Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Official Heroes Question & Answer Thread - Check Here First

grailwolf

[1]Dec 17, 2008
    • level: 55

The purpose of this thread is to help keep the forum clean and uncluttered. Unfortunately, many users with a simple question do not think that anyone will notice their post in one of the larger threads, so they create a new thread just for their question. Sometimes this leads to the creation of several new threads a day.

To help avoid this problem, we ask that you use this thread for any questions that you think can be answered quickly. We also ask that other forum members check out any new posts here so that someone will be able to answer questions as they are posted.

Please do:

• Use the "quote" feature when answering a question, so that everyone knows which question you are answering.
    • Be polite. Even a question that is asked often is worth answering because it is new to someone.
    • Try to be as factual as possible, and identify your opinions as such.

Please do not:

• Ask questions about topics that already have a thread on the front page (such as the latest episode).
    • Ask "opinion" questions (eg: "Why is Peter such an idiot?" or "Who do you think is the hottest hero?").

(These lists may be edited as need arises.)

Thanks for helping to make this forum great.

And thanks to BAC510 for getting the ball rolling by posting another question thread .

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cactusjack39

[2]Dec 17, 2008
    • level: 30
    Question: With the writers wanting to solve the time travel issue by taking away Hiro's abilties, does this mean he'll never be a master of time and space ever again, or is it possible for him to get a new ability?

grailwolf

[3]Dec 17, 2008
    • level: 55
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    Question: With the writers wanting to solve the time travel issue by taking away Hiro's abilties, does this mean he'll never be a master of time and space ever again, or is it possible for him to get a new ability?

Unfortunately, this is a question that can't be answered. First of all, it is based on an assumption (that the writers took away Hiro's abilities to "solve the time travel issue"). Second, there is no way to possibly know the answer. We do not know what the writers have planned, and even if we did there is always the chance that their plans could change. All we can do is guess.

This is the sort of question that actually could work better as a thread of its own if people were interested in discussing the possibilities.

cactusjack39

[4]Dec 17, 2008
    Thank you, I think I'll do just that.

thetruesora

[5]Dec 18, 2008
    • level: 22
    I believe the writers have said there will be a bit of Hiro trying to find a way to get back his powers in volume 4.

trucker65ie

[6]Dec 18, 2008
    • level: 1

Hi. This is my newbie post. I only signed up because a number of things occurred to me regarding Heroes and I wondered what you guys think.

1) How was Adam able to masquerade as an invincible samurai 400 years ago when there was no formula back then?

2) When Arthur stole Adam's healing power, why didnt the bullet push back out of his head when Silar shot him last week?

3) In series one there was lots of stuff about future Hiro, master swordsman and proper English speaker, travelling back in time to meet Peter in a time-frozen train carriage to tell him to save the cheerleader. Yet now he's had his ability taken away. Obviously he does get his ability back in order for all those future events to transpire. Similarly all that stuff about Silar in 4 years time being a good guy with a son and blowing himself up. That may all have just been Parkman's premonition but it seems that most visions of the future in Heroes do relate to events that actually do eventually happen.

That is all for now. Points 1 and 2 are keeping me awake lately.

T65

TraverseTown

[7]Dec 18, 2008
    • level: 24
    trucker65ie wrote:

Hi. This is my newbie post. I only signed up because a number of things occurred to me regarding Heroes and I wondered what you guys think.

1) How was Adam able to masquerade as an invincible samurai 400 years ago when there was no formula back then?

2) When Arthur stole Adam's healing power, why didnt the bullet push back out of his head when Silar shot him last week?

3) In series one there was lots of stuff about future Hiro, master swordsman and proper English speaker, travelling back in time to meet Peter in a time-frozen train carriage to tell him to save the cheerleader. Yet now he's had his ability taken away. Obviously he does get his ability back in order for all those future events to transpire. Similarly all that stuff about Silar in 4 years time being a good guy with a son and blowing himself up. That may all have just been Parkman's premonition but it seems that most visions of the future in Heroes do relate to events that actually do eventually happen.

That is all for now. Points 1 and 2 are keeping me awake lately.

T65

1) No formula was needed, Adam Monroe was a natural born evolved human who took on the alias of Takezo Kensei while in Japan. Actually, Adam never even mentions the formula. 2) All abilities are based in the brain, and if the brain is destroyed, abilities no longer work. 3) That Future Hiro doesn't exist anymore because New York never exploded.
    Edited on 12/18/2008 12:42pm

thetruesora

[8]Dec 18, 2008
    In "Five Years Gone" we see that "Future Hiro" die. If Ando really did kill Hiro in that other future then that could be a sign that Hiro will die in a few years no matter what.

cactusjack39

[9]Dec 18, 2008
    Question: What was the significance, if any, of the "Villains you seek" painting made by Usutu in the episode "Eris Quod Sum" and is it still in effect if that was indeed Sylar as one of the four?
    Edited on 12/18/2008 5:00pm

Man_Of_Miracles

[10]Dec 18, 2008
    • level: 6
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    Question: What was the significance, if any, of the "Villains you seek" painting made by Usutu in the episode "Eris Quod Sum" and is it still in effect if that was indeed Sylar as one of the four?

It simply showed the people who worked for Pinehearst. The enemy, so to speak.

I didn't personally attribute much more meaning to it than that.

Mathwiz4456

[11]Dec 19, 2008
    • level: 2

I have some questions that i hoped would've been answered by the end of the volume but then were never answered, and I have a feeling the writers will never answer them.

1. How does Meredith know Eric Doyle? I know they probably used to be in love, but it would be nice to know how they met.

2. Where did the catalyst come from (who made it)?

3. We know that Maury Parkman was making those illusions of Linderman. But he was a level 5 prisoner until he escaped (Butterfly Effect). Nathan saw Linderman in the very first episode (Second Coming) before Maury escaped. How could Linderman be there if Maury wasn't?

4. How did Nathan heal from being shot (Second Coming)?

5. How did Maury escape from being trapped in his nightmare?

6. And most importantly, how did Future Peter get that scar?

OminousShadow87

[12]Dec 19, 2008
    Mathwiz4456 wrote:

I have some questions that i hoped would've been answered by the end of the volume but then were never answered, and I have a feeling the writers will never answer them.

1. How does Meredith know Eric Doyle? I know they probably used to be in love, but it would be nice to know how they met.

2. Where did the catalyst come from (who made it)?

3. We know that Maury Parkman was making those illusions of Linderman. But he was a level 5 prisoner until he escaped (Butterfly Effect). Nathan saw Linderman in the very first episode (Second Coming) before Maury escaped. How could Linderman be there if Maury wasn't?

4. How did Nathan heal from being shot (Second Coming)?

5. How did Maury escape from being trapped in his nightmare?

6. And most importantly, how did Future Peter get that scar?

1. That hasn't been revealed unless it was in the novels and I can't remember.
    2. That hasn't been revealed.
    3. This is a potentional plothole, unless Maury wasn't actually in Level 5.
    4. I think we were supposed to think it was Linderman but seeing as how that's impossible, my best guess is Future Peter may have the ability. This is another potential plothole.
    5. This hasn't been revealed.
    6. This is something we have been waiting to see since Future Hiro mentioned it in the subway. Stay tuned, I'm sure it will be great!

cactusjack39

[13]Dec 19, 2008

This question has been beat to death, but I just want to know for sure. Is Daphne immune to time stopping or is it only when she is moving fast?

OminousShadow87

[14]Dec 19, 2008
    cactusjack39 wrote:

This question has been beat to death, but I just want to know for sure. Is Daphne immune to time stopping or is it only when she is moving fast?

According to her, Hiro was unable to stop time completely and so, as far as she is concerned, she was/is immune to time stoping. If anyone was able to stop time completely, she would stop as well.

Giant2005

[15]Dec 19, 2008
    • level: 8
    cactusjack39 wrote:

Only when she is already in motion.
    Hiro has managed to successfully stop/slow time in her prescence and have it effect her while she was stationary.

xs31823

[16]Dec 20, 2008
    • level: 10

There are a few questions regarding Heroes Season 3 at which I don't think anyone can answer.

1) In "The Butterfly Effect", we know that Niki had died. But why wasn't her body burnt into ashes since she was trapped inside a building on fire?

2) How come the Haitian powers didn't work on Sylar? In "Our Father", Sylar had controlled on the bullet shot out from Peter's gun. He was able to swiped off Peter's gun, freezed Arthur and the bullet and the same time, and was even able to use his "lie-detecting" ability. His ability of using various powers simultaneously was understandable, but why the presence of the Haitian had no effects on Sylar's powers? Hiro and Daphne tried to use their powers when Haitian was near by in "The Butterfly Effect", but Haitian was a few inch away from Sylar in "Our Father".

3) I don't understand the time travelling thing. Surely, if you return to the past, you can change the present. In the present, the formula had already torned in two. Then, Hiro returned to 16 years ago and managed to tear in into halves. Is this a coincidence? If it wasn't for Hiro, who tore the formula in the first place? Claire succeeded in changing the past. She managed to avoid the catalyst from planted into her.

4) Where is the Haitian in "Dual"? Knocked out by Sylar?

Thanks if there are any replies.

Mathwiz4456

[17]Dec 20, 2008
    • level: 2
    1. Niki's body wasn't burned because her body was found ad it was cleaned up

2. The Haitian didn't have enough strength to block the powers of both Sylar and Arthur. And he probably realized Arthur was more important to kill at the moment.

And I'm sorry but I have no idea about 3 and 4.

cactusjack39

[18]Dec 20, 2008
    xs31823 wrote:

There are a few questions regarding Heroes Season 3 at which I don't think anyone can answer.

1) In "The Butterfly Effect", we know that Niki had died. But why wasn't her body burnt into ashes since she was trapped inside a building on fire?

2) How come the Haitian powers didn't work on Sylar? In "Our Father", Sylar had controlled on the bullet shot out from Peter's gun. He was able to swiped off Peter's gun, freezed Arthur and the bullet and the same time, and was even able to use his "lie-detecting" ability. His ability of using various powers simultaneously was understandable, but why the presence of the Haitian had no effects on Sylar's powers? Hiro and Daphne tried to use their powers when Haitian was near by in "The Butterfly Effect", but Haitian was a few inch away from Sylar in "Our Father".

3) I don't understand the time travelling thing. Surely, if you return to the past, you can change the present. In the present, the formula had already torned in two. Then, Hiro returned to 16 years ago and managed to tear in into halves. Is this a coincidence? If it wasn't for Hiro, who tore the formula in the first place? Claire succeeded in changing the past. She managed to avoid the catalyst from planted into her.

4) Where is the Haitian in "Dual"? Knocked out by Sylar?

Thanks if there are any replies.

For question 3, here's my theory. It's like pre-destination. In the present, the formula was ripped in half when Hiro opened the vault. That was because he was destined to go back in time later on in the season to rip the formula in half before Daphne and Ando saved him. It was a result of what Hiro would do later on in the series. To give another example of pre-destination would be the catalyst. Claire thought she was the one, but with the help of Hiro, she never was the catalyst do to the fact they were destined to go back in time and change what happened in the past meaning she never had it in her. I hope this makes sense and isn't too confusing.

For question 4, Maybe the Haitian had another assignment.

Edited on 12/20/2008 11:42am

OminousShadow87

[19]Dec 20, 2008
    Yeah, the Haitian conviently dissappeared. Maybe when Sylar locked down Primatech, he locked out Haitian.

thetruesora

[20]Dec 20, 2008
    OminousShadow87 wrote:
    Yeah, the Haitian conviently dissappeared. Maybe when Sylar locked down Primatech, he locked out Haitian.

Last we saw of the Haitian was at Pinehearst when Arthur was killed.