Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread - "Upon This Rock/Let it Bleed" **SPOILERS*

DarkWolfAlphaII

[42]Jan 6, 2010
    • level: 3

thetruesora wrote:
    it went to being present day as soon as they closed the boot and it went to showing the wake. the only stuff that was "86 hours ago" was just that quick bit of Peter meeting Noah, seeing Nathan's dead body and talking about setting it up so it looked like he died in a plane crash.

That's one thing I don't understand, how did peter fake the crash? As far as I know, dead people can't fly planes, and I'm sure that if he parachuted out of it before the crash a few people would see him. I guess he "hatian-ed" them.

Edited on 01/06/2010 9:29pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thetruesora

[43]Jan 7, 2010
    • level: 22
    I'd imagine it was mainly Noah that arranged it all (probably from plenty of experience with similar stuff with the company/Angela) but Peter wanted to be a part of it.

feraflower

[44]Jan 7, 2010
    • level: 17
    I have a question and it may be yet another plothole: What about Millie? You know, the woman who paid a gunman to kill and bury "Nathan" after she found out he accidently killed her daughter? Shouldn't she be sitting somewhere, watching the news, and going, "Hum, that's strange. Didn't I just have that guy killed?" I know that it's of inconsequential importance in the long run but still.

KingofIPirates

[45]Jan 7, 2010
    • level: 32
    Yeah that is a bit of a disparity but then again who'd want to confess to hiring a hitman who killed a senator. Though I believe they should bring her back specifically to grill Angela about it.
    Edited on 01/07/2010 11:05am
    Edited 2 total times.

thetruesora

[46]Jan 7, 2010
    Or she could just think the plane crash was to cover up the "being killed by a hitman" thing?

KingofIPirates

[47]Jan 7, 2010
    Look at it from Millie's point of view: Why would Angela(if she actually knew) cover up the fact that she tried to kill her son? And Millie knows that Angela doesn't know so she would have no reason to cover up being killed by a hitman.

thetruesora

[48]Jan 7, 2010
    i was just thinking that being killed by a hitman would draw attention (the way he had dissappeared had drawn attention). So rather than unnecessarily risk any secrets being exposed Millie thought Angela used that to explain what happened. or something like that.

GiancarloChico

[49]Jan 7, 2010
    • level: 7
    tvssecondchild wrote:

It's clear now that Heroes will struggle because there seem to be three factions:

Those who complain that this season won't be as good as Season 1 (time to move on from those thoughts, in my opinion)

Those who enjoy character development (if it's obvious enough: rmantic scenes, fighting, death, etc.)

Those who enjoy more action and less character development (Peter vs. Sylar fights, Noah interogations, etc)

We can't get our cake and eat it too.

I did enjoy Upon this Rock, a little more than Let it Bleed.

I thought upon this rock did give us more in depth about Samuel and his 'good intentions' by his attempt to gather everyone.

In fact in Let in Bleed it begins with a flashback (86 hours) but was there ever a moment when the episode was "Present Day?" or was the entire episode a flashback?

On a side note, nice to hear West's name again... although not actually seeing him.

Claire's anger and bitterness now can only be calmed by Peter, I predict she'll go 'over the edge' soon and who can stop her?

Sylar is usually the wild card. I can never tell if he wants to 'feed' or learn more about himself.

I'm hoping for a great finale, but only time will tell.

I completely agree with this guy. the reason the show is dropping in rates is because everybody keeps whining about the quality of the show to its first season. you're just too used to how the show runs now and so you try to find plotholes by any means neccessary to lower its reputation. you guys keep complaining about the show but the fact of the matter is that you still watch every single episode which means that there must be something you like about it or else you would've stopped watching it. this isn't season one anymore and the only way for the show to go back to season one quality is by taking out every old character and putting in new ones so that they can discover their powers. thats the key facter that made season one special and now its not there anymore except for in the new characters like samuel and emma who everyone apparantly seems to love at the moment. what happens though when season five comes around and they're still there? you're going to be too familiar with them at that point and soon start disliking them too. you guys are still watching the show which means that you still like it so stop complaining about its quality. this season is making a pretty big comeback from from volume four so obviously the writers aren't losing their touch as most of you keep suggesting. the finale is going to be big and i think season five is going to be bigger so just watch and see what happens. i know i will
    Edited on 01/07/2010 1:32pm
    Edited 2 total times.

SVU_number_1fan

[50]Jan 7, 2010
    GiancarloChico wrote:
    tvssecondchild wrote:

It's clear now that Heroes will struggle because there seem to be three factions:

Those who complain that this season won't be as good as Season 1 (time to move on from those thoughts, in my opinion)

Those who enjoy character development (if it's obvious enough: rmantic scenes, fighting, death, etc.)

Those who enjoy more action and less character development (Peter vs. Sylar fights, Noah interogations, etc)

We can't get our cake and eat it too.

I did enjoy Upon this Rock, a little more than Let it Bleed.

I thought upon this rock did give us more in depth about Samuel and his 'good intentions' by his attempt to gather everyone.

In fact in Let in Bleed it begins with a flashback (86 hours) but was there ever a moment when the episode was "Present Day?" or was the entire episode a flashback?

On a side note, nice to hear West's name again... although not actually seeing him.

Claire's anger and bitterness now can only be calmed by Peter, I predict she'll go 'over the edge' soon and who can stop her?

Sylar is usually the wild card. I can never tell if he wants to 'feed' or learn more about himself.

I'm hoping for a great finale, but only time will tell.

I completely agree with this guy. the reason the show is dropping in rates is because everybody keeps whining about the quality of the show to its first season. you're just too used to how the show runs now and so you try to find plotholes by any means neccessary to lower its reputation. you guys keep complaining about the show but the fact of the matter is that you still watch every single episode which means that there must be something you like about it or else you would've stopped watching it. this isn't season one anymore and the only way for the show to go back to season one quality is by taking out every old character and putting in new ones so that they can discover their powers. thats the key facter that made season one special and now its not there anymore except for in the new characters like samuel and emma who everyone apparantly seems to love at the moment. what happens though when season five comes around and they're still there? you're going to be too familiar with them at that point and soon start disliking them too. you guys are still watching the show which means that you still like it so stop complaining about its quality. this season is making a pretty big comeback from from volume four so obviously the writers aren't losing their touch as most of you keep suggesting. the finale is going to be big and i think season five is going to be bigger so just watch and see what happens. i know i will
    i also agree with both of you i think that this season will be big because of rthe dropepd ratings but i liekd this epsiode claire i think will go over the edge and start kill people or something or might kill samuel!!!

JWEBSR

[51]Jan 7, 2010
    • level: 8
    Now that I have settled down, I will be less irate when I write about how this Monday sucked. This is now The Claire Show. Heroes is finished. I had been enjoying this season so far. But Monday completely derailed any hopes that I had for the show making a comeback. So Samuel is doing all of this.......for a girl? ............................*sorry for the pause, I just gagged a bit at the overdone aspect of this cliffhanger*. And now Sylar can't kill because he is too emotional from the lack of a lifelong mate? .......................*sorry, had to sharpen my knife to slit my wrists*. But(dramatic pause), Sylar will just pursue Claire!!!! Awesome!!!!!(sarcasm to the highest degree). *wrists have been cut*. Peter again gets himself into stupid situations and I wish the disgruntled worker would've had better aim. But hey folks, Peter can fly again!! Whoopee!!!!!!(More sarcasm) Hiro is again a blithering idiot and reading Isaac's comic books. This as a result of him finally being pretty cool and acting like a confident adult with an awesome superpower. Can't have that(By now, I hope you know that was sarcastic). Mohinder's coming back, the deaf girl plays the cello, another guy has powers and thought he was alone, the bad guy isn't all bad, Noah wants to protect Claire and is a liar, prune-faced Angela is in my face again.....yada yada yada. Blow it up NBC!!!! They deserve it.
    Edited on 01/07/2010 3:41pm

cactusjack39

[52]Jan 7, 2010
    • level: 30

I have always figured that the writers would continue to shove Claire down people's throats, but I didn't see it being more than usual as it is unnecessarily becoming.

That said, someone recently mentioned "character development." THERE IS NOBODY ON THIS PLANET WHO CAN CONVINCE ME THAT CLAIRE HAS HAD ANY SIGNIFICANT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! I mean, I've waited for it from season to season. Guess what happened? Still the same Claire.

KingofIPirates

[53]Jan 7, 2010
    thetruesora wrote:
    i was just thinking that being killed by a hitman would draw attention (the way he had dissappeared had drawn attention). So rather than unnecessarily risk any secrets being exposed Millie thought Angela used that to explain what happened. or something like that.
    Oh, I suppose that would work

writergirl06

[54]Jan 8, 2010
    • level: 10
    feraflower wrote:

I find it hard to believe that after being dangerously on the verge of cancellation, Heroes pulls out yet another two hours of filler(less) junk. Summary: Samuel is evil, Sylar strips, Sylar steals Lydia's ability, Claire whines over how everyone's lying to her, Peter struggles after "Nathan"'s death, and Hiro's brain's turned into a slushie. AGAIN. Sylar is after Claire. AGAIN. Eyeroll.

Claire is on the verge of sinking to the level of Maya. This close. Whining, crying over how everyone's lying to her, yet being completely stupid towards Samuel. I actually wanted to smack her at how stupid she was being.

And Hiro's mind? Gone. AGAIN. Didn't work in Volume 3, doesn't work now. Al it does is slow down the action and have something we already know: Ando and Hiro will save Mohinder. We know they'll do it. We had the flashforward in the Fifth Stage? Hiro's mind being a slushie DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really not sure why Sylar is after Claire. Unless he has a little Petrelli fetish that hasn't been cured. Don't want to think about that too much.

No sign of Tracey. I got the feeling she's going to be slighted for the rest of the season. AGAIN.

Sigh. Okay. Done complaining. I will move on to the positives.

Best: Samuel OWNING Sylar. That little sandstorm he kicked up? And Sylar being shredded down to the skull? Priceless. And I loved that he admitted to Sylar he's not a good guy. At least he's being honest with himself. At least he's not delusional or completely.

Emma having a siren call? Ooooooo. Intriguing. And Peter's warning via Angela that she's going to kill thousands of people. Sound be something interesting next week.

Great to see Lauren. I like her. If Heroes gets a season five, can she stay? Please? Also nice to see Edgar.

At least Nathan and Adrian Pasdar got a nice little send-off. I will miss him. The show's already not the same without him. And Peter coping with the loss of his brother? Tragic. Without his brother, he truly is lost, wondering what to do, where to go. Of course, we all know he will go after Sylar eventually. That's the only logical way to go. I just wish they'd hurry it up.

I liked the mention of West. It would have been nice if he'd have a cameo but oh well. Too late for that.

HEY. STOP COMPLAINING. THERE'S NO BASIS FOR IT. It WAS a good episode. Knock it off. The writers apparently listened when a couple people wondered wth happened to West all that time ago... they're trying. Give the show a chance. Jeesh.

feraflower

[55]Jan 8, 2010
    writergirl06 wrote:
    feraflower wrote:

I find it hard to believe that after being dangerously on the verge of cancellation, Heroes pulls out yet another two hours of filler(less) junk. Summary: Samuel is evil, Sylar strips, Sylar steals Lydia's ability, Claire whines over how everyone's lying to her, Peter struggles after "Nathan"'s death, and Hiro's brain's turned into a slushie. AGAIN. Sylar is after Claire. AGAIN. Eyeroll.

Claire is on the verge of sinking to the level of Maya. This close. Whining, crying over how everyone's lying to her, yet being completely stupid towards Samuel. I actually wanted to smack her at how stupid she was being.

And Hiro's mind? Gone. AGAIN. Didn't work in Volume 3, doesn't work now. Al it does is slow down the action and have something we already know: Ando and Hiro will save Mohinder. We know they'll do it. We had the flashforward in the Fifth Stage? Hiro's mind being a slushie DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really not sure why Sylar is after Claire. Unless he has a little Petrelli fetish that hasn't been cured. Don't want to think about that too much.

No sign of Tracey. I got the feeling she's going to be slighted for the rest of the season. AGAIN.

Best: Samuel OWNING Sylar. That little sandstorm he kicked up? And Sylar being shredded down to the skull? Priceless. And I loved that he admitted to Sylar he's not a good guy. At least he's being honest with himself. At least he's not delusional or completely.

Emma having a siren call? Ooooooo. Intriguing. And Peter's warning via Angela that she's going to kill thousands of people. Sound be something interesting next week.

Great to see Lauren. I like her. If Heroes gets a season five, can she stay? Please? Also nice to see Edgar.

At least Nathan and Adrian Pasdar got a nice little send-off. I will miss him. The show's already not the same without him. And Peter coping with the loss of his brother? Tragic. Without his brother, he truly is lost, wondering what to do, where to go. Of course, we all know he will go after Sylar eventually. That's the only logical way to go. I just wish they'd hurry it up.

I liked the mention of West. It would have been nice if he'd have a cameo but oh well. Too late for that.

HEY. STOP COMPLAINING. THERE'S NO BASIS FOR IT. It WAS a good episode. Knock it off. The writers apparently listened when a couple people wondered wth happened to West all that time ago... they're trying. Give the show a chance. Jeesh.

Calm down. I meant no ill will towards the show itself. I love the show, I wouldn't be around right now if I didn't. But this episode(s) just really irritated me. It did. That's just how I feel. It's my opinion. I have my opinion, you have yours. It's just the way it is. I haven't liked every single episode of Heroes. And when I don't like an episode, I say so, for whatever it's worth. And I did have a list of positives.

What irritated me the most about these episodes was because Heroes is dangerously on the verge of cancellation (Nielsen ratings for the doubles were 4.9. Aside from CW, I doubt most networks have that kind of patience for that low of ratings), this season could be the last, and since this was the only week they had free from competeting against House or now Fringe, they really needed a shot in ratings, they go and pull a two-hour filler that didn't really serve a lot of point. Either they are REALLY confident they are getting renewed or they have a massive deathwish. And again, this is just my opinion. You are free to think otherwise.

KingofIPirates

[56]Jan 8, 2010
    writergirl06 wrote:

HEY. STOP COMPLAINING. THERE'S NO BASIS FOR IT.
    What show are you watching? Rehashing the same old plot lines while doing very little in progressing the overall storyline all while doing it with a mediocre script does not make an episode good.
    writergirl06 wrote:
    they're trying.
    Apparently Not hard enough
    writergirl06 wrote:
    Give the show a chance. Jeesh.
    Been giving them a chance since the season 1 finale.

CharmedOneP391

[57]Jan 8, 2010
    • level: 19
    writergirl06 wrote:
    feraflower wrote:

I mean hey, im with you. I thought the episodes weren't horrible. They were a bit slow yes..and I would've liked to have seen claire's reaction to nathan's murder...but nope.

I honestly don't think claire is that bad this season..i dont see how she was wining or anything in the episodes..shes at the carnival...shes figuring out that things with samuel aren't right. and just cuz she believed samuel about his intentions after killing his brother doesn't mean shes any mor stupid than any other character on the show. Plus i mean..what samuel said was true...Joseph did turn him over to the government..and if the government would've came they would've had a free for all with all the carnies.

I did NOT hate these episodes..i was looking for a bit more though which clearly...everyone agrees with.