen time.

good episodes...but have seen better. preview looks AMAZING tho.

one thing i didn't even get tho..was the 86 hour ago or whatever..i was like whoa? didn't follow that one.

sylar needs to die i hate him going around using peter's old power. and i think angela too. even tho shes the only precog left. (matt?)

ps: Sup Doyle & nearly West?

I'm also getting this vibe that hiro's sister has the power to heal like their mom and thats how he will be saved.

Edited on 01/04/2010 7:55pm
    Edited 3 total times.

a_noob_is_rokz

[11]Jan 4, 2010
    I think it's now quite obvious that Samuel's endgame is to use Emma to draw a large group of specials to him. The only things that remains to be seen is what he plans to do with all that power.

Also, I forgot to mention it before but Sylar and Lydia creeped the hell out of me and that scene was horrible.

antdude

[12]Jan 4, 2010
    • level: 27
    JWEBSR wrote:
    Really? Hour was slightly better than hour 2. I think we agree Heroes isn't good as season 1.

kMaan

[13]Jan 5, 2010

This is samuel's plan

JasmineHR

[14]Jan 5, 2010
    • level: 35

Ok, so "Heroes" continues to be meh. It seems like the writers still are messing with characters' personalities for the sake of good storylines which end up as mediocre.

I don't usually chat about shows on forums much but the ending of "Let it Bleed" just gave me an icky vibe. Please, please, please don't tell me they're planning on trying a Sylar/Claire thing... as in getting them romantically involved in any way. After the whole thing about Sylar being lonely and wanting to be loved, then the tattoo of Claire and then Sylar stalkerishly looking in Claire's window with a creepily spoken "Hello Cheerleader", I got the heebie-jeebies.

I don't have anything against Sylar. Love his character though the writers can't seem to make up their minds lately on the poor guy's personality, and I'm okay with Claire though the writers constantly trying to center things around her is starting to make me get sick of her (i.e. with things like the sadly thin-veiled attempt for a popularity boost by throwing in some Claire-on-girl action which they didn't even try and justify with a good storyline nor did they really seem to acknowledge it. Felt like one page of the script was accidently replaced with a page of a teenaged boy's fanfic, lol).

Sorry, went off on a tangent. So, no problem with Sylar, no problem with Claire, but trying to put them together, I'd have a problem with. It's just icky and weird. He's old enough to be her father and the age difference feels even more vast than that because he's been trying to kill her since she was a little teenage girl cheerleader in high school. Absolutely no chemistry between the two. Claire hates him with a passion and moreso now that she learned he killed her biological father. So many reasons to not hook up the characters.

On a more positive note, I'm hoping the reason the tattoo showed up with Claire's picture is because Samuel made that picture appear as an attempt to use Sylar to get Claire back to the carnival and only let Sylar think that it was a part of himself that created that image.

cactusjack39

[15]Jan 5, 2010
    • level: 30

These two episodes basically accomplished very little in regards to progressing the storyline and creating any fresh angles. For the most part, I thought both of the episodes featured things that have become run-of-the mill in terms of what happens in the show.

First episode was a complete, unnecessary waste of an hour as a result of recycled character syndrome. The writers made Hiro annoying with another stupid mind-problem plot. I wish that they would have kept his dialogue at a minimum since what came out of his mouth was just so redundant and predictable.

Second episode was a little better, but still was below average. I wanted Sylar to own every single carni member, but it didn't happen.

As far as I am concerned, they can just write Claire off immediately. Too much of her in BOTH episodes. I can't really describe how much of a buzzkill it was that her old boyfriend West was even mentioned.

The only interesting part was seeing Doyle again, but even that was a bit underwhelming.

haldrey

[16]Jan 5, 2010
    • level: 22
    Fair episode with the second hour being a little bit better than the first hour. Ok, Sylar is stalking Clair, nothing new there. I agree that Heroes storyline is kind of stuck, sometimes it moves a little bit forward but then it goes back and that is affecting my interest in the show.

master_prince

[17]Jan 5, 2010
    • level: 2
    Did anyone else notice Peter got his powers back?
    He flew to the police site.. then had the Hatians powers and later took Claires powers before flying off again.
    Peter is gathering powers.. I think next he'll be looking for Hiro..
    He wants the ability to heal and control time.. that's the only way to beat Sylar and Samuel at the same time.

Bash2cool

[18]Jan 5, 2010
    • level: 6
    i don't know about gathering powers cause otherwise, he wouldn't have asked for West.

apjccjqa

[19]Jan 5, 2010
    he still has only one at a time. he had haitians power in the kitchen, used that until he got shot, then took healing power, then later he asked claire to call west so he could get the ability to fly (probably so he could fly around and think about nathan)

moonllight

[20]Jan 5, 2010
    • level: 5

I like this slow pace, they really building up for an huge finale.

Lets just hope its not dissapointing as volume 4 finale. (PS: I wasnt dissapointed with volume 1 finale)

A nice touch that the scene where Hiro says Sylar is going to die alone really matters in the story, things that seem unimportant are suddenly important.