Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Official Heroes Question & Answer Thread - Check Here First

Man_Of_Miracles

[41]Dec 28, 2008
    • level: 6
    cactusjack39 wrote:

This is another question that has been floating around in other threads but I just want to be sure, so I am sorry for the repetitveness.

Question: If a person with the ability to paint the future(Issac and Usutu) paint their own deaths before it happens, is it possible for them to prevent it from happening?

I'd say so.

The only reason Isaac stayed to be killed by Sylar, was so that Sylar would gain his ability, go to Kirby Plaza, and be 'killed'.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Giant2005

[42]Dec 28, 2008
    • level: 8
    Man_Of_Miracles wrote:
    cactusjack39 wrote:

This is another question that has been floating around in other threads but I just want to be sure, so I am sorry for the repetitveness.

Question: If a person with the ability to paint the future(Issac and Usutu) paint their own deaths before it happens, is it possible for them to prevent it from happening?

I'd say so.

The only reason Isaac stayed to be killed by Sylar, was so that Sylar would gain his ability, go to Kirby Plaza, and be 'killed'.

Also, Usutu avoided several attacks from Hiro due to his foresight. There isn't any reason why he couldn't have done the same with a fatal attack.

cactusjack39

[43]Dec 28, 2008
    • level: 30
    Question: After watching Ando enhance Matt and Daphne's abilities, how would, if at all, could Ando's abilities enhance The Haitian's? This is assuming that the Haitian doesn't know Ando has an ability and doesn't supress his powers.
    Edited on 12/28/2008 2:31pm

thetruesora

[44]Dec 28, 2008
    • level: 22
    The Haitian can naturally turn off abilities of those around him like when delivering the briefcase with half of the formula. Without knowing Hiro and Daphne were there he had turned off their abilities. I would imagine Ando would increase his ability to switch off other people's abilities(he had trouble with Arthur's) and the range of his abilities(how close he needs to be to negate).

Iamdapwnage

[45]Dec 28, 2008
    • level: 16

Speaking of the Hatian, what exactly is his power? We've seen him erase memories (which has apparently been dropped), turn off other peoples powers, and now put his head on them and they fall uncoscious? I read he has the power to control the brain or something, but wouldn't that be Maury and Matt's power?

Also, why do they treat us fans stupid? They call telepathy "mind jumbo", regeneration "healing", intuitive aptitude "the hunger" or "how things work", etc. They just stick those names with Mohinder thinking "oh he's the smart guy, let him say all the big words and no one will understand him".

Edited on 12/28/2008 6:23pm

thetruesora

[46]Dec 29, 2008
    • level: 22
    People use healing in normal conversation. They don't go "Oh I was just in the hospital recovering while waiting for my wounds to regenerate". "The hunger" is the side effect of Intuitive Aptitude or the understanding of "how things work".

Haitian's power: http://heroeswiki.com/Mental_manipulation
    Matt and Maurt's power: http://heroeswiki.com/Telepathy

cactusjack39

[47]Dec 29, 2008

Every 9th wonder comic was made by Issac Mendez. That we know. The past 3 seasons have proved him incredibly accurate. I do have a couple questions regarding Issac and the 9th wonders.

Question 1: When Issac finished the 9th wonders in season 1, wouldn't it mean that the comics contained the events that would happen all the way to volume 3? If that was the case, wouldn't that mean that Hiro was destined to go back in time 16 years and for all the other events to happen?

Question 2: Is it possible that the events in the 9th wonders could be changed before they are to occur?

actknee

[48]Dec 29, 2008
    • level: 4
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    Question: After watching Ando enhance Matt and Daphne's abilities, how would, if at all, could Ando's abilities enhance The Haitian's? This is assuming that the Haitian doesn't know Ando has an ability and doesn't supress his powers.

I guess if they are too close, Ando's power won't work at all. But since they showed Ando's power as an electricity, then maybe all they need is a conductor. A long copper wire might do the trick.

aditrs

[49]Jan 4, 2009
    Pardon me for possibly being outdated but I've got a question that's been nagging me. How can new 9th wonders comics be produced when Isaac Mendez is quite obviously dead?

cactusjack39

[50]Jan 4, 2009
    aditrs wrote:
    Pardon me for possibly being outdated but I've got a question that's been nagging me. How can new 9th wonders comics be produced when Isaac Mendez is quite obviously dead?
    Apparently, Issac made all the 9th wonder comics before he died.

Man_Of_Miracles

[51]Jan 4, 2009
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    aditrs wrote:

Considering that the issue depicting Hiro leaving Japan at the start of season 1 was released at about the same time as The Bomb happened, and Season 3 takes place (by my reckoning) about 6 months after that...

Its not unreasonable to assume that he could have made enough issues to last that long.

Furthermore, Isaac saw his own death, he pretty much knew how much time he had left, he could have been quite productive with it.

While it doesn't break the logic of the show, I don't really appreciate it as a plot device.

In season 2, the 'lost' paintings seemed more appropriate, considering the number that the Company, via Linderman, had acquired. Not to mention the fact that they probably had access to other precogs. Also, they were sort of a throw away thing, meant to build suspense, so it had less chance to annoy me.

This season, it seemed contrived for Isaac to be lending a hand from beyond the grave, again. Especially since they attached the same power to Usutu.

It didn't ruin the season for me, or the device in general. I mean, precognition is older than the hills, and quite prevalent in Sci-Fi.

cactusjack39

[52]Jan 4, 2009
    Question: I can't remember seeing the cockroach this season, but what's the deal with it appearing primarily when someone dies or is about to die?

aditrs

[53]Jan 4, 2009
    Man_Of_Miracles wrote:
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    aditrs wrote:

Considering that the issue depicting Hiro leaving Japan at the start of season 1 was released at about the same time as The Bomb happened, and Season 3 takes place (by my reckoning) about 6 months after that...

Its not unreasonable to assume that he could have made enough issues to last that long.

Furthermore, Isaac saw his own death, he pretty much knew how much time he had left, he could have been quite productive with it.

While it doesn't break the logic of the show, I don't really appreciate it as a plot device.

In season 2, the 'lost' paintings seemed more appropriate, considering the number that the Company, via Linderman, had acquired. Not to mention the fact that they probably had access to other precogs. Also, they were sort of a throw away thing, meant to build suspense, so it had less chance to annoy me.

This season, it seemed contrived for Isaac to be lending a hand from beyond the grave, again. Especially since they attached the same power to Usutu.

It didn't ruin the season for me, or the device in general. I mean, precognition is older than the hills, and quite prevalent in Sci-Fi.

Cool. Thanks for the explanation.

As for
    :
    Question: I can't remember seeing the cockroach this season, but what's the deal with it appearing primarily when someone dies or is about to die?

I read somewhere that the cockroach was meant to symbolise survival. Like when one crossed Sylar and Parkman in season 1.

kanniballl

[54]Jan 5, 2009
    • level: 18

thetruesora wrote:
    In "Five Years Gone" we see that "Future Hiro" die. If Ando really did kill Hiro in that other future then that could be a sign that Hiro will die in a few years no matter what.

Not entirely true, the show has shown that the future CAN be changed, but the past is questionable. The show also appears to have some future events fluid (changeable), while others "tend" to happen regardless.

That scene very well may happen, or perhaps it never does. I always felt they were play-acting to fulfill Hiro's vision, so he would think Ando would be evil and thus do something specific (or act a certain way) which was necessary for things to work out right. And that was before we learned that (initially) Ando's powers don't seem lethal.

SPOILERS OF EXAMPLES OF HEROES FUTURE TIMELINE CHANGES

Heroes has shown us glimpses of the future a couple of times, usually via a time travelling Hiro or Peter. Below are some of the things that were changed/prevented when the time traveller returned to their own present.

- Sylar/Peter did not destroy NY City.

- The virus did not get released.

- The first time Hiro jumped and saw the bomb go off, Ando didn't know ANYTHING about what happened to Hiro: where he was, that he had powers, what was going on, etc. Then Hiro returns and makes him part of the adventure.

- Ando didn't get killed during season 1, which future-Hiro told him would happen.

- Nikki/Jessica died, where-as she was alive in a future as a dancer.

- Probably lots of other things.

Edited on 01/05/2009 10:43am
    Edited 3 total times.

cactusjack39

[55]Jan 5, 2009
    Question: Who's faster, Hiro at teleporting or Daphne at running?

GeigerdolylWodd

[56]Jan 5, 2009
    • level: 7
    trucker65ie wrote:

Hi. This is my newbie post. I only signed up because a number of things occurred to me regarding Heroes and I wondered what you guys think.

1) How was Adam able to masquerade as an invincible samurai 400 years ago when there was no formula back then?

2) When Arthur stole Adam's healing power, why didnt the bullet push back out of his head when Silar shot him last week?

3) In series one there was lots of stuff about future Hiro, master swordsman and proper English speaker, travelling back in time to meet Peter in a time-frozen train carriage to tell him to save the cheerleader. Yet now he's had his ability taken away. Obviously he does get his ability back in order for all those future events to transpire. Similarly all that stuff about Silar in 4 years time being a good guy with a son and blowing himself up. That may all have just been Parkman's premonition but it seems that most visions of the future in Heroes do relate to events that actually do eventually happen.

That is all for now. Points 1 and 2 are keeping me awake lately.

T65

2? Would really be perplexing if it weren't for the Haitian's power to block other heroes powers. That is why he couldn't do anything to stop the bullet and the Haitian apparently has to actively focus his power when its concentrated on one person. So perhaps he became weak from focusing it? If so then thats how Sylar was able to stop the bullet then again perhaps he simply did not know he had the power to stop the bullet... so many good powers gone for good... well maybe... I'm still kind of wondering if Future Peter is really dead for good due to the bullet to his head. I mean since he has the time travel ability, Claire is his friend and niece, and she has the healing power, it stands to reason that he should still be able to heal. Heck Arthur should still be able to heal. I don't know if anyone else has ever answered this so I'll ask t hear how the heck did sylar survive being stabbed in season 1's finale? Was there a web comic or something to fill in that? I mean he had not aquired Claire's power yet there he is come season 2 and 3.

GeigerdolylWodd

[57]Jan 5, 2009
    • level: 7
    aditrs wrote:
    Its also important to note that Peter could acquire others abilities by spending time with them. Including but not limited to Isaac's ability to paint the future.

In fact in season 2 Peter painted a painting of the future. But now with Usutu dead? and Arthur supposedly dead as well? Unless they bring one of the two back, introduce a new precognitive or rely heavily on DaphAndo? I don't see how they are going to reveal the future. Though Sylar's new truth sensing power could come in hand if it ever comes down to morals.

In a way I'm kind of glad they took all those powers from Peter cause now the other heroes have a renewed purpose... The only question is how long will it last...

Man_Of_Miracles

[58]Jan 5, 2009
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    Question: Who's faster, Hiro at teleporting or Daphne at running?

From their altercation in Daphne's apartment, it would appear to be Hiro.

Physically speaking, Hiro doesn't have to travel the intervening space between two points, it should be instantaneous. Going even further, Hiro could travel through time, he could arrive before he departed. There is no question as to the physically fastest.

Mentally, however, I would expect Daphne to be quicker. She should have super reflexes, which is one of the reasons that scene didn't sit well with me. Hiro might control time, but if he's at rest, she should have the drop on him.

The point would seem moot now, though.

The writers have obviously done away with time travel, but I would like to see teleportation re-emerge in the series, at some point.

kanniballl

[59]Jan 5, 2009
    • level: 18

aditrs wrote:

They state that 9th Wonders continued without Isaac with different/normal writers. What Hiro and Ando were looking at were what Isaac finished just before his death. They were published in Memory of Isaac.

And the pencil-drawn issue they found at the courier's was the issue he gave to the delivery guy just before his death.

chad28_69

[60]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 5
    How does Linderman cure Nathan Petrelli of the gun shot wounds isn't Linderman dead? Isn't that Linderman a illusion made by Parkman's father?
    Edited on 01/06/2009 10:44am
    Edited 2 total times.