Heroes Forums

NBC (ended 2010)

Official Heroes Question & Answer Thread - Check Here First

actknee

[61]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 4
    If Hiro took the catalyst from being transferred to Claire in the past, should Claire still be alive today? Didn't Sylar opened up Claire's brain and saw that she was special and that's the reason why he didn't kill her. But if the past is now altered by Hiro, Claire is not special anymore but just have healing power, therefore Sylar should have killed her?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Man_Of_Miracles

[62]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 6
    actknee wrote:
    If Hiro took the catalyst from being transferred to Claire in the past, should Claire still be alive today? Didn't Sylar opened up Claire's brain and saw that she was special and that's the reason why he didn't kill her. But if the past is now altered by Hiro, Claire is not special anymore but just have healing power, therefore Sylar should have killed her?

Sylar is never trying to kill people, unnecessarily.

It's just his method of acquiring abilities is fatal to his subjects.

Claire could survive the process, so she did.

beejw1

[63]Jan 9, 2009
    • level: 1
    In the Episode 'Our Father' (series 3) Peter is holding a gun on Arthur with the Haitian present to counter Arthur's powers, which works fine. As Peter fires at Arthur, Sylar enters the picture and is able to stop the bullet just before it hits Arthur. How is he able to do this with the Haitian still in the room?

chad28_69

[64]Jan 9, 2009
    • level: 5
    beejw1 wrote:
    In the Episode 'Our Father' (series 3) Peter is holding a gun on Arthur with the Haitian present to counter Arthur's powers, which works fine. As Peter fires at Arthur, Sylar enters the picture and is able to stop the bullet just before it hits Arthur. How is he able to do this with the Haitian still in the room?
    I think the haitian can control who he's blo9cking, and since he was having hard time stopping all arthurs powers he did it do the effort to stop sylar.

cactusjack39

[65]Jan 9, 2009
    • level: 30

We've seen an advanced stage of ability for Matt's ability. He began as a mind reader which evolved into putting thoughts into people's heads and also lead to creating mind illusions.

It leads me to ask...

Question: Are there advancements to the other heroes abilities such as Hiro, Peter, Claire, etc? If so, what could they be?

Antironix

[66]Jan 10, 2009
    • level: 7
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    We've seen an advanced stage of ability for Matt's ability. He began as a mind reader which evolved into putting thoughts into people's heads and also lead to creating mind illusions. It leads me to ask... Question: Are there advancements to the other heroes abilities such as Hiro, Peter, Claire, etc? If so, what could they be?
    Yes I think there is. Claire can heal herself and others with her blood, maybe later she can heal others only by touching them. Hiro's friend Ando has received the ability to powerup other people's power, he managed to teleport with Daphne. She had only the ability to run fast, but she got stronger and now she can teleport. I think Ando is making a huge change in the serie by letting other 'super' people know what they are capable of.
    Edited on 01/10/2009 12:40pm

Antironix

[67]Jan 10, 2009
    actknee wrote:

Sylar knows that Claire can't die, she can only be dead when she got something stuck in the back in her head. If Sylar killed her, then someone else will find Claire and let her ressurect by pulling the object out of her head.

The only way she can die is by that object and by Arthur's power, but because Arthur is dead, she can't really die.

cactusjack39

[68]Jan 10, 2009

Question: Now that Hiro is powerless, does that mean he is no longer immune to time stopping, if by chance there is another time traveler?

This is assuming if and when they bring time travel back to the show.

Antironix

[69]Jan 10, 2009
    cactusjack39 wrote:

Question: Now that Hiro is powerless, does that mean he is no longer immune to time stopping, if by chance there is another time traveler?

There is no real known time traveller yet, Daphne can only time travel with her powers combined with the one of Ando
    Edited on 01/10/2009 12:41pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Metjw

[70]Jan 10, 2009
    • level: 1

Hey everyone, question about something in season 3

In Episode 10 we see that when Daphne loses her powers during the eclipse, she can't walk anymore

she needs somekind of braces for her legs...however when the Hatian is blocking her powers

in Episode 3 (where Hiro & Ando want to steal

the second piece of the formula) she's still able to walk normally..

when the Hatian disables people's power, shoudln't this effect her??

Antironix

[71]Jan 10, 2009
    Metjw wrote:

In Episode 10 we see that when Daphne loses her powers during the eclipse, she can't walk anymore

she needs somekind of braces for her legs...however when the Hatian is blocking her powers

I think you have found a writer mistake Or the Hatian could have released the powers, but I think that is not the issue.

cactusjack39

[72]Jan 10, 2009
    Antironix wrote:
    Metjw wrote:

I think you have found a writer mistake Or the Hatian could have released the powers, but I think that is not the issue.
    It's not a writers mistake. The Haitian only supressed Daphne's ability. He never took it away from her so she still had her ability, but she just couldn't use it. The reason why she couldn't walk was because the eclipse wiped their powers away completely for a time being.

In essance, the Haitian can only supress her from using her ability, but I think since she still has her abilities, she can still walk.

Man_Of_Miracles

[73]Jan 10, 2009
    cactusjack39 wrote:
    Antironix wrote:
    Metjw wrote:

It's not a writers mistake. The Haitian only supressed Daphne's ability. He never took it away from her so she still had her ability, but she just couldn't use it. The reason why she couldn't walk was because the eclipse wiped their powers away completely for a time being.

In essance, the Haitian can only supress her from using her ability, but I think since she still has her abilities, she can still walk.

I don't like this explanation. I wrote another in the plot holes thread (which should probably be merged into this one), but I'll put it here as well.

What's more likely than an inconsistency between the effects of The Haitian and The Eclipse, is a misunderstanding about the process Daphne's body goes through when she loses her ability.

It was shown in the graphic novels, that when her ability manifested her condition improved gradually and eventually was suppressed. Not only this, but taking a moment to consider what Metjw said, it would be as illogical as suggesting that all of Claire's previous wounds should return once she lost her ability.

In Daphne's case, her ability recovered the use of her legs, and suppressed her condition. During the eclipse, her legs would begin to degrade, but it wouldn't be instantaneous.

We don't see how she returns home, which suggests to me that she lost her powers, realised what was happening, and travelled home like a normal person.

Edited on 01/10/2009 3:16pm

Man_Of_Miracles

[74]Jan 10, 2009
    cactusjack39 wrote:

"Logically, no. If a person loses there ability, any immunities that were part of the ability would go too.

However, Peter seems to have demonstrated that a persons ability is intrinsic to their nature (or blood chemistry, as Mohinder puts it), therefore there is always the option for Hiro to recover his ability, via the formula (if it is discovered again, Mohinder must have at least some knowledge of the formula's structure).

So there is some remnant of a genetic difference. My inner geek likes the idea that there might be an angle to that.

Perhaps, Ando can affect a normal persons DNA such that it activates an ability.

That reminds me of Más y Menos, from the Teen Titans cartoon.

Twins, who can move at super speed only when touching. It'd be nice if that's how Hiro becomes more relevant in the coming volume.

Hiro's a great character, but unless they utilise his ties to Yamagato Industries, I fail to see an interesting arc for him. If Ando can allow Hiro to access even the smallest part of his ability, it would produce a far more dynamic element for the show.

Edited on 01/10/2009 3:21pm

thetruesora

[75]Jan 10, 2009
    • level: 22
    Hiro and Ando are supposed to get some kind of "Lair" in Volume 4 so his ties to Yamagoto might be involved in getting the Lair, who knows?

kanniballl

[76]Jan 12, 2009
    • level: 18

First off, I have a good grasp on the show. I've seen most of the episodes more than once, but I have a question none-the-less.

It's about Isaac and his comics. Granted it's been a while since I've seen S1 about something just occured to me.

Who was writing the "dialog" bubbles for his comics?

I never recall him writing in dialog or thought bubbles on his own. It was just the visual depictions and it worked out so they fit on a comic page and one could "guess" at a possible story bylooking at them.

Yet in The Eclipse Parts 1 and 2 we saw the last official issue with actual dialog from the show there-in, when Hiro and Ando were at the comic store.

I don't believe we've seen other characters use this ability (Peter, Sylar, Arthur, Matt's Guide) knowing the dialog. And, correct me if I'm mistaken, didn't Arthur not even know the full context of some of his sketches before the eclipse (like Mohinder "dying" when he was really just in a coccoon)?

- Could another super-powered person be working at the comic company?

- Was it just a mistake on the writers' parts?

- Or am I missing something?

Edited on 01/12/2009 7:36am

Man_Of_Miracles

[77]Jan 12, 2009
    kanniballl wrote:

First off, I have a good grasp on the show. I've seen most of the episodes more than once, but I have a question none-the-less.

It's about Isaac and his comics. Granted it's been a while since I've seen S1 about something just occured to me.

Who was writing the "dialog" bubbles for his comics?

I never recall him writing in dialog or thought bubbles on his own. It was just the visual depictions and it worked out so they fit on a comic page and one could "guess" at a possible story bylooking at them.

Yet in The Eclipse Parts 1 and 2 we saw the last official issue with actual dialog from the show there-in, when Hiro and Ando were at the comic store.

I don't believe we've seen other characters use this ability (Peter, Sylar, Arthur, Matt's Guide) knowing the dialog. And, correct me if I'm mistaken, didn't Arthur not even know the full context of some of his sketches before the eclipse (like Mohinder "dying" when he was really just in a coccoon)?

- Could another super-powered person be working at the comic company?

- Was it just a mistake on the writers' parts?

- Or am I missing something?

Good point, actually.

However, I just jumped over to the heroes wiki, in the 9th Wonders article there is associated media.

One picture is of Sylar looking at the author's page in the back of an issue, which states "Published by Writer/Artist Isaac Mendez".

http://heroeswiki.com/Image:Issue14-LastPage.jpg

Isaac didn't know what he was doing when he was creating those comics. Its entirely possible that knowing what was being said was due to who he is, what he was doing.

Moreover, the nature of the information gained might depend entirely on the medium being used. Isaac was both a painter and comic book artist/writer, when he paints, he wouldn't put speech bubbles in, but if he was trying to make a comic he might.

Hell, if he was a novellist, he might just end up with dialogue and a description.

Imagine, if the power could be applied to any art form. This reminds me of a similar ability from the 4400. One of the returnees, was a film director. We eventually discover that his films, since returning, contain information that he couldn't possibly have obtained normally. One aside mentions a film depicting the location of Jimmy Hoffa...

thetruesora

[78]Jan 12, 2009
    • level: 22
    I thought it could be that he channels his ability into looking like comic book panels. 1st time would be the images and then 2nd time activating it to fill in the dialog. Which is the why the one for "Five Years Gone" didn't have any dialog.

XanderKage

[79]Jan 13, 2009
    • level: 4
    I have aquestion (actually I've already asked this, but was kindly re-directed here) - about Peter's powers. In season 3 ep.4, Future Clair shoots and kills Future Peter. Doesn't he have Clair's power? I mean he was around her a couple of times. Plus he has regenerated (i think) in prev seasons... Oh, and (present) Peter's cuts later in the episode.. Now I've beed told it's (somehow) the work of the Haitian. But later he left - Peter used his powers on (future) Nathan - yet his cuts didn't regenerate, and future Peter was still dead.

Man_Of_Miracles

[80]Jan 13, 2009

XanderKage wrote:
    I have aquestion (actually I've already asked this, but was kindly re-directed here) - about Peter's powers. In season 3 ep.4, Future Clair shoots and kills Future Peter. Doesn't he have Clair's power? I mean he was around her a couple of times. Plus he has regenerated (i think) in prev seasons... Oh, and (present) Peter's cuts later in the episode.. Now I've beed told it's (somehow) the work of the Haitian. But later he left - Peter used his powers on (future) Nathan - yet his cuts didn't regenerate, and future Peter was still dead.

Alright, I'll elaborate further.

First of all, Peter's cuts did heal. What was left was the blood. He does possess regeneration.

Future Peter's situation is unique within the small, known group of healers on the show. This is due to the nature of his power. Peter is a mimic, his basic power is to accquire and reproduce any ability that belongs to a person in proximity. The exact distance is unknown, but there we go. He can also, via memory and possibly related to his empathic ability, reproduce an ability when the original owner has left his presence.

Think of it like the electrical system of a city.

Some kind of generator, which leads to a transformer, which leads to lots of houses.

The generator is Peter's DNA, plus whatever physical attributes that allow him to have such an ability.

The houses are the DNA he has absorbed (or had, I suppose. Its just flight and pyrokinesis now, maybe Mo's power. Anyway...) Each house contains an appliance, the power. Each house, would be like a person whom Peter had met.

The transformer is effectively, his base power, Empathic Mimicary.

I'm stretching this analogy to its limits but bare with me.

Imagine, that the Haitian stops the ties between the power and whatever allows control or activation of the power. Between the generator, and the transformer. Between the house, and the appliance (in someone other than Peter).

When that happens, essentially all his body is, is a regular human body. The generator.

If he is killed during this time, he dies normal, without access to his ability. When the Haitian leaves, he regains his mimic ability, but oh wait, he's dead.

So, it might seem like he should regenerate, but he only regains his base ability.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

That was needlessly complicated, and crap. I'm sure I put it better in the plot holes thread, as well as giving more detail.

Summary:

Peter = Potential Regenerator.

Peter + Haitian = Peter - Powers => Peter = Normal Human.

Human + Death = No Return.

Regenerator + Death = Return.

Regenerator + Stick => Death + Regenerator = Return => Regenerator + Stick => Death +...etc.

(Hillarious, that last one. Depicting the old 'stick-in-the-neck' as a recursive algorithm... Moving on.)